CoachDMustStay.com... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

CoachDMustStay.com...

"CoachDMustStay.com..."​

and while you're there please click my link at the bottom of the screen...
GLOBALWARMINGNOTALLBAD.COM.

the 10-3 wasnt a miracle though schedule broke right
10-3 in ACC actually bore some similarities in that it was a "down" year for ACC in general. When that happens...2021 appears very similar type season in ACC...yes, it's early, but very hard to say this is a banner year for ACC, looks like bad year...when this happens, you got to take advantage. Eric did.

The difference with Dungey vs Schrader. Both likable players. Fun to watch. Eric Dungey.. Great runner, solid passer and that Brett Favre gunslinger/magician factor. Schrader is a very good runner...outstanding runner. Tim Tebow like in running ability. But the passing is nowhere near Dungey. Really not close there.

For sure, but that is why we have to take the games for more than just wins and losses. Are we competing with FSU on the road and undefeated Wake team? Yes. With a solid Liberty team with an NFL QB? Yes.

Again, I'm saying we're on the right track, even if we aren't where we want to be as quickly as we'd all like. The signs are more positive than negative, imo.
I totally disagree, if you keep losing games you could win you are no way on the right track. This is a recurring pattern under DB.
DB is sixty and after six years we are still not even playing 500 ball, my opinion is we should cut him ASAP and get a younger head coach with upside. I see no potential other than the rare flash in the pan with DB. Keep doing the same things that are not working is the definition of insanity.

I totally disagree, if you keep losing games you could win you are no way on the right track. This is a recurring pattern under DB.
DB is sixty and after six years we are still not even playing 500 ball, my opinion is we should cut him ASAP and get a younger head coach with upside. I see no potential other than the rare flash in the pan with DB. Keep doing the same things that are not working is the definition of insanity.

That's cool, we disagree.

Maybe he gets fired, I dunno. I just don't think that younger coach (which I get, btw) is out there that we all want and can be successful here. Especially if it puts any of our top talent in jeopardy with the portal. There is zero chance Sean Tucker isn't being recruited right now.

OK Post McNabb, which is basically 25 years ago. don't remember anyone complaining about recruiting in 1959 either. Talking about since the program has been in decline over the modern era, which is now 25 years. That said, I am sure Joe from Mattydale was still not happy in 1995.

Also talking about since we have been posting here, the recruiting game isn't even close to being the same that it was 30 years ago
Well, in that time frame they have a point, imo. With few exceptions, it's been pretty bad.

You and I have long disagreed on what is context and what are merely excuses. That's OK and I certainly respect your view. I feel that reasonable context should be applied, particularly when the other factors make it an otherwise close call. However, I don't feel that it should be dragged out every year and over a long period to explain annual underperformance.

When should he have been fired? In a non-Covid year, he should have been gone at the end of last season. But it was a Covid year and mind you, I am not cutting Dino slack for it being a Covid year. Everyone had that burden to deal with, including every one of the 10 teams who beat us. Rather, I am cutting SU slack simply because they had far bigger fish to fry during the depths of the pandemic. The last thing the University needed was to deal with a football coach.

This year? I feel he needs 6 wins plus a bowl win or a 7 win regular season. 6 wins, a bowl, and a bowl loss probably keeps him safe but let's look at the context beneath that glossy exterior. 6 wins and a bowl loss would be only one winning season in 6 years. It would mean a regular season where we went only 3-5 in the ACC and 3-6 vs P5 competition. You can also pile that onto the totals vs the AC and P5 from my earlier post. That's some pretty ugly context.

It would not surprise me if he were retained with a 5-7 record, but I wouldn't be happy about it. On the other hand, I'm a CNY native and an undergrad and grad alumnus of SU so it isn't like I'm going anywhere else. I only have one SU.
To me if we throw out 2020 as an exception, that means improvement is based on 2019 when we were 5 and 7.

It then becomes really easy to evaluate numerically - 6 wins and a bowl appearance is improvement.

If we land at 5 again it's harder and relies on some statistical measures on how we're performing on the different sides of the ball, and squishy stuff like how we think we "look."

10-3 in ACC actually bore some similarities in that it was a "down" year for ACC in general. When that happens...2021 appears very similar type season in ACC...yes, it's early, but very hard to say this is a banner year for ACC, looks like bad year...when this happens, you got to take advantage. Eric did.

The difference with Dungey vs Schrader. Both likable players. Fun to watch. Eric Dungey.. Great runner, solid passer and that Brett Favre gunslinger/magician factor. Schrader is a very good runner...outstanding runner. Tim Tebow like in running ability. But the passing is nowhere near Dungey. Really not close there.
2018 ACC was heavy at the top and down everywhere else (we were a clear #2, IMO). 2021 ACC is heavy at the top with a lot of good to mediocre teams and no bad teams.

clear difference IMO

Other than Shrader and Devito I don’t think we really know what we have in the QB stable. Probably won’t know what Lamson or McPhail have until next season. Probably won’t know how far Morgan or Tex have developed until next season.
I still am surprised how many QBs are on the roster. But maybe that is normal for all schools? Seems unlikely all will ever get a starting job. I'd probably just play somewhere I can play (lower level school). It comes back, I guess, to whether it's better to be on a roster at a P5 school or actually play.

Wildhack is going to have to swallow long and hard to keep Dino if he doesn't get to 6-6 and a bowl. With the serious issue's that have happened in other programs on his watch, if he keeps Dino and things go sideways next year, he's toast.

You are a legend.
This was a common folk saying before wokism. I must be more woke minded when I post here at Woke Florist U fan site. On the other hand, he is very handsome.

You and I have long disagreed on what is context and what are merely excuses. That's OK and I certainly respect your view. I feel that reasonable context should be applied, particularly when the other factors make it an otherwise close call. However, I don't feel that it should be dragged out every year and over a long period to explain annual underperformance.

When should he have been fired? In a non-Covid year, he should have been gone at the end of last season. But it was a Covid year and mind you, I am not cutting Dino slack for it being a Covid year. Everyone had that burden to deal with, including every one of the 10 teams who beat us. Rather, I am cutting SU slack simply because they had far bigger fish to fry during the depths of the pandemic. The last thing the University needed was to deal with a football coach.

This year? I feel he needs 6 wins plus a bowl win or a 7 win regular season. 6 wins, a bowl, and a bowl loss probably keeps him safe but let's look at the context beneath that glossy exterior. 6 wins and a bowl loss would be only one winning season in 6 years. It would mean a regular season where we went only 3-5 in the ACC and 3-6 vs P5 competition. You can also pile that onto the totals vs the AC and P5 from my earlier post. That's some pretty ugly context.

It would not surprise me if he were retained with a 5-7 record, but I wouldn't be happy about it. On the other hand, I'm a CNY native and an undergrad and grad alumnus of SU so it isn't like I'm going anywhere else. I only have one SU.
You had me until the bit about overall record. It’s the kind of thing that gets divorced from the “why” in a way that starts to a little too abstract. I agree that it can be useful in answering the question “can he get it done moving forward” but only when weighted properly (not everyone attempts this, but it’s key).

If the reasons (or excuses in your parlance) for our record and place in the ACC are external to the coach, *you must* factor that in or be doomed to have the same problem with the next coach. And the one after. (Unless you solve those things, or try to. Wildhack has checked some of those things off, thankfully.)

I happen to agree that 5-7 wins is enough to keep him another season. I obviously prefer the momentum of more wins, a bowl, etc - as that can roll into the next year.

As a CNY native and alumnus, I agree. There’s only Orange.

The way you worded that is absolutely not a common folk saying.
Well, what I mean is if he keeps DB and things go sideways, he will have to eat some god awful crow and to eat crow you have to fight the gag reflex because it's so bad, so bad you could choke to death from it.

To me if we throw out 2020 as an exception, that means improvement is based on 2019 when we were 5 and 7.

It then becomes really easy to evaluate numerically - 6 wins and a bowl appearance is improvement.

If we land at 5 again it's harder and relies on some statistical measures on how we're performing on the different sides of the ball, and squishy stuff like how we think we "look."
Throwing it out is foolish. Only teams with 0-11 or 1-10 records call for seasons to be "thrown out". Noticed Alabama did not throw it out. The games were lost to teams that also dealt with covid.

IMO, this is part of the problem. Not just in sports. In society. It is a losers lament. Everyone is a victim. You are never to blame. It is someone elses fault. It is not a persons fault they decided to not get educated and now don't have job skills for a modern technological economy. Someone else is to blame. Not them. They are a victim!

When fan bases get used to losing the fingers get pointed at covid, injuries, refs, the league office. Everywhere except where problem is.

Unfortunately, that means the football problems...the real problems...are not addressed. It allows some to vent. Accomplishes nothing.

Last edited:
Throwing it out is foolish. Only teams with 0-11 or 1-10 records call for seasons to be "thrown out". The games were lost to teams that also dealt with covid.

IMO, this is part of the problem. Not just in sports. In society. Everyone is a victim. When fan bases get used to losing the fingers get pointed at covid, injuries, refs, the league office. Everywhere except where problem is.

Unfortunately, that means the football problems...the real problems...are not addressed. It allows some to vent. Accomplishes nothing.

Exhausting Mr. Miller

Throwing it out is foolish. Only teams with 0-11 or 1-10 records call for seasons to be "thrown out". The games were lost to teams that also dealt with covid.

IMO, this is part of the problem. Not just in sports. In society. Everyone is a victim. When fan bases get used to losing the fingers get pointed at covid, injuries, refs, the league office. Everywhere except where problem is.
Yea those whiny fan bases, using the worst Pandemic in US history as an excuse, in reality an impossible variable for a program to combat and that clearly affected some programs much worse then others.

Yea those whiny fan bases, using the worst Pandemic in US history as an excuse, in reality an impossible variable for a program to combat and that clearly affected some programs much worse then others.
Same for everyone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom