Coach K having knee surgery | Syracusefan.com

Coach K having knee surgery

Didn't realize it was that many for Coach K. It's really amazing how well JB has held up. The guy is 72 - most people's bodies start breaking down in some areas at that point. But he's only had the prostate cancer cause him to miss 3 games his whole career. I don't even remember him having anything serious in the off-season, at least that got publicized - and most things about JB do seem to get publicized in the Syracuse area.

Didn't realize it was that many for Coach K. It's really amazing how well JB has held up. The guy is 72 - most people's bodies start breaking down in some areas at that point. But he's only had the prostate cancer cause him to miss 3 games his whole career. I don't even remember him having anything serious in the off-season, at least that got publicized - and most things about JB do seem to get publicized in the Syracuse area.
Those cryogenic chambers are really worth the money.

It's the pilates.

He looked damn good in Albany a few weeks ago.

Seeing that list of surgeries , sorry but all I could think of is 'dem bones, dem bones'. Painful stuff to constantly be dealing with though.

Seeing that list of surgeries , sorry but all I could think of is 'dem bones, dem bones'. Painful stuff to constantly be dealing with though.

I'm only 40 and have had 21 surgeries. Dem bones is the theme song of my life! Most of them were when I was a kid which I'm glad for. I think kids seem to bounce back quicker.

I'm only 40 and have had 21 surgeries. Dem bones is the theme song of my life! Most of them were when I was a kid which I'm glad for. I think kids seem to bounce back quicker.

No doubt recovery is much better when you are young and still building bone mass. Still any time you break something or get cut on its never quite the same. Even if its fully functioning and doesn't limit you its not quite the same. Then as you get older you notice weird things. I had two screws put in my ankle at 16 and pulled after healing so they would grow in. The ankle is actually more sturdy than my other one. It doesn't quite have the same range of motion though. In my early 30's when it was really cold out I started getting a weird ache from inside that ankle. Now at 40 after lots of use it will suddenly not want to bend, especially on stairs. No real pain, no actually issues just weirdness. Don't get me started on my left thumb. It sucks getting older.

Boy they do ... my 5 y/o had to have two (relatively minor) surgeries in Feb/March, both under anesthesia and both with IV's. And it was unbelievable how quickly he recovered ... a couple days and it was like it never happened.

No doubt recovery is much better when you are young and still building bone mass. Still any time you break something or get cut on its never quite the same. Even if its fully functioning and doesn't limit you its not quite the same. Then as you get older you notice weird things. I had two screws put in my ankle at 16 and pulled after healing so they would grow in. The ankle is actually more sturdy than my other one. It doesn't quite have the same range of motion though. In my early 30's when it was really cold out I started getting a weird ache from inside that ankle. Now at 40 after lots of use it will suddenly not want to bend, especially on stairs. No real pain, no actually issues just weirdness. Don't get me started on my left thumb. It sucks getting older.
Oh ... there's lots more fun ahead. I'm in my 50's and still very active cycling (did the ADK 75 miler with my wife a couple weekends ago). Every injury I've ever had resurfaces if I don't stay in shape and maintain some muscle mass. So every winter I try to lift weights to keep strength, then I ride the life cycle or run a little. But it never gets easier, does it?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom