Coach K Retiring | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Coach K Retiring

Just thinking about the "Farewell Tours" of pro athletes - even if they are hated by rival fans, they are also respected. I'm not sure if the reception at opposing arenas for Coach K on a Farewell tour would be too positive, if he's going to get gifts or a video or whatever.

Just thinking about the "Farewell Tours" of pro athletes - even if they are hated by rival fans, they are also respected. I'm not sure if the reception at opposing arenas for Coach K on a Farewell tour would be too positive, if he's going to get gifts or a video or whatever.
This is why I don't think he'll have a Farewell Tour. While part of his ego may want his ring kissed as he goes out the door, a bigger part doesn't want to be booed.

I don’t see the Coach K situation any different than any other high impact person. I think sometimes the time picks you.
None of us know his true health situation, poor, or declining Heath could be the reason K leaves earlier than perhaps any of us thought.
In short, a guy whom has accomplished as much as K has doesn’t walk away before his time, or at a minimum picks his time.
One only has to look at JAB for the proof.

Last edited:
Boom goes the Dynamite. Brad Stevens?
Does JB try to pass K or go out in the same season?
JB needs to pass K, as long as he feels healthy enough to carry on.

hmmm...I wonder what all of his recruits are gonna do...to portal or not to portal????

Boom goes the Dynamite. Brad Stevens?
Does JB try to pass K or go out in the same season?
If this is Buddy's last year, I don't think JB goes out at the same time as both his sons. If Buddy plans to take the 5th year, I could see both JB/BB riding off together in 2023.

1.Looks like Celtics had to promote Stevens to run basketball operations replace Ainge or lose him to Duke? Curious timing.
2. Looks like Roy and K both know the NBA is destroying college hoops and what's left will be destroyed by allowing boosters to openly control the sport by legally paying recruits/players. Boosters will call all the shots not the coaches.

It is interesting that Stevens just moved into a admin role with the Celtics. Could be a nice way to get back into coaching after a year off.

He's going to PBO, no? I mean, IU offered him the world and he passed. I don't think he wants to deal with recruiting and now he gets to be head of ops for one of the most storied NBA teams with two all stars under 25.

If you follow the NBA you know the word is Stevens is sick of coaching and doesn't want anything to do with college anymore. I guess we will see if that’s true, but he wouldn't take 8 million from Indiana.

Hello,
May I speak to Coach Capel

2B6F8B0E-5CEC-48C0-BD43-24706E4B8A1B.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors