Votes: 73 54.5%
  • His terms

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • Gets a pass this season (Covid)

Votes: 34 25.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as the next dude doesn’t play a freaking 2/3 “one hand tied behind your back” defense .. I’ll be ok with it .. within reason.

Not just my opinion it's fact. Just think bout it. Hopkins finishing last last year and likely this year at UW, and probably near bottom next year at UW of the Pac 12 won't matter.
Every comment in this thread is likely to be opinion unless proven otherwise.

Hop left in 2017. While JB still had one year to go.

Would it shock you to know that JB tried to talk Hop into staying.

When Hop got the offer from UW, he was really conflicted, and he went over to JB's house to talk about it (since they lived across the street from each other).

JB tried to convince Hop to stay in Syracuse and take over the following year.

At the end of the day, Hop chose to be closer to his ailing father with an opportunity to coach in his father's hometown of Seattle. Even if Wildhack fired JB on the spot and named Hop the new HC in April 2017, it wouldn't have made a difference.

I will never fault a guy for choosing family over alma mater.

What happens in 2022 or 2023 is anybody's guess. As long as Hop is still concerned about his dad, he might not want to leave the West Coast.

A lot can happen in 1-2 years.

I think -- based upon how some post -- that there is a prevalent misconception that Hop was forced out or left because he was informed by JB that JB wasn't leaving. And that the ire of some posters is tied to that misconception.

In actuality, Hop got a PAC-12 job and jumped at the opportunity. And that in turn changes things with the pre-defined succession plan, and here we are.

Not just my opinion it's fact. Just think bout it. Hopkins finishing last last year and likely this year at UW, and probably near bottom next year at UW of the Pac 12 won't matter.
Yes, it is your opinion.

No, it is NOT a fact.

How can someone your age not know the difference?

I like Hop, I support Hop, I think Hop is a good coach, and I don’t think he’ll be fired. That said, if he gets fired, you’re saying what’s not good enough for Washington basketball is good enough for us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom