Coaching Carousel 2018 sponsored by Chris Ash | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Coaching Carousel 2018 sponsored by Chris Ash

He is the best recruiter in the country. The calculus would seem to be that whatever other issues he may have will be overcome by the talent he brings in. If he gets the MD job, it will be far tougher getting kids out of the DMV.

How'd that workout elevating Kood Kid to OC because he could recruit.

Sounds like he received some other phone calls...

Attachments

• 43F1AD64-9D63-409E-9E57-AAFFBF7298E6.jpeg
    43F1AD64-9D63-409E-9E57-AAFFBF7298E6.jpeg
    231 KB · Views: 121
How'd that workout elevating Kood Kid to OC because he could recruit.

Where did I say it would work out for them? I can understand it. It's the James Franklin plan but with more holes. The only thing I know for sure is that this hire won't help us in getting talent out of that area.

Id hire this guy to run an offense any day of the week. Straight out of Mattydale in the early 80's. I bet he has 3 pairs of roller skates and listens to nothing but George Tgood and Ted Nugent

And a surf board

He is the best recruiter in the country. The calculus would seem to be that whatever other issues he may have will be overcome by the talent he brings in. If he gets the MD job, it will be far tougher getting kids out of the DMV.
Perhaps true, but, we also weren't getting those 5 star kids out of the DMV anyway, apologies to Ed Hendrix. All I know is the guy was a disaster at New Mexico and not just in the wins and losses department. Not sure he will be able to make MD a winner in the B10 east, regardless of talent. Does having Tua and Bama's OL make you an amazing offensive guru? Not sure. Seems that a lot of coaches have been successful working alongside Saban. Is he that good of a teacher, because Locksley has struggled a ton when not simply working as a recruiter.

Sounds like he received some other phone calls...

I love how he conveys it as deserving a coach who is 100% committed to them. Their pay is probably not substantially more than JMU and Charlotte is never getting a coach that is 100% committed to that job. lol

I wouldn't have burned the bridge if I was them. Houston could have come back around in the next week if other (better) offers didn't work out

Perhaps true, but, we also weren't getting those 5 star kids out of the DMV anyway, apologies to Ed Hendrix. All I know is the guy was a disaster at New Mexico and not just in the wins and losses department. Not sure he will be able to make MD a winner in the B10 east, regardless of talent. Does having Tua and Bama's OL make you an amazing offensive guru? Not sure. Seems that a lot of coaches have been successful working alongside Saban. Is he that good of a teacher, because Locksley has struggled a ton when not simply working as a recruiter.

It will probably hurt PSU and SEC schools who like to recruit there worse than us. If he retains Beatty, then VT and UVA will suffer some.

You're both right. No reason to argue about it further.

What am I missing here? When Addazio took over, BC was a mess. They’re now in back to back bowls. Wtfare they expecting?
Love this quote from the article:

"Currently, Addazio sits with a perfect .500 record at BC at 38-38 overall, and 18-30 in ACC play."

I hope he maintains a perfect .500 record for perpetuity.

Lame duck
Brown will be a junior and if Dillon stays healthy, they could have a good year. A couple of years ago I didnt think they were going to stay D1 in football or basketball.

I think the one coach we cannot afford to lose is Nick Monroe. He is killing it on the recruiting trail. If Dino left my hope would be that he would be given an interview for the head coach position.
Head coach? With no coordinator experience? PASS

Brown will be a junior and if Dillon stays healthy, they could have a good year. A couple of years ago I didnt think they were going to stay D1 in football or basketball.
Someone like Dillion who is going to get the ball 30 times a game needs a strong OL to run behind. They graduated a ton of multi year starters, plus lose a ton of the defensive side of the ball. BC should take a pretty big step back. Between them and Louisville to start the preseason in the atlantic basement

Head coach? With no coordinator experience? PASS

I have no clue about Monroe's coaching chops, but this guy's been ok.

images

What he pays his coordinators probably helps.

Someone like Dillion who is going to get the ball 30 times a game needs a strong OL to run behind. They graduated a ton of multi year starters, plus lose a ton of the defensive side of the ball. BC should take a pretty big step back. Between them and Louisville to start the preseason in the atlantic basement
I was thinking that since he has been there for 6 years, he had established a good lineman development program on both sides of the ball. Plus they did lose their OC, could be Dazz's last year unless he coaches he butt off.

I have no clue about Monroe's coaching chops, but this guy's been ok.

images

What he pays his coordinators probably helps.
Swinney was the Assistant HC two years prior and then OC for half the season before taking over. I’m all for giving opportunities to young, unproven coaches but career positional coach with zero origanizational leadership experience is a bit of a stretch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom