Cole Swider Transferring from Nova to Syracuse | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Cole Swider Transferring from Nova to Syracuse

How you pronounce 'Syracuse'.

Does is sound like SEER-a-cuse - rhymes with DEER.
Or do you say SAIR-a-cuse - rhymes with BEAR.
If you’re from the area it’s definitely seer

Sair is a downstate thing. All my relatives from nyc and long island call it sair. Every downstater I met in college called it sair

If you’re from the area it’s definitely seer

Sair is a downstate thing. All my relatives from nyc/long island call it sair. Every downstater I met in college called it sair

yup...its how I say it...Sair -ugh-cuse

How you pronounce 'Syracuse'.

Does is sound like SEER-a-cuse - rhymes with DEER.
Or do you say SAIR-a-cuse - rhymes with BEAR.
Yes. "TIL" means "today I learned..." — i had just searched that Deer/Bear thing.

So, i'm guessing TYL what TIL means?
: )

I've always said "SEER-uh-kyooz." I think the only time i heard it as "SAYR-uh-kyooz" was by a dorm friend from Cape May, NJ.

Thanks to anyone who shared a question. Tried to keep those in mind. We have part 2 dropping tomorrow,too. Cole was awesome. So well-spoken (said he wants to be a broadcaster someday) and really got me jacked up for next season hearing him talk about how he fits into the offense with Buddy and the 2-3 zone.

You guys do a great job and what a great interview.

Cole makes some really good points that conflict even with my own criticisms at times. He knows his basketball is clearly a gym rat and yes while defensive questions linger I am not in panic mode we just won't have the pieces like some of this board is. Also Cole mentioned talking to Quincy and Benny as well in that first part. I think things could line up for us pretty good. Swider has game and that chip on his shoulder.

Thanks to anyone who shared a question. Tried to keep those in mind. We have part 2 dropping tomorrow,too. Cole was awesome. So well-spoken (said he wants to be a broadcaster someday) and really got me jacked up for next season hearing him talk about how he fits into the offense with Buddy and the 2-3 zone.
Great work. Looking forward to the second half of the interview.

The whole sair vs seer is funny because its similar to the differences my hometown and then living in the DC area. I grew up I a town called Montrose,PA. Half the town says Mont Rose like two words. The other says Montroze. Everyone presumes the other is saying it wrong or isn't local. Similarly the Worshington vs Washington down in DC. Funny how even locals disagree.

You guys do a great job and what a great interview.

Cole makes some really good points that conflict even with my own criticisms at times. He knows his basketball is clearly a gym rat and yes while defensive questions linger I am not in panic mode we just won't have the pieces like some of this board is. Also Cole mentioned talking to Quincy and Benny as well in that first part. I think things could line up for us pretty good. Swider has game and that chip on his shoulder.
Think this in Part 2 but he says something at some point like "I'm not the strongest or the fastest so I gotta have really strong IQ" You could tell from talking to him he watches tons of other college basketball and has a good idea about the zone already. I still am a little worried about his quickness in the zone, but feel like he should pick up the rotations and stuff pretty quick.

Think this in Part 2 but he says something at some point like "I'm not the strongest or the fastest so I gotta have really strong IQ" You could tell from talking to him he watches tons of other college basketball and has a good idea about the zone already. I still am a little worried about his quickness in the zone, but feel like he should pick up the rotations and stuff pretty quick.

Good stuff. Having true centers in the middle can be such a big benefit for the wing defenders too. It makes their job easier which should help Cole too. If he works hard and hustles, paired with learning the rotations, he should be just fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom