Cole Swider signs with Heat | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Cole Swider signs with Heat

OMG. Cole trying his best to win this game, and then some Laker with a totally stupid foul to give Charlotte 3 foul shots to tie it up again.

Cole hasn’t had a shot since hitting back to back 3’s. Had a tough rebound with 8 secs left got fouled and made both to go up 3 until some clown fouled the 3 pt shooter.

Selfish plays not looking for Cole enough at the end. Jones is a selfish player. Smith and Miles you would have thought didn't watch Cole play the whole game.

Great effort on last possession by Cole with the help and attempted closeout.

He knows they're going in as he releases. Don't see that kind of body confidence in anyone other than Steph. Man, i can't wait to see if he will have a real role on that team when the real games start.

if last season, the options on offense were:
1 - cole
2 - jesse
3 - joe
4 - buddy
5 - jimmy

that team makes the tournament

But at least JB got his son a 2 way out of it all.

Cole has a lot issues if he has to do two dribbles or more. Jesse needs a real PG to consistently get him looks where he can get buckets (Joe could hit him on the roll pretty well, to be fair). Joe improved for sure last year, but being the guy that has to create at the end of a shot clock off the dribble consistently is a lot different than his role last year.

I'm not going to rehash my Buddy inefficiency offense, but while he def should not have been shooting as much as he did and had the ball the % of time he did for usage, putting him #4 is crazy. It seems you are evaluating Buddy and Cole against their SL performances which isn't applicable to their time at Cuse.

Last year's team needed way, way, way better D as priorities 1-100 and while our offense was technically "efficient" as a whole, we needed a real PG to make the lives of Buddy/Cole/Joe much easier.

Cole making the team is all about his defense now. Doesn't matter if they pass to him or not. It's all if they feel he can play passable D.

Agree 100% but it depends on the organization as some value defense a lot more than others. Hopefully some team will see him like a Bogan Bogdanovic from Utah. Similar size and Bogie is a great catch and shoot and has developed into a somewhat limited but more rounded offensive player. Not the best on defense though.

I wish the Buddy back down had an occasional kick out to a shooter. Cole seems to be able to find gaps - at least in NBA summer league. He also was clearly pressing early in his SU career. Be interesting to see how it shakes out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom