Coaching hires | Syracusefan.com

Coaching hires

Blaster

2nd String
Any word on final coaching hires or did i miss them already?

We're waiting till after the NFL draft to announce it.
I feel like we've waited until after the regular season, playoffs, super bowl, now draft?

Would be nice to have the new coach involved in spring practice.

I feel like we've waited until after the regular season, playoffs, super bowl, now draft?

Would be nice to have the new coach involved in spring practice.

Haha, I think he was being sarcastic. But it wouldn't surprise me.

I heard now that Schiano is in the league, Coughlin wants out. Can't compete.

Speaking of shady, he was turned down today by the Florida dc to be the bucs dc.

Speaking of shady, he was turned down today by the Florida dc to be the bucs dc.

I have a feeling Shady's staff at Tampa will be filled with guys who are "just happy to be there" so to speak. It's kind of a 2 year stint for most and most aren't in a hurry to make the jump unless it's a step up very little lateral moves I am waiting for GROB to be named as a position coach. This isn't going to go very well for him

I have a feeling Shady's staff at Tampa will be filled with guys who are "just happy to be there" so to speak. It's kind of a 2 year stint for most and most aren't in a hurry to make the jump unless it's a step up very little lateral moves I am waiting for GROB to be named as a position coach. This isn't going to go very well for him
Schiano has a reputation as being very difficult to work for. He struggled greatly to retain his assistants at Rutgers. I agree, he is going to have a hard time getting good people at TB, which is a big reason why he is being forced to hire poorly regarded college coaches there. I think most of his hires are supposed to be announced today. Rutgers fans are on pins and needles.

Link

Schiano has a reputation as being very difficult to work for. He struggled greatly to retain his assistants at Rutgers. I agree, he is going to have a hard time getting good people at TB, which is a big reason why he is being forced to hire poorly regarded college coaches there. I think most of his hires are supposed to be announced today. Rutgers fans are on pins and needles.

Thats all well and good but anything on the SU coaches?

Link

I found this amusing in that article.

"The defensive minded coach's track record at Rutgers is certainly commendable in the sense of building a program."

11 years to get to .500 is not commendable.

I made fun of a poster the other day who said we've got "Rutgers Envy" on this board. But after reading this post, I'm starting to agree with him.

I mean seriously y'all. This thread started with a question about our coaching staff. It gets completely hijacked by admins and veteran posters who only want to talk about Shady, Rutgers and the Tampa Bay Bucs.

Some of you must seriously have a bit of Rutgers Envy. I can't think of any other reason why so many of you want to talk about them so damn much...

I made fun of a poster the other day who said we've got "Rutgers Envy" on this board. But after reading this post, I'm starting to agree with him.

I mean seriously y'all. This thread started with a question about our coaching staff. It gets completely hijacked by admins and veteran posters who only want to talk about Shady, Rutgers and the Tampa Bay Bucs.

Some of you must seriously have a bit of Rutgers Envy. I can't think of any other reason why so many of you want to talk about them so damn much...
1) There is a subtle but important difference between rubbernecking a car crash and being envious.
2) One of the two new hires is a matter of public record. The second hire will be announced shortly. When DM wants to make the identify of the 2nd hire public, that information will appear on this board. End of story.

Just to keep you up to date. The Bucs were denied permission to talk to a GB coach for their OC position. They were also denied permission to speak with McNulty (Cards?) about their WR position. Not sure why they are getting all these denials but Shady is in a tough spot.

It’s been tough going for Schiano building his coaching staff, as Packers tight ends coach Ben McAdoo, Florida defensive coordinator Dan Quinn and Cardinals receivers coach John McNulty have been among the assistants Schiano wanted to bring in but couldn’t.
Schiano is expected to bring in four members of his old Rutgers coaching staff to Tampa Bay: P.J. Fleck (receivers), Bob Fraser (linebackers), Brian Angelichio (tight ends) and Jeff Haley (defensive backs).

Just to keep you up to date. The Bucs were denied permission to talk to a GB coach for their OC position. They were also denied permission to speak with McNulty (Cards?) about their WR position. Not sure why they are getting all these denials but Shady is in a tough spot.
I read somewhere today the popular thinking is that, since TB has a history of denying other teams the chance to interview their assistants, TB is getting a taste of its own medicine.

Schiano hired his former boss, Butch Davis, as a "Senior Defensive Assistant".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom