Coaching Carousel | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Coaching Carousel

texascpa said:
South Florida pays their coach $2M/yr. Houston is renegotiating their HC contract and you can expect it will be that much or more. UConn HC makes more than Shafer did. You should remove those teams from your list, we aren't in their peer group.

We offered a guy 1.8-2m. Reportedly there is more to spend for a HC. Our peer group is bottom third of P5/upper G5.

That's a shame, with we'd spend more - but we're not that bad. USF is just under us.

We offered a guy 1.8-2m. Reportedly there is more to spend for a HC. Our peer group is bottom third of P5/upper G5.

That's a shame, with we'd spend more - but we're not that bad. USF is just under us.

I look no further than Iowa State and there offer to Campbell. A coach with experience that should be our starting point offer.

phil77 said:
I look no further than Iowa State and there offer to Campbell. A coach with experience that should be our starting point offer.

I think it is.

Uh oh Schiano left without a chair. Rutgers should tell him to pound sand if he told them to wait

Durkin to Maryland
Ash to Rutgers
Babers to Syracuse
If this is how it transpires..

lmmBt.gif

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

Virginia Tech:
Quick update to Justin Fuente’s staff at VT; as we understand it, Bud Foster will be staying on as defensive coordinator, and on the defensive side of the ball secondary coach Torrian Gray and defensive line coach Charley Wiles will both be retained. On offense, Holman Wiggins (WRs) and James Shibest (TEs / STC) are coming with Fuente from Memphis and we understand that co-offensive coordinator / quarterbacks coach Brad Cornelson will join the Hokies after Memphis’ bowl game, per source.

Interesting...Virginia is not interested in interviewing any coordinators, only people with HC experience:

I don't think the Cal coaches (present and former) are bad at all, ditto with Calhoun. it could be worse for UVA. they could have Chuck Amato on the list ;)

Interesting...Virginia is not interested in interviewing any coordinators, only people with HC experience:

Great move by them. Hopefully we follow suit.