Coastal in ACC Championship | Syracusefan.com

Coastal in ACC Championship

OrlandoCuse

Living Legend
Coastal team hasn’t won the ACC Championship Game since 2010. In that span the Coastal team has lost by an average of 18 points. Clemson looks to be increasing both streaks tonight.

But they won’t consider realignment....

Really need to just make it two best teams play and get rid of the divisions
You could still keep the natural rivals each year and rotate the rest of the schedule
Can’t do that without an NCAA rule change within D-1A. SEC and B1G voted down 3-5-5, which would have had the 2 best teams play because they were still hoping for the ACC to implode. Maybe they’ll change their minds, especially the B1G after that unappealing matchup in their game.

Put Miami and FSU in the same division. Eliminate the crossover rival. Go to 9 conference games like the B1G. It’s not that difficult.

I like this who would we take over if FSU heads over there. Pitt?

On a side note I've heard some people say that ND deserves to be left out of CFP in favor of Ohio State or Oklahoma because ND is the only team in talk of playoff who didn't play this week I'm a championship game. Even Georgia... They being punished cause they lost a championship game against the best team in the nation while ND just gets a free bye week. If committee does leave them out for that reason then you'd have to imagine that Notre Dame would finally join the ACC. Which would be great for the conference.

I like this who would we take over if FSU heads over there. Pitt?

On a side note I've heard some people say that ND deserves to be left out of CFP in favor of Ohio State or Oklahoma because ND is the only team in talk of playoff who didn't play this week I'm a championship game. Even Georgia... They being punished cause they lost a championship game against the best team in the nation while ND just gets a free bye week. If committee does leave them out for that reason then you'd have to imagine that Notre Dame would finally join the ACC. Which would be great for the conference.
Notre Dame has stated that their independence is more important than making the playoffs.

Notre Dame has stated that their independence is more important than making the playoffs.

Well that's just stupid. They hit the sign as they go out to the tunnel that says Play Like a Champion. Well in order to play like a champion they should want to compete for a championship which is something you can't do if you are stubborn and would rather maintain Independence rather than make playoffs. Literally if they think that way then ND staff and athletic department are going against everything they expect out of their student athletes which is disgraceful. They expect their athletes to play like a champion but the AD won't.

And that would have to hurt from recruiting. Who would want to play for a team that has no chance at a championship. That's the ultimate goal and should be for every team

I think they have made that clear over the past 80 years or so but they would have to take a serious look at joining a conference if being left out multiple times were to happen.

Then they should be made to pay a cost for that independnce. We would then know what was really more important.

Well that's just stupid. They hit the sign as they go out to the tunnel that says Play Like a Champion. Well I'm order to play like a champion they should want to compete for a championship which is something you can't do if you are stubborn and would rather maintain Independence rather than make playoffs. Literally if they think that way then ND staff and athletic department are going against everything that expect out of their student athletes which is disgraceful. They expect their athletes to play like a champion but the AD won't.

And that would have to hurt from recruiting. Who would want to play for a team that has no chance at a championship. That's the ultimate goal and should be for every team
So you're saying they should give up their 100+ years of independence as a school because of a sign?

Then they should be made to pay a cost for that independnce. We would then know what was really more important.
When they don't make the playoffs, that is their penalty.

A system where independents do not at least have an opportunity to play in the playoffs would never ever work. The NCAA and the CFP would find themselves in court or before Congress in the blink of an eye if they were denied a seat at the table.

We already see how hard it is for them to get into the conversation, along with the G5 schools.

There should be some interesting meetings and power plays going on behind the scene's.

So you're saying they should give up their 100+ years of independence as a school because of a sign?

No I'm not saying that. Don't take everything so literal. I'm saying give up independence to achieve the ultimate goal and not be a hypocrite.

No I'm not saying that. Don't take everything so literal. I'm saying give up independence to achieve the ultimate goal and not be a hypocrite.
The ultimate goal for them is not a Championship.

They have stated that from the beginning by setting their priorities, and those being that their independence is far far more important than a Championship in football.

Or would you rather they teach their student body that sticking to your beliefs and core values is worth selling out for a few bucks.

You should probably take a look into ND's history and learn why they are an independent before you casually throw that away for a few bucks and a trophy.

The ultimate goal for them is not a Championship.

They have stated that from the beginning by setting their priorities, and those being that their independence is far far more important than a Championship in football.

Or would you rather they teach their student body that sticking to your beliefs and core values is worth selling out for a few bucks.

You should probably take a look into ND's history and learn why they are an independent before you casually throw that away for a few bucks and a trophy.
Then they shouldn't be upset if their left out of the playoffs.

I think the NCAA should make a rule that you have to be a conference championship in order to qualify for a playoff.

Disagree. I think conference champions and the playoff field are two completely unrelated things. There will be some years when simply two of the most deserving teams are from the same conference.

Then they shouldn't be upset if their left out of the playoffs.
Who said they were upset?

They weren't in it for the past 4 years, did you hear that someone was upset or publicly complained? I haven't heard a peep from anyone.

Put Miami and FSU in the same division. Eliminate the crossover rival. Go to 9 conference games like the B1G. It’s not that difficult.
9 games is NEVER happening.
It’s been explained too many times.
The big dogs Florida State and Clemson need 7 home games every year.
With Florida/South Carolina as annual opponents and Notre Dame every 3 years they can’t play 9 conference games as well and get 7 home games with their nonconference commitments.

The changes to the divisions should be dividing up Virginia and Virginia Tech from the Coastal and dividing up Boston College and Syracuse from the Atlantic.
It would even up geography of the conference.
I would flip Boston College or Syracuse and Virginia Tech as Florida State and Clemson would want the extra tougher game on their schedules annually.
Then make the crossover games VPi-UVa and BC/SU- Pitt

I think the NCAA should make a rule that you have to be a conference championship in order to qualify for a playoff.
Would never happen, ever.

Who said they were upset?

They weren't in it for the past 4 years, did you hear that someone was upset or publicly complained? I haven't heard a peep from anyone.
If they get ousted this year.

9 games is NEVER happening.
It’s been explained too many times.
The big dogs Florida State and Clemson need 7 home games every year.
With Florida/South Carolina as annual opponents and Notre Dame every 3 years they can’t play 9 conference games as well and get 7 home games with their nonconference commitments.

The changes to the divisions should be dividing up Virginia and Virginia Tech from the Coastal and dividing up Boston College and Syracuse from the Atlantic.
It would even up geography of the conference.
I would flip Boston College or Syracuse and Virginia Tech as Florida State and Clemson would want the extra tougher game on their schedules annually.
Then make the crossover games VPi-UVa and BC/SU- Pitt

Swapping out VaTech with Boston College pretty much creates a much tougher division and puts all the patsies in one division. Our division is a juggernaut already without Virginia Tech. Holy Moly.

If they get ousted this year.
Ousted? Not going to happen.

How do you see that playing out on the committee exactly?

Committee Chairman - "Welp, everyone...seeing as how Notre Dame doesn't have a conference championship we must exclude them from consideration. All in favor say aye, those opposed, sit down and shut up." "On to the next order of business, what's for lunch?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom