Cole Swider signs with Heat | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Cole Swider signs with Heat

I think that works to his advantage. If any of those guys…Swidder, Swidner, Sweeder, Cider, etc…get called up to the Lakers, so does he. If he is lucky, maybe several of them will get called up and he will collect double salary.

That explains the "two way contract."

Kidding.

Sorta.

Confidence is such a huge factor for shooters. He lost confidence at Nova when he realized he wasn’t ever going to be a starter/difference maker there. Their system just wasn’t a fit and it sounds like he never really clicked with Gillespie, guards etc on the court. He also mentions his issues with negativity from Nova fans, fans from his hometown, and disappointing their expectations (sadly it sure happens here too) and its’ effect on him. Here’s a 2021 article where he shares about these struggles and transition motives to come to SU.

Man, those quotes about the way the guards are in control at Nova and the types of screens being run for shooters should be framed for every legit wing that can shoot to come to Cuse.

Confidence is such a huge factor for shooters. He lost confidence at Nova when he realized he wasn’t ever going to be a starter/difference maker there. Their system just wasn’t a fit and it sounds like he never really clicked with Gillespie, guards etc on the court. He also mentions his issues with negativity from Nova fans, fans from his hometown, and disappointing their expectations (sadly it sure happens here too) and its’ effect on him. Here’s a 2021 article where he shares about these struggles and transition motives to come to SU.

Thanks for the contribution Brycen.

Have to keep in mind that we’re seeing the outstanding athleticism apparent in the NBA but watching these summer league games isn’t watching NBA offenses nor defenses.
And that he's battling for the last spot and no minutes. Great for him, but he is a last man.

All due respect to Buddy - getting a two way is better than 99.9999% of the world will ever do, he has not made the team.

Ugh, I am losing my mind. Same credit to Cole.

Conflating Buddy and Cole's threads.

Either way, I want to be very clear, to even get this opp is crazy. If Cole even lands as the 15th man, HUGE kudos to him.

Ugh, I am losing my mind. Same credit to Cole.

Conflating Buddy and Cole's threads.

Either way, I want to be very clear, to even get this opp is crazy. If Cole even lands as the 15th man, HUGE kudos to him.

Especially undrafted.

But it's a testimony to his hard work and that one skill he can hang his hat on, that is so important in the modern NBA. And even as a 15th man, he could still be a valuable contributor on the right team, with the right role.

But you are 1000% correct -- just making it to the bigs is MAKING IT. Really pulling for him.

Watching him in these SL games, sure he has his limitations at times but he counters that with effort every single possession. Pair that with elite confidence and focus as a shooter and kid should make it and have a chance to contribute.

If you watch his D down the stretch as well, his hustle altered a shot, he got a key rebound and despite poor defense on the final play his help was good and he hustled his arse off to get out after forcing the kick out.

Cole plays at 11pm tonight on ESPN. Buddy and Jimmy play at 9pm on NBATV.

if he makes the rotation as an undrafted 23 year old, that would be incredible.

Legitimately, incredible.

I wouldn't bet on it, but would root for him. Even sitting the bench on the nba team would be massive.
There were almost 50 guys who weren’t drafted in 2021 who played in the nba last year.

Someone mentioned that Cole Swider started off his last season shooting 3 for 25 fTom 3 pt. Well, if that is true he ended up at 41.+% which implies he shot 45.+% for the rest of his season last year.

so you think Cole is fighting for spot in the regular rotation?
I think they need cheap players who can knock down shots. I’ve watched Lebrun play for many years and a guy like Cole who can catch a pass from and hit a three is a guy Lebron wants.

You’re moving goal posts, you go from saying being the last man to regular rotation, I’m not saying he’s a starter or the 6th or 7th guy, but he’s in a spot where he can have an opportunity.

He’s on a two year deal, the Lakers see something in him.

Someone mentioned that Cole Swider started off his last season shooting 3 for 25 fTom 3 pt. Well, if that is true he ended up at 41.+% which implies he shot 45.+% for the rest of his season last year.
Even better -- he shot 52% from 3 for the last 13 games of the season. He is shooting 57% from 3 through his first 5 summer league games. So for the last 18 games of basketball he's played, he's well over 50% from 3. Showtime Swider is RED HOT!

Even better -- he shot 52% from 3 for the last 13 games of the season. He is shooting 57% from 3 through his first 5 summer league games. So for the last 18 games of basketball he's played, he's well over 50% from 3. Showtime Swider is RED HOT!
He lost his early season tentativeness and realized that he could shoot over 95% of his defenders. He was much more aggressive - his confidence just soared right in front of us and it’s continuing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom