Coaching Carousel | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

Coaching Carousel

Major Applewhite was a QC or grad asst, wasn't he?
He's had several stops at TX, plus Rice, 'Bama, 'Cuse and now Houston. He was the QB coach at SU for one season, back in the dark times.

If I were a Purdue fan, I'd be madder than hell. HS assistant to DC at a P5 school? :crazy:

If I were a Purdue fan, I'd be madder than hell. HS assistant to DC at a P5 school? :crazy:
Apparently, they can't hire anybody. It is a shame.

http://coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker

Cleveland Browns:
Head coach Mike Pettine will be dismissed, according to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, who says owner Jimmy Haslam has made the decision, but has yet to inform the coach. Rapoport also reports the Browns are expected to interview Lions defensive coordinator Teryl Austin and Bears offensive coordinator Adam Gase, and former Bills head coach Doug Marrone will likely be interviewed. Keep track of NFL changes here.

The only man with all five University of Miami national championship rings has been dismissed from his job.

UM Sports Hall of Famer and Miami offensive line coach Art Kehoe, either as a player or coach with the program a total of 31 years and one of, if not the, truest Cane there ever was, has been replaced by former Virginia Tech OL coach Stacy Searels.

Kehoe had a three-hour interview on Wednesday with Mark Richt, and continued talking with him afterward. But in the end, Richt released Kehoe.

Rutgers: NJ Advance Media is reporting that Chris Ash is hiring Rick Mantz as high school relations director. Mantz, NJ.com reports, has served the past two seasons as head coach at Passaic and previously was head coach at South Brunswick and Hillsborough.

I understand with London and all, but, that's pretty shatty if true. Not cool. If you wanted to test the market for the best opportunity then you shouldn't have jumped on one so quickly.

Well, George McD spent about a month or so at Arkansas before leaving for SU. It works both ways.

Frozen said:
Well, George McD spent about a month or so at Arkansas before leaving for SU. It works both ways.

Getting an OC job is a little different though.

Even if you're a terrible OC.

Is the MLB we got a commitment from going to Maryland now?