Coach Boeheim | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Coach Boeheim

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to say it but I’m getting the Bobby Bowden, Frank Beamer feels for him. Boeheim and those guys are absolute legends but over welcomed their stay or didn’t know when to hang it up.

This program has been average and stale over the past 5+ years. I almost get the sense JB is coasting until retirement at this point knowing he’s not going to be fired. I think we need a change, we really do. No reason we should lose to Pitt twice in a season let alone get blown out in one, especially to a Jeff Capel coached team.

We can’t fool ourselves there has been a huge drop off in talent the last 5ish years. JB has been TERRIBLE coaching this season. Like legitimately horrible, I think the game is starting to pass him by a bit. Straight up we need a change or it’s going to be like this until JB retires and it’s just going to be a huge hit to the Syracuse basketball brand. Do we want to be known as an elite program or a program that lives on the bubble every year? Your move JB and Wildhack

The kids today shoot too well to too often for a full time zone defense ...go back and look at how many three point shots were taken in the late 80's early 90's vs today...when other teams are hot he needs to man up and change things up...when forwards have to come out to guard wing shooters ...guess what... we get killed on the boards and lose...and the big guys eat us up inside ...he used to play both man and zone ...it also hurts recruiting because these kids all think they are NBA bound and no one plays zone in the pros ...He has always liked skinny guys who can move...while teams like Buffalo beat us with heavyweight bruisers down low...like many of you I appreciate what Jim has done ...but his stubborness is taking a once elite program to mid-major status...just like what happened years ago in football.

Jim must go, finish next year with his son, get the big sendoff, then GO !
I'll throw confetti, blow a horn be really excited for him !

seriously he should look into the Flagler or ST Leos job in florida.

Jim must go, finish next year with his son, get the big sendoff, then GO !
I'll throw confetti, blow a horn be really excited for him !
I'm sure Buddy will use his "extra" year so we will likely have him for 2 more seasons. I'll take two more of Buddy but two more years of his dad...ugh.

Really wish Mark few would consider taking buddy in a back room deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom