Cole Swider Transferring from Nova to Syracuse | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Cole Swider Transferring from Nova to Syracuse

Hey guys we are recording with Cole Swider on the podcast tonight. Got any questions you think would be good to ask? We will get to as many of them as we can. Thanks!

His thoughts on possibly playing up top in the zone.

1- how much do the coaches reveal about future recruiting and strategy during his recent recruitment? how much of a factor was that in his decision?

2. did he know if QG coming back or no? etc...did that factor into hs decision?

3 - what would he like SU to do, if anything, in the transfer portal/recruiting market this offseason?

Great Questions

Hey guys we are recording with Cole Swider on the podcast tonight. Got any questions you think would be good to ask? We will get to as many of them as we can. Thanks!
what does he expect the team's weaknesses to be next season and what is the plan for addressing them this offseason?

Ask if he’s familiar with the fable The Tortoise vs. The Hare? And, if so, which character he identifies with more.

He is a player. Not the coach
well I saw with mike waters he asked him what his weaknesses were and he mentioned a few things to work on this offseason...so I thought it might be a good add-on...I know buddy is working on spped, etc in LA

I think the team's weaknesses will be playmaking and team speed...so that is what I would work on (if possible)

What’s he working on this off-season + what the coaches want him working on

I don't really agree with almost anything you are writing, tbh. Which is fine.

I was calling out Q's poor screening all year. It was chronic and a disservice to even put him into action.

Buddy is fantastic at getting square. It's why I jokingly call him Klay Thompson. The kid could be square on a shot if he got hit by a mack truck.

But he and Cole are going to be guarded by guys that can switch and stay in their shorts on defense. I don't think either have the ability to drive by guys that are decent defenders in that situation. Clearly a difference of opinion there. I don't think it's wise to make Buddy have to make that pass or have to have him be the de facto PG if you want any dribble penetration. He's a great shooter. Let him shoot. Klay scored 60 points on 11 dribbles. Having someone do more does not equal someone being better.

I also don't agree that Jesse should stay near the rim while we're running action 22 feet away while Joe and Benny stand around. I want him setting hard picks and rolling with Joe running point. People told me to get over Kadary, I am. Let's give Joe tape of Kyle Lowry and get him in the greatest shape of his life to mimic his game after him. So he can be the guy driving the car to get Buddy and Cole open looks and Jesse dunks on rim runs. This should also give enough space for letting Benny do this thing.

If we are going Joe, Buddy and Cole as our starting 1-3, our defense won't be elite, so it means we need to score. It cannot be Buddy shooting a million shots again. The kid can be a walking bucket, but we'll never win consistently if he has to play hero ball (note, I am not saying he is a ball hog). We need more balanced scoring and we need to get to the rim so we get points from being in the penalty with our free throw shooters.

Just my 0.02.

Just seeing this now. We need smart boards so I can draw what I'm saying. It makes far more sense visually than trying to write it.

1) If you were a tree, and you could be any kind of tree, what kind of tree would you be?
2) Turn-ons and Turn-offs?
3) Did JB guarantee you will start?
4) How many times did JB doze off during the Zoom call?
5) What areya, stupid? Why'd you choose Villanova instead of us to begin with?
6) What is the key to happiness?
7) Are we alone?
8) Kinda name is "Cole" anyway? Who do you think you are?
9) Do you read the board?
10) Dinosaur or Cheesesteak?

1) If you were a tree, and you could be any kind of tree, what kind of tree would you be?
7) Are we alone?
No offense but a couple of those questions are rather dumb. The rest are just great though.

7) Are we alone?
Team Bear or Team Deer

Joe would start for >75% of the teams in college basketball (at a minimum) lmao it's within reason to think he should come off the bench for us but don't say stupid chit
I think 99% of the roster at SU would start at 75% of college basketball teams in America.

That isn't saying much. The top 25% equates to 90 programs. There are a lot of non-NCAA teams within that bunch.

We are a Top 15 program nationally. I would hope one of our players would start at 75% of the programs in the country.

Thanks to anyone who shared a question. Tried to keep those in mind. We have part 2 dropping tomorrow,too. Cole was awesome. So well-spoken (said he wants to be a broadcaster someday) and really got me jacked up for next season hearing him talk about how he fits into the offense with Buddy and the 2-3 zone.

Cole looks in great shape. He was a bit heavy in 19-20 in my opinion. He looked more agile this year and from these workout picks definitely looks good. I know there are doubts given the numbers at Nova- this kid is good and can really ball. Much like folks were all about Woody once they saw him on the court and what he brings- chalk Cole up to that and more.

He has two years left, but if I am Cole I am working my ass off to really come in and drop some jaws and make a case to be a legit pro prospect. He is a great teammate and hard worker. He and Buddy as I mentioned before are an excellent pairing to play off one another using the screen.

I think he's going to be good, as well. I have a difficult time not envisioning him starting at 4 if Q doesn't return.

And I type that knowing full well that JB's track record suggests he'd start Jimmy, if he lands here.

Thanks to anyone who shared a question. Tried to keep those in mind. We have part 2 dropping tomorrow,too. Cole was awesome. So well-spoken (said he wants to be a broadcaster someday) and really got me jacked up for next season hearing him talk about how he fits into the offense with Buddy and the 2-3 zone.

great job u guys did! And hes definitely got a lil chip on his shoulder u can tell

That was a pretty good interview. I wasn't expecting that! Nice job.

Some really nice responses and a perfect set of perspectives from Cole. I'm a fan already.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom