Coaching Carousel 2018 sponsored by Chris Ash | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Coaching Carousel 2018 sponsored by Chris Ash

Yeah it has nothing to do with not being a good head coach...
No, but if you hire him, that clip will run on social media and people on the board and in academia will make you wish you hadn't.

Liberty isn't just some small christian college. It was founded to be a major university by the richest and most powerful people in evangelical world.

Correct. He'll almost certainly have more money with which to buy recruits than he had at Ol' Miss.

I think they should be part of a newly-created 'Outlaw' conference. Schools and/or coaches with histories of unethical behavior. Let's see...the Ville, Baylor, Liberty, perhaps SMU if my imaginary statute of limitations hasn't run out...who else?

If you actually believe this and I really don’t think you do it’s simply not true.
If it was as bad as you claim Syracuse would have fired him after the game for it.
Shafer isn’t getting consideration because he is a DC and not a HC. Syracuse was stupidly the team that proved this.
I'm not going to go into another protracted defense of Scott. Maybe he has an arrangement at MtSU as the coach in waiting when Stockstil retires.

Correct. He'll almost certainly have more money with which to buy recruits than he had at Ol' Miss.

I think they should be part of a newly-created 'Outlaw' conference. Schools and/or coaches with histories of unethical behavior. Let's see...the Ville, Baylor, Liberty, perhaps SMU if my imaginary statute of limitations hasn't run out...who else?
The SEC is just like the ACC every team breaks the rules, but the powerful ones get away with it.

The ISIS PC would be used way before the Dabo incident. Now Wolfgang stop trolling.
College coaches give more crazy H0T Takes during press conferences than you think is possible.

Is Scott Shafer ever going to get an interview for another HC job?
I mean he has been at MTSU now 3 years shouldn’t he be in contention for MAC jobs?
He hasn’t even been publicly linked with any HC job.

If you knew the answer why ask the question?

Talk about gratuitous bashing

Isn't the SEC full of schools and/or coaches with histories of unethical behavior? I generally agree with your posts but the irony hit me and it vaguely proves Cous' point... (That is scary!) Not that Liberty will get an SEC bid, not happening, but the if the NCAA ever pretended to do their job...

Or maybe he’s a good coordinator but not a good head coach. Which is fine. Nothing wrong with that.

This. What he said. Spot on. SS is a very good defensive coordinator. He may not be HC material, maybe he becomes HC material. SU made the right decision in letting him go, he was DC material, but not HC material.

Ss wont headcoach a d1 school again

Is Scott Shafer ever going to get an interview for another HC job?
I mean he has been at MTSU now 3 years shouldn’t he be in contention for MAC jobs?
He hasn’t even been publicly linked with any HC job.

Hasn't it just been just 2 years that he completed there? He spent a year away after not coaching Md.

Isn't the SEC full of schools and/or coaches with histories of unethical behavior? I generally agree with your posts but the irony hit me and it vaguely proves Cous' point... (That is scary!) Not that Liberty will get an SEC bid, not happening, but the if the NCAA ever pretended to do their job...

You're right. Schools like Arkansas and Miss. State, among others, would deserve membership to that conference. I was thinking more along the lines of those nouveau riche schools who seemingly come out of nowhere. But any school that Petrino coached at should be automatically eligible for membership.

This. What he said. Spot on. SS is a very good defensive coordinator. He may not be HC material, maybe he becomes HC material. SU made the right decision in letting him go, he was DC material, but not HC material.
Cam Newtons father got a hundred grand, but Cam didn't know anything about it, so that was, OK.

Cam Newtons father got a hundred grand, but Cam didn't know anything about it, so that was, OK.

I think you intended to quote my other post. If so, I heard it as $250K was his father's price and Ole Miss/Miss. State (I forget which) refused to pay it. Then Auburn miraculously recruits him. Recall that Cam was dismissed from Florida because he lifted a laptop from a fellow student, which was why he was on the market again.

You kind of prove my point that SEC schools are less than honest and forthright CFB citizens. Finally, to answer you question directly, in my opinion, Cam may not have known what his father received but he surely knew what his father was doing.

That is why he won't get hired, it;s not trolling. It's sad that an emotional outburst during a game has effectivly ended his coaching career.

I really hope you are being sarcastic. If not then this is a demented post even by your standards. He is a terrible head coach, that will end his head coaching career, if it is indeed over

Let’s put this to rest. The SEC wants one team from VA and one from NC to complete the map. They will only take VPI & NCSU or UVa & UNC, in those combinations. No one else is acceptable. No one else need apply.

Let’s put this to rest. The SEC wants one team from VA and one from NC to complete the map. They will only take VPI & NCSU or UVa & UNC, in those combinations. No one else is acceptable. No one else need apply.
I could see them taking WVU and Oklahoma/Oklahoma State as 16 if the Big XII blows up as well.

He’s no Mike Locksley... that’s for sure.

I've been told (this is second or third hand, so take it for what it's worth) that someone who really knows coaching, and is familiar with Shafer, is of the same opinion.

Wherever Lane Kiffin is coaching.

Chris Kleiman goes to Kansas State, replacing Snyder

He’s finally getting his chance after winning 4 National Championships at the Lower level

They say to never follow a legend, let’s see how this works out for K-State

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom