Coaches on the Road...or in the Air 2024 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Coaches on the Road...or in the Air 2024

I coached Matty in Hoops and he got an offer in early Dec. Syracuse isn’t really in contention with most high-level athletes at this school, yet!
FIFY

I coached Matty in Hoops and he got an offer in early Dec. Syracuse isn’t really in contention with most high-level athletes at this school.
Why not?

Why not?
Brunswick is a HS that acts like a pseudo boarding school that recruits for football. The big-timers tend to me OL/DL with the occassional star skill position kid (Johnson, the Michigan WR who just delcared is an alum).

Lacrosse mirrors much of Fairfield County in that the dream school are UVA/Duke/Notre Dame and then select IVYs, which mirror a lot of the residents. The somewhat disappointing thing is that there are a few Cuse Lax great who live here who have Top 15 kids (Colsey, Pokorny) that never considered SU.

We did just get Bear Andersen on LAX...and of course, he's not a native Greenwich guy.

It appears as though there is no recruiting dead weight with this program. If you agree to join Fran's staff, you might be flying over laurels but you won't be resting on them...Fran's attitude toward assistants is refreshing. He does not exert suffocating control. He allows media access to them. And by all indications he is most interested in assistants who are ambitious and driven and regard themselves as on the way to their own head coaching or coordinator jobs- the mark of a head coach who is secure in his own abilities and who understands that the success of those working under him is a force multiplier.

Take a deep breath...that is very fresh air!

Our coaches’ pointing fingers are getting a workout.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom