Cole Swider signs with Heat | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Cole Swider signs with Heat

Coaches can fix the summer league every man for himself concept. If a player doesn’t pass to an open man and takes a good shot or a sweet drive OK if he jacks up some terrible shot give him the hook.

Cole looks and is playing much bigger and more confident than I saw him in college. Being 6’9” with a frame like his will be a very good advantage for him overcoming physical play and quickly shooting over smaller athletic players if they don’t put a good defender on him.

Cole looks and is playing much bigger and more confident than I saw him in college. Being 6’9” with a frame like his will be a very good advantage for him overcoming physical play and quickly shooting over smaller athletic players if they don’t put a good defender on him.

It's a shame he lost so much time to showcase and build his game at Nova. That UNC game was a work of art. So glad the opportunity at SU propelled him.

It's a shame he lost so much time to showcase and build his game at Nova. That UNC game was a work of art. So glad the opportunity at SU propelled him.
He certainly had a lot of team success at Nova, but he fits what we do so much better.

I do wonder what he could have been if he was with us the whole time.

I wonder what the Nova people think seeing him now? It’s crazy that a 6’9” shooter wasn’t considered a matchup nightmare. I know his defense was suspect but at SU he was able to play offensively and defensively much more on the perimeter. The NBA has become so much more perimeter oriented, which fits Swider’s game much more than the NBA from 10 years ago.

I wonder what the Nova people think seeing him now? It’s crazy that a 6’9” shooter wasn’t considered a matchup nightmare. I know his defense was suspect but at SU he was able to play offensively and defensively much more on the perimeter. The NBA has become so much more perimeter oriented, which fits Swider’s game much more than the NBA from 10 years ago.
Style matters.

It is going to work out for Cole but he would have been a star if he came back. Zero doubt in my mind.

Yeah like OIG noted style is key. Just wasn't a good fit for him there.

He certainly had a lot of team success at Nova, but he fits what we do so much better.

I do wonder what he could have been if he was with us the whole time.

It's fair to think he could have been a year or two ahead in his development for sure. He would have fit in well with the teams we had too... maybe so much as to have changed thr trajectory of a couple of those seasons.

It's fair to think he could have been a year or two ahead in his development for sure. He would have fit in well with the teams we had too... maybe so much as to have changed thr trajectory of a couple of those seasons.
He would have fit really well with Quincy and Marek and probably makes it so we don't need Alan Griffin.

I thought it was a good sign for his future that he was bringing the ball upcourt. The more things he can do/show the more likely he is to stick around.

I posted late last season that I think Cole has a legit NBA chance...got roundly roasted.

Nothing guaranteed yet, but I stand by that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom