Coach says recruiting | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Coach says recruiting

I'm surprised by the amazing job Grob did in terms of getting commitments considering his record here.

Sent from my DROIDX

You mean Tony Fiammetta, Arther Jones, Jameel McClain and guys like that?

Oops.

Oops.

No. When did P come into the discussion? It's too bad P didn't recruit anyone for 3 straight classes, he may still be here.

No. When did P come into the discussion? It's too bad P didn't recruit anyone for 3 straight classes, he may still be here.

Look at OPA, out of nowhere, launching pre emptive strikes just in case. Normally I like that kind of stuff, but that one was out of left field. Would almost make you think he enjoyed the outcome this weekend.

We had a fullback picked in the 7th round of the NFL draft. How was our offense not better?

Oops.

BTW, Carter, Hogue and Williams.

Look at OPA, out of nowhere, launching pre emptive strikes just in case. Normally I like that kind of stuff, but that one was out of left field. Would almost make you think he enjoyed the outcome this weekend.

We had a fullback picked in the 7th round of the NFL draft. How was our offense not better?

Actually, the discussion was focused on Greg Robinson's recruiting success, right?

Pretty much a stretch don't you think - tethering my discussion of Robinson with my desired outcome for last Saturday?

Do you want to believe that I was rooting for UConn Chip? Would that make you feel good for some reason? Were you at the Rent on Saturday sitting in the SU section?

And while I'm posing questions to my distinguished fellow poster, since when do you "normally like" anything I post???
That might be the most surprising sentence in your post!!

Oh yes.

For Williams, I think you have to give it to Mike Hopkins, right?

No, unless you want to give almost every recruit to someone else. Many recruits are tipped off to a staff by someone else whether it be a parent sending video, a HS coach, a fan that see's a kid play, or even a basketball coach telling a football coach about a player they saw. Hopkins didn't recruit, sell and close on Williams. You get an A for effort though. :)

Actually, the discussion was focused on Greg Robinson's recruiting success, right?

Pretty much a stretch don't you think - tethering my discussion of Robinson with my desired outcome for last Saturday?

Do you want to believe that I was rooting for UConn Chip? Would that make you feel good for some reason? Were you at the Rent on Saturday sitting in the SU section?

And while I'm posing questions to my distinguished fellow poster, since when do you "normally like" anything I post???

I will vouch for you rooting for SU Saturday (although our good luck greeting didn't work), but I think you misunderstood my post. Someone comment that they were surprised Marrone could get commits because of GRob. I simply stated that it is surprising that GRob could get commits considering his record. I mean he is the one that was in the middle of the 2-10 records. So it is pretty surprising that he was able to pull in the classes and kids he did which weren't any worse than the ones we are getting now. Wasn't real difficult of a statement to make and pretty obvious.

I will vouch for you rooting for SU Saturday (although our good luck greeting didn't work), but I think you misunderstood my post. Someone comment that they were surprised Marrone could get commits because of GRob. I simply stated that it is surprising that GRob could get commits considering his record. I mean he is the one that was in the middle of the 2-10 records. So it is pretty surprising that he was able to pull in the classes and kids he did which weren't any worse than the ones we are getting now. Wasn't real difficult of a statement to make and pretty obvious.
GRob was kind of like UGA's Richt in that sense. Compared to their success on the field, they're recruiting was pretty good all things considered.

I know.

I was just having fun with you. I like Greg Robinson a lot - wanted him to succeed. His failure or at the least the gigantic depth of his failure still amazes me.

Sorry our pre-game thing didn't work this time.

The last quarter was really painful and I hated the entire "Rent" game experience - wanted to somehow remove that god awful "DJ Johnny Franchise" and the sideline reporter and her "analysis" of the game.

I like Greg Robinson a lot - wanted him to succeed. His failure or at the least the gigantic depth of his failure still amazes me.

gosh, you really are not a very good talent evaluator, are you? I said GROB would be a bust. I also see no real talent in marrone.

You should keep your post re: depth of failures amazing you and then you can just paste it into a message next yr re: marrone.

Oh please, I've liked some of your posts. I even have a like button to prove it, look them up.

I said I normally like pre-emptive attacks, I find them funny. I was just surprised to see it coming from you. But now I see you were just messing with bees, which I also like. You're not usually the messing with type, good for you to step out.

I'm sure you were rooting for SU. I was being a little sarcastic. I'm not worried if you missed it though, or anyone else did. I'll keep working at it regardless. Can't give up on dreams.

I agree... I may have been late to realize that Marrone will not work out here but I am still light years ahead of many... Not saying much I know, but if 7-5 in the worst conference ever created is what people aspire to be then so be it. We may not even get there this year. Last time I checked there is a reason guy is getting paid 7 figures to coach a game.. WIns bring in money!!!! I don't see what is hard to understand here, lets pay a guy $1,000,000 a year and then not hold him up to the same standards that most business owners would hold the average joe up against for far less pay. Here is the standard, meet it or we will hire someone that can. If Marrone worked for me, he would be shown the door, company men are a thing of the past..

The University also needs to invest on the program, they have to stop Mickey Mousing around, raise the money, go find it, If Gross can't find somebody that can. The complacency is unreal.

Syracuse needs a coach that can recruit, coach and excite the fan base, and a coach that can score points.. Year 3 people, Year 3. Company man or not he is failing. He may be average but who wants that when you can find great

the manley expansion worked out much better than expected.S.U. is going to finish that wing before a new facility will be built.

it is still in the works

Accurate.

gosh, you really are not a very good talent evaluator, are you? I said GROB would be a bust. I also see no real talent in marrone.

You should keep your post re: depth of failures amazing you and then you can just paste it into a message next yr re: marrone.

You're still around?

You're a genius, so much smarter than everyone else.

I agree... I may have been late to realize that Marrone will not work out here but I am still light years ahead of many... Not saying much I know, but if 7-5 in the worst conference ever created is what people aspire to be then so be it. We may not even get there this year. Last time I checked there is a reason guy is getting paid 7 figures to coach a game.. WIns bring in money!!!! I don't see what is hard to understand here, lets pay a guy $1,000,000 a year and then not hold him up to the same standards that most business owners would hold the average joe up against for far less pay. Here is the standard, meet it or we will hire someone that can. If Marrone worked for me, he would be shown the door, company men are a thing of the past..

The University also needs to invest on the program, they have to stop Mickey Mousing around, raise the money, go find it, If Gross can't find somebody that can. The complacency is unreal.

Syracuse needs a coach that can recruit, coach and excite the fan base, and a coach that can score points.. Year 3 people, Year 3. Company man or not he is failing. He may be average but who wants that when you can find great

Good for you being so far ahead of everyone else. You have your opinion and that is certainly your right. But do you really need to say you are "lights years ahead" of everyone else? Are you really Nostradamus? I love how you tout those who disagree with your assessment as happy with a peak of 7-5. Everyone wants us to be a big time program again but that takes time (yes, even beyond "year three people, year 3" like none of us realize it is year three). No one is complacent, but you don't go from worst to first quickly (and yes, before you say year three people again, I do consider year three to be in the beginning portion of Marrone's tenure). We have three tough to digest losses admittedly. No sugarcoating them, they were bad losses (although you can look at Louisville as a tough team, other two losses were more brutal in my opinion). The "standard" as you define it does not just happen, it takes time to reach. We had a good year last year (even if some attempt to now retroactively devalue it to suit their "Marrone must go" arguments. If we can get back to a bowl again this year (admittedly a big if), then this year was ok, not great. If we miss out then, yes, it is a disappointment and next year becomes much more of a defining year for Marrone. The rebuilding process is just that, a process. While I realize that Marrone is not the genius of your Mike Leach, he is a good football coach. He has gotten us out of the gutter but still needs to take the more difficult to achieve step of making us a top program. We have not been a top program if ages so it will take a while to get there. If you are right and it gets proven out that Marrone wasn't the guy to make us a powerhouse then fine. I would be the first to admit I am wrong and you and Saint Tristan bask in the glory of all your "I told you so, I am smarter than you" posts that you are apt to make.

Let's see--who were the other widely-discussed options when the Marrone hire was made? Turner Gill, Skip Holtz, Randy Edsall, maybe even Mike Locksley. Be careful what you wish for.

the manley expansion worked out much better than expected.S.U. is going to finish that wing before a new facility will be built.

it is still in the works
Please excuse my ignorance... What exactly is the Manley expansion?

Let's see--who were the other widely-discussed options when the Marrone hire was made? Turner Gill, Skip Holtz, Randy Edsall, maybe even Mike Locksley. Be careful what you wish for.

LEACH!

Converting Manley Fieldhouse from a basketball arena into an indoor football field.

Converting Manley Fieldhouse from a basketball arena into an indoor football field.
it's what happens to you when the dance team dances

or in chip's case, when the football team stretches

Maybe you can get one of the great Wake Forest coaches you hype up. You still think there better then anyone on the USC stff still? lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom