Votes: 73 54.5%
  • His terms

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • Gets a pass this season (Covid)

Votes: 34 25.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we thought we did. We brought in a couple of guys last year that I think they believed would be ready for back up minutes this year. And maybe we did but the coach not playing them is a different story.
Exactly. For me the issue isn’t that Sidibe got hurt- he’s feeble & has gotten injured before. The issue is that there was no backup plan other then to play Marek at the 5.
That plan smacks of desperation and lack of forethought. And for JB to seriously believe that that was a viable option, is coaching malpractice. It’s bad enough he refuses to play the backups and let them gain PT experience, even in spots. But he’s wedded to that dumb experiment & seems flabbergasted that it hasn’t worked. JMHO

Last edited:
Well those results were a lot different then I expected.

We don’t have a single guard recruit coming in next year. How’s that even possible? We know the reason of course, but still.
Joe and Buddy til I die.

People may want to be careful what they wish for. Starting to feel like a Coach P scenario. JB can stay as long as he wants in my book.

People may want to be careful what they wish for. Starting to feel like a Coach P scenario. JB can stay as long as he wants in my book.
Careful what they wish for? This isn't the football program and we are still considered one of the top basketball schools on many different metrics so throw that comparison out the window. Im not saying we will be better and I'm not even saying I want JB gone...but its not crazy to think a younger up and coming coach could inject a little more life into our program thats been pretty stale. Benny is a fantastic recruit but our issues are deeper then that. Again, there's no right or wrong answer here but its clear we need to make some changes. What those changes are is the million(s) dollar question.

Careful what they wish for? This isn't the football program and we are still considered one of the top basketball schools on many different metrics so throw that comparison out the window. Im not saying we will be better and I'm not even saying I want JB gone...but its not crazy to think a younger up and coming coach could inject a little more life into our program thats been pretty stale. Benny is a fantastic recruit but our issues are deeper then that. Again, there's no right or wrong answer here but its clear we need to make some changes. What those changes are is the million(s) dollar question.
Your book midst come with coloring crayons cause SU bb is not reality

JB has a floor. He’s not going to field a team that’s going to be much worse than .500 in conference play.

Given our recruiting, he also has a ceiling. Hard to see us being much better than, say, 12-8 in conference play, and maybe a #7 or #8 seed in the tourney.

It’s not the end of the world, many programs would be fine with that.

Next coach could definitely we worse, no one with any sense wouldn’t know that.

JB has a floor. He’s not going to field a team that’s going to be much worse than .500 in conference play.

Given our recruiting, he also has a ceiling. Hard to see us being much better than, say, 12-8 in conference play, and maybe a #7 or #8 seed in the tourney.

It’s not the end of the world, many programs would be fine with that.

Next coach could definitely we worse, no one with any sense wouldn’t know that.

Nothing wrong with this realistic take. That last sentence is the big one around here though. You may be giving too much credit to this board.

The guy that played at the end of last season would have made a big difference. we wouldn't get killed on the boards and it would give us more more player. it can be the difference between winning games and losing games. 1 or 2 games would make things look a little different right now. We have just been out matched and manhandled in some games and that might not have happened with a actual center on the floor.

Finally, stop picking your nose on national TV! It hurts recruiting more than the zone defense.

I'm not sure ignoring a problem because you're afraid it will get worse is the best solution.
The HC is 76 years old.
The program is irrelevant nationally.
We are textbook medicore.
So because that medicore COULD be worse off just continue the status quo.

Yeah that is stupid.
It sucks because I believe the main reason he is still coaching is to be around son.
The status quo isn’t working and JB doesn’t care to change much because he knows the floor.

This isn't comparable to Coach P IMO. I wasn't a huge SU follower back then, but from what I've heard/read SU stopped investing in the football program which made it a lot tougher for P to recruit the talent he needed to win.

JB is underachieving given what SU invests in the hoops program IMO.

This isn't comparable to Coach P IMO. I wasn't a huge SU follower back then, but from what I've heard/read SU stopped investing in the football program which made it a lot tougher for P to recruit the talent he needed to win.

JB is underachieving given what SU invests in the hoops program IMO.
You are correct sir.

Coach P was a loyal soldier. He was dealing with pathetic, outdated infrastructure. He also dealt with his longtime AD and Chancellor both retiring and the new AD wanting his own new shiny HC.

It’s nothing like JB at ALL.

How about that he lost his starting center 4 minutes in to the season. There is no doubt a healthy Sidibe would have made a big difference.
I had high hopes for Sidibe as well!

what would you have needed to see from him in term of POV and rpg to have high hopes for the season from him?

Who would’ve sat for those 25 to 30 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors