Cole Swider signs with Heat | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Cole Swider signs with Heat

All due respect to Buddy - getting a two way is better than 99.9999% of the world will ever do, he has not made the team.

He's kinda locked in to their G-League team, at a minimum.

Which is more than all the other G-League guys who do not have a 2-way contract can say.

He's kinda locked in to their G-League team, at a minimum.

Which is more than all the other G-League guys who do not have a 2-way contract can say.

Yup, each NBA team only has two 2-way contracts to offer, and not everyone gets a two year deal on them to boot. Not to mention the fact that the salary for a 2-way guy in the G-League is much higher than what other guys are making.

Can't they take guys of 2 way deals at any moment and give them full time contracts?

B83C086D-7E49-4955-A2DA-4083B0CFC914.jpeg

Cole was not the same player early last season as he is now. Might want to check the early season game logs.
Jimmy outplayed him the first half of the season imo, the second half especially towards the end Cole seemingly couldn’t miss, especially the last 3 minutes of the game.

I was pretty harsh on him while he was here, but he’s getting the ball in stride, which didn’t happen here. The floor is much more spaced out, which didn’t happen here. And there is a lot of movement without the ball by his teammates, which didn’t happen here.

For people saying “Syracuse runs a pro style offense”, please stop that narrative, it hasn’t been true for over a decade.

Jimmy outplayed him the first half of the season imo, the second half especially towards the end Cole seemingly couldn’t miss, especially the last 3 minutes of the game.

I was pretty harsh on him while he was here, but he’s getting the ball in stride, which didn’t happen here. The floor is much more spaced out, which didn’t happen here. And there is a lot of movement without the ball by his teammates, which didn’t happen here.

For people saying “Syracuse runs a pro style offense”, please stop that narrative, it hasn’t been true for over a decade.
Syracuse runs a circa 2004 pro offense.

Yeah the champ year, 09-10 , 12-13 and 15-16 we ran a pro style. I mean there were elements like PNR in spots but not a full pro style offense all game.

Cole would have thrived with a legit PG all season. I do think his struggles earlier in part could be 3 years of playing as a 4th or 5th option. He needed to play without hesitation. No doubt proper ball movement and athletes around him makes a huge difference .

Have to keep in mind that we’re seeing the outstanding athleticism apparent in the NBA but watching these summer league games isn’t watching NBA offenses nor defenses.

Yeah the champ year, 09-10 , 12-13 and 15-16 we ran a pro style. I mean there were elements like PNR in spots but not a full pro style offense all game.

Cole would have thrived with a legit PG all season. I do think his struggles earlier in part could be 3 years of playing as a 4th or 5th option. He needed to play without hesitation. No doubt proper ball movement and athletes around him makes a huge difference .
In the first half of the season, Cole hesitated every time he caught the ball and before every shot. He always went for a pump fake first. I said a million times I wish he would just let it rip without hesitation because he's an elite shooter and needs to play like it. Now he's doing that, and the announcers keep commenting "no hesitation by Swider!" I couldn't be happier for him. Extremely nice guy, and will be a great ambassador for the program while in the NBA.

I went down the rabbit hole on Lakers fan twitter, and the fans are calling for Swider to get a full time roster spot. They are really getting behind him. There's a real chance he gets bumped up.

LeBron said to somebody "He's on the team" during a break in the action that got picked up on a hot mic.

LeBron said to somebody "He's on the team" during a break in the action that got picked up on a hot mic.
I saw that video on youtube. I wasn't sure if that's actually what Lebron said or if someone was just hyped up and making a funny video showing Lebron calling the shots. Didn't realize it was a hot mic situation. That's awesome.

Confidence is such a huge factor for shooters. He lost confidence at Nova when he realized he wasn’t ever going to be a starter/difference maker there. Their system just wasn’t a fit and it sounds like he never really clicked with Gillespie, guards etc on the court. He also mentions his issues with negativity from Nova fans, fans from his hometown, and disappointing their expectations (sadly it sure happens here too) and its’ effect on him. Here’s a 2021 article where he shares about these struggles and transition motives to come to SU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom