Cole Swider signs with Heat | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Cole Swider signs with Heat

Not a good shooting night for Cole tonight. 3/12 with 2/9 from 3 for 8 pts. Was 2nd in rebounds with 8.
His shot was really off today. He had some real open ones too. Hopefully just an off day. He got all those rebounds in the second half. I noticed he wasn’t making an effort in the 1st to rebound and stayed totally on the perimeter. Castleton was the only player rebounding in the first half and the Lakers were down to Charlotte. Lakers won by 18 when Swider started hitting the boards. Must have been talked to because he was very active rebounding after halftime. At 6’9 he should concentrate on rebounding, it makes him more versatile, valuable even when his shot is off.

Swider and the Lakers are on ESPN.. every time I watch him play he continues to impress with how much of a bucket he is. Hope he get can find himself in the Lakers rotation, they need his shooting.

Swider and the Lakers are on ESPN.. every time I watch him play he continues to impress with how much of a bucket he is. Hope he get can find himself in the Lakers rotation, they need his shooting.
Lakers could definitely use his shooting. However Ham is a defense first type coach which will hurt Cole’s chances of getting into the rotation (that’s assuming he even dresses).

The Lakers waived him and then signed Alex Fudge to their last two-way contract. Fudge averaged 2.6 pts and 1 reb in summer league. Why??

The Lakers waived him and then signed Alex Fudge to their last two-way contract. Fudge averaged 2.6 pts and 1 reb in summer league. Why??
Does he do other things they value more?

Prob for best. He didn't have much of a chance of PT with LAL.

Not for the best -- at all.

The goal is to stick in the league. When you're a fringe player, being rostered is more important than seeking more bountiful PT.

Hope he gets a second shot somewhere, but getting cut isn't a good sign. Luckily, he's got that "one skill" that might land him somewhere.

Not for the best -- at all.

The goal is to stick in the league. When you're a fringe player, being rostered is more important than seeking more bountiful PT.

Hope he gets a second shot somewhere, but getting cut isn't a good sign. Luckily, he's got that "one skill" that might land him somewhere.

He's rebounded pretty well and is a floor burner, good lockerroom guy etc too.

Being hurt most of the g league season this past year with the foot injury probably hurt him. According to the stat sheet, he only played 4 games this past year and his stats for them were meh. Until I saw these stats, I had thought his stats were better and that he played more than 4 games. Maybe the summer league isn’t taken too seriously or at least this year’s summer league didn’t. Sure hope he gets another good chance to show his game and makes it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom