Coaching Carousel | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Coaching Carousel

Cuse can not compete in this world. $4mm for Schiano or Butch? 2 guys no one wants

are they 2 guys that nobody wants? seems they were both at the top of Miami's list as they've been rumored for days.

I can't believe Miami has all that more money to pay than we do either. Syracuse is just cheap.

are they 2 guys that nobody wants? seems they were both at the top of Miami's list as they've been rumored for days.

I can't believe Miami has all that more money to pay than we do either. Syracuse is just cheap.
This!!

That would be huge for them.

There's only so much you can do in the SEC West. He saw what happened to Miles and is pulling the cord himself. Good move. That side of the conference is WIDE open. UNC is the only big revenue school on that side.

FSU, Lville, SU, and Clemson are 4 of the top 5 I believe.

Mullen would be a homerun for Miami, was hoping he was our darkhorse. Rutgers board is saying Schiano passed on UCF to stay in Miami running fwiw

Virginia: Mark Richt will interview for the Virginia head coaching job, according to ESPN’s Mark Schlabach.
http://coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker
Why on earth are we not stalking Richt? He has recruiting streams we have never dreamed of. And if the worse thing G can say about him is that he didn't win a NC with lots of talent, that's a problem I'd love to have here.

We'd sure like to think so. It seems like everyone in our "peer" group has dibs on the coaches we want, though.

Can't be a peer of ours unless they are going to pay under 2.5 and not go after proven coaches.

They seem to know what they want, will pay for it, get it and be beating our asses the next few times we meet at the very least.

Doesn't sound like a peer to me, neither is Va Tech, they just spent $20.5 mil over 6 years on Fuente.

Virginia is in our peer group, right?

nope.

Our peer group...

South Florida
Connecticut
Boise State
Fresno State
Indiana
Syracuse
Temple
East Carolina
Memphis
Houston
Colorado State

Perhaps we should have just stayed behind with the G5 and/or Big East. We're the new Marlins, Pirates, Astros, Rays. Cashing those checks.

nope.

Our peer group...

South Florida
Connecticut
Boise State
Fresno State
Indiana
Syracuse
Temple
East Carolina
Memphis
Houston
Colorado State

Perhaps we should have just stayed behind with the G5 and/or Big East. We're the new Marlins, Pirates, Astros, Rays. Cashing those checks.

South Florida pays their coach $2M/yr. Houston is renegotiating their HC contract and you can expect it will be that much or more. UConn HC makes more than Shafer did. You should remove those teams from your list, we aren't in their peer group.

But, but, but... he's only been a DC, he has no HC experience!

Actually, his forte is DB's. Oh, the irony!

Can't wait to see how much Georgia is paying him. I'm sure we'll get posters defending it with "but, they're in the SEC. They're loaded with cash."

South Florida pays their coach $2M/yr. Houston is renegotiating their HC contract and you can expect it will be that much or more. UConn HC makes more than Shafer did. You should remove those teams from your list, we aren't in their peer group.

i listed the 5 teams above and below syracuse ranked by HC compensation

Toledo just promoted their OC to replace Matt Campbell.