Cole Swider Transferring from Nova to Syracuse | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Cole Swider Transferring from Nova to Syracuse

Maybe I’m dense but who are those threads referencing?

Torrence seems closer to a project than someone who’ll push to start. I full agree and likely accept its Girard for 30+, which may be a problem.

Kadary. folks were suggesting he would hurt the offense because his lack of outside shot

Girard
Boeheim
Swider
Williams
Edwards
Torrence
Boeheim

So there’s 7.

Woody and Frank...we’ll see.

Chances we keep both of them and add another guard that can play and is quick? I’d feel a lot better about things if that all happened.
Also have Chaz Owens on scholarship he probably makes a decent practice player.

pure silliness

if one player takes 100 shots and makes 30 it’s the same % as a guy who makes 3 out of 10

doesn’t tell you much
Self impose ban for one week

Well, I Am glad to have Cole Swider on the team.

I really appreciate those posters that bring out his negative skills and do not give him credit for his other skills. So, he is not a rebounder.

Who on last year’s team was a good rebounder outside of Q and Alan Griffin? Were Kadary, Robert Braswell, and Jon Bol Ajak good rebounders? No. Syracuse lost the rebounding battle in the majority of the games they played this year. Is Woody a good rebounder? No, he is kind of an one dimensional player at this point in his career. Sidibe was a good rebounder in some of his games over the years but he could not stay on the court due to constant injuries or his ability to draw fouls. Maybe Frank and Jesse can demonstrate an knack to rebound because they will need to be rebounders in order to play.

so, unless Syracuse brought in an player with an equivalent rebounding skill to a Buck Williams, D. Mutumbo or a Derrick Coleman, we are not going to be a rebounding team.

Try to welcome Cole Swider on his decision and enjoy the skills and experience he brings to Syracuse.

The defensive difference will be noticeable.
Any chance he could show up at that "Pro" agility camp that Buddy's gonna attend this summer?

Ur referring to Quincy I'm assuming? n we all have a good idea Marek is going back overseas

I figured once he announced he was leaving Nova we were going to go hard after him and probably get...considering how close we came.

So...per 2-4-7, we've lost Kadari Richmond (#88 coming out of high school), John Bol Ajak (#480) and Robert Braswell (Unrated) and gotten Symir Torrence, (#75), Cole Swider (#44) to go with Benny Williams, (#25)?

Sounds like a an upgrade to me.

I'm sure he's glad to be out of the portal.
1617502686847.png

So...per 2-4-7, we've lost Kadari Richmond (#88 coming out of high school), John Bol Ajak (#480) and Robert Braswell (Unrated) and gotten Symir Torrence, (#75), Cole Swider (#44) to go with Benny Williams, (#25)?

Sounds like a an upgrade to me.
I wish our two transfer recruits put up better then 1 or 2 star numbers while being in college for multiple years though

Should be a huge upgrade from Bras. Would love Q to come back, that would give us three terrific forwards.

we still need a serviceable big to backup Jesse, unless frank comes back and the staff thinks he could be that guy.

if Q does not come back, we need to get a guy who can bang to play the four when muscle and rebounding is needed.

sorry, but I do not want Jimmy b. He is just a lesser swider and I do not trust the nepotism factor.

anyways, any info on anybody else we might be pursuing ?

welcome aboard, Cole !!!!
Jimmie B is the ultimate wildcard (he could be a scholie or a walk on). HCJB will make the right call. I'm not worried. One thing for certain...he'll know how to play zone so he can be a solid contributor in the Bahamas while the other new guys are figuring out things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom