Cole Swider to hire an agent and declare for the NBA Draft | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Cole Swider to hire an agent and declare for the NBA Draft

Do you think Camden is a good fit? He can definitely shoot the ball. How is he rebounding?
Not crazy about Camden. Too much of what we've had. Not a great athlete, more of a catch and shoot kind of player. We need a proven player like Nolley who can plug into a starting spot not a player like Camden who hasn't shown much to date.

I do think people are sleeping on Taylor a little bit and Benny. I think Benny will definitely pick his game up through another year of just practice and growing into his game. I think Taylor can do a few things pretty well and with focus going to JG on penetrations by Mintz, look for Taylor to drop some daggers.
I hope you’re right! I’m just a little nervous with the uncertainty about what we will get at both forwards. It’s certainly possible Benny will make a jump, but I’d feel more comfortable if we had someone with established productivity at the college level at at least one of the spots

How about Landers?
I’m not sure as his numbers have got worse each year. We should be signing the equivalent of a 5 star or high 4 star at that position or roll with the young guys.

Nolley is closer to a guard than a four. We need a four who can rebound and get buckets.

Yeah, but - I think that was a part of the problem.

Woody fancies himself a 2/3.
He’s actually a 3/4.

IIRC, he’s listed as a “guard” at Okie State.

There’s often a disconnect between what a player can do well for JB, and what they (and their handlers) want them to do.

See also: Guerrier, Quincy.
You’d think they’d communicate about stuff like that and be on the same page during the recruiting process.

well it always seems that the players who arent going to play end up leaving one way or another...with all the transferring out...I'm not saying kick them out...but if they want to actually play college basketball...maybe they should go elsewhere...? arent these things kinda worked out ? ??
Yes these things can be worked out however the reality of the portal not everyone will find a better situation.

I’m okay with one scoring PF with some beef. Coupled with Benny and Jesse, I think that’s a solid front line. (I expect Benny to make a big leap next season.) As long as the new PF and JBA can give a few minutes here and there at C I think we’re okay. Just have to find roles for the new guys.

Not crazy about Camden. Too much of what we've had. Not a great athlete, more of a catch and shoot kind of player. We need a proven player like Nolley who can plug into a starting spot not a player like Camden who hasn't shown much to date.

There’s nothing wrong with what we had, it’s that we rolled them out for 38 mins a game.

If you add a catch and shoot guy as a weapon to the skills of young guys...and maybe you get 40 mins of solid forward play with different skill sets highlighted based on your opponents strengthens and weaknesses. I know it’s seems crazy to suggest, but you don’t have to play guys 35+ plus a game

I, as many here, will miss Cole but in reality think he made the correct decision for himself. He would have been a great senior leader and dependable scorer but in college basketball the teams need to keep reloading every year. We had a "blip" last year as Coach enjoyed a year coaching his two sons. Now getting back to Syracuse basketball, we need high energy athletes burning with desire to come out running, rebounding and playing tight defense. The scoring will follow. We need to build a scrappy team anchored by Jesse and Joe but energized by Mintz, Symir, Taylor, and Bunch. Hopefully Bennie will overcome his rough freshman year and blossom into the player we have all waited for. Good luck Cole and let's get behind next year's Orange. If the right person becomes available in the portal, we can add him but he needs to be able to play both the 4 and 5.

people rag on him a lot...but i see potential there...he held it down a bit vs duke...i think with a bit of success he could be a factor...he does seem to have a shooting touch too...

that said, would I prefer a transfer who has proven it already? yes.

I mean... I don't think it is out of the question that he could round into a solid backup 5. But he's a clear downgrade from Frank.

Agree with your portal / transfer take, just not sure who out there would be an upgrade willing to come and potentially sit behind and established starter like Jesse.

There’s nothing wrong with what we had, it’s that we rolled them out for 38 mins a game.

If you add a catch and shoot guy as a weapon to the skills of young guys...and maybe you get 40 mins of solid forward play with different skill sets highlighted based on your opponents strengthens and weaknesses. I know it’s seems crazy to suggest, but you don’t have to play guys 35+ plus a game
Why not?
Final Four teams all have short bench.

I don’t know you tell me the difference between Jimmy Boeheim and the players on Kansas and UNC
Has nothing to do with the talent of Kansas or UNC players.Same argument over and over on how Boeheim uses short bench, but a lot of good coaches use short bench.
Sure there was daddy ball tactics used this season, but there wasn’t much of an upgrade on the bench either.

Swider played well the last 6 weeks of the season. It speaks volumes that his leaving is such a blow to the program.

Honestly it's more to do with the sentiment shared that we won't go to the portal for his replacement. If it was a full go to hit the portal- while still a bummer, wouldn't feel as damning.

Good luck, Cole!

There are a billion kids in the portal - do your homework and bring in some help. I bet they already have a list.

Good luck, Cole!

There are a billion kids in the portal - do your homework and bring in some help. I bet they already have a list.
Exactly! Not like we are losing a lottery pick or even a fringe 2nd rounder.JB may have even encouraged this departure so he can move in a different direction on how he wants next years squad to look and play.

I don’t know you tell me the difference between Jimmy Boeheim and the players on Kansas and UNC
It’s all relative. The guys on the bench are still worse than the starters.

Torrence deserved more minutes. Williams and Anselem did not.

Honestly it's more to do with the sentiment shared that we won't go to the portal for his replacement. If it was a full go to hit the portal- while still a bummer, wouldn't feel as damning.
If we don't go to the portal for his replacement it's going to be a long season.

Exactly! Not like we are losing a lottery pick or even a fringe 2nd rounder.JB may have even encouraged this departure so he can move in a different direction on how he wants next years squad to look and play.
Maybe he has his eyes on someone in particular who is a better fit than Cole.

Good luck, Cole!

Trusting dasher and his take on this and it sure sounds like we don't and aren't planning to.

Someone convince me this will not end up being Jim Boeheim path of least resistance - Cole scholly goes to Ballard, done and done.

PS - Good luck Cole. Please list your school as Syracuse in your pro bios going forward.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom