Coach says recruiting | Syracusefan.com

Coach says recruiting

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
has not been affected by the recent losses. We are done recruiting the Class of 2012. There are some commits that haven't been reported yet. Surprised the premium sites haven't got a hold of who they are. Doug essentially said the same thing a couple of weeks ago.

The 2013 recruiting board is up and the coaching staff is way ahead of schedule. I know a lot of people are disappointed with Coach Marrone but in my opinion its amazing the job he has done in terms of getting commits considering all the damage that GRob did on the recruiting front. We are going to be in great shape two years down the road.

The 2013 recruiting board is up and the coaching staff is way ahead of schedule. I know a lot of people are disappointed with Coach Marrone but in my opinion its amazing the job he has done in terms of getting commits considering all the damage that GRob did on the recruiting front. We are going to be in great shape two years down the road.

I'm surprised by the amazing job Grob did in terms of getting commitments considering his record here.

Sent from my DROIDX

has not been affected by the recent losses. We are done recruiting the Class of 2012. There are some commits that haven't been reported yet. Surprised the premium sites haven't got a hold of who they are. Doug essentially said the same thing a couple of weeks ago.

I'd say that all but closes the door on the 2 big time linebacker recruits - Neal and Rippy - which sucks.

We badly need another blue chip RB propsect imho unless they consider McFarlane to be that player. I'd really like for Akeel Lynch to be in the fold or at least the Morris kid out of Georgia, who's film I loved by the way.

Lets hope the 'lack of premium news' isn't because the kids aren't newsworthy - you know 'under the radar'.

My guess would be DB Morgan, TE Thompson and C Scelfo; I thought there were 4 spots open so I'd take Neal/Rippy and Lynch/Morris to fill the 4th.

I'd say that all but closes the door on the 2 big time linebacker recruits - Neal and Rippy - which sucks.

We badly need another blue chip RB propsect imho unless they consider McFarlane to be that player. I'd really like for Akeel Lynch to be in the fold or at least the Morris kid out of Georgia, who's film I loved by the way.

Lets hope the 'lack of premium news' isn't because the kids aren't newsworthy - you know 'under the radar'.

My guess would be DB Morgan, TE Thompson and C Scelfo; I thought there were 4 spots open so I'd take Neal/Rippy and Lynch/Morris to fill the 4th.

Rippy more or less quoted a top 8 over on Rivals and SU wasn't in it. So I think it's fair to say he's out.

Neal may be one of the silents for all we know, he's consistently been high on 'Cuse, along with Ron Thompson, Morgan and Scelfo. I wouldn't be shocked at all if those were the final 4.

I guess Abner Logan is still a a possibility but haven't heard much from that direction in a while. I wonder if anything happens with Perkins? I have to think that RB's would be Perkins/Lynch/Morris in that order. That would make the number 5 though - which it may actually. Too much smoke and mirrors lol!

SU has been mentioned with LB recruits far too much over the past few months for me to think that there isn't one more to expect for this class. RB likewise.

Rippy more or less quoted a top 8 over on Rivals and SU wasn't in it. So I think it's fair to say he's out.

Neal may be one of the silents for all we know, he's consistently been high on 'Cuse, along with Ron Thompson, Morgan and Scelfo. I wouldn't be shocked at all if those were the final 4.

I guess Abner Logan is still a a possibility but haven't heard much from that direction in a while. I wonder if anything happens with Perkins? I have to think that RB's would be Perkins/Lynch/Morris in that order. That would make the number 5 though - which it may actually. Too much smoke and mirrors lol!

SU has been mentioned with LB recruits far too much over the past few months for me to think that there isn't one more to expect for this class. RB likewise.

Rivals is reporting tonight that Morris has a top two.

Abner Logan still has us in his top 5.

I think those top three are SU and FIU and ECU. He got an offer from Utah this afternoon.

Well, we can at least confirm from that we are still in play for a RB.

I don't take Marrone's comment to necessarily mean we have silents in the fold - I think it moreso means we've identified who we want for the remainder of the class and it's just a case of closing on them now. Too many kids still visiting in December that are uncommitted to think that were are truly at the point of putting pen to paper for the entire class.

Well, we can at least confirm from that we are still in play for a RB.

I don't take Marrone's comment to necessarily mean we have silents in the fold - I think it moreso means we've identified who we want for the remainder of the class and it's just a case of closing on them now. Too many kids still visiting in December that are uncommitted to think that were are truly at the point of putting pen to paper for the entire class.

There are commitments that haven't been announced yet. Marrone's exact words from the luncheon.

There are commitments that haven't been announced yet. Marrone's exact words from the luncheon.
My understanding is we have 2 or so open spots...but I wonder if 1-2 kids get asked to greyshirt and maybe room for 1 or 2 more studs...so 3-4 spots then.

If there are commits that haven't been announced so be it, I'm sure there are if that's what Marrone said. I just don't how the class being full reconciles with 3-5 uncommitted kids visiting in December. Unless we're talking grayshirt, non-qualifier backfills, moreso "creative" recruiting.

If there are commits that haven't been announced so be it, I'm sure there are if that's what Marrone said. I just don't how the class being full reconciles with 3-5 uncommitted kids visiting in December. Unless we're talking grayshirt, non-qualifier backfills, moreso "creative" recruiting.
Gotta bring in everyone who wanted to visit. Spots might open up, decommits, etc.

Wonder if the PSU mess influences Lynch's direction. Morris would be a a nice get, very much an under the radar type. If we got Morgan, Thompson, Neal/Logan and/or Scelfo, we'd end up with a decent class. Add a Lynch or Morris, we can put a cherry on top. Still would like to see a SDE type, but maybe Brantley's the answer there.

This could be huge in Lynch's recruitment.

Heard that Thompson committed already

Heard that Thompson committed already

Would LOVE that. That will really help in wake of Provo's absence. I am going to try and make it to PJs Luncheon the Monday after thanksgiving as my flight back to NC will be that night. I'll be in the area so hopefully I'll be there. It would be nice to meet some ppl off the board!

http://syracuse.At their request, t...ked from this site./a.z?s=185&p=9&c=8&yr=2012

BOOM

Odd, it refers to Adkins as the OC in the 247sports article.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom