Cole Swider Transferring from Nova to Syracuse | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Cole Swider Transferring from Nova to Syracuse

I'm not sure Benny is starting. If he doesn't play defense, he'll probably get limited minutes off the bench. Nothing is guaranteed.
Why doesn’t Defense matter for Joe Girard?
This is the take that opens up what Bees doesn’t want.
If standards aren’t consistent players get upset.

Benny is starting. We aren’t athletic or talented enough to sit him if he is as good advertised.

Benny is starting. We aren’t athletic or talented enough to sit him if he is as good advertised.
You actually reinforced my point. Girard all time score leader in NYS. In HIGH SCHOOL. He's barely a D1 player in college. Could be the same for Benny. Like I said, nothing is guaranteed. That's all...

opens up what? It’s someone’s opinion.

Benny is starting. We aren’t athletic or talented enough to sit him
Joe averaged 27mpg as a soph
Kadary averaged 21mpg as a frosh

Looks to me like Joe’s overall play mattered which is why he didn’t see as many minutes as he did as a freshman.

This narrative that Joe is allowed to play unfettered from The GOAT’s hook is just not an accurate one.

You actually reinforced my point. Girard all time score leader in NYS. In HIGH SCHOOL. He's barely a D1 player in college. Could be the same for Benny. Like I said, nothing is guaranteed. That's all...
Girard was a 3 star recruit. Not in the top 100 in his class.
Benny is a 5 star recruit and top 35 player in his class.

HS stats are irrelevant to your point about defense.
Girard’s defense doesn’t affect him starting.
If that is the case then it shouldn’t affect Benny who is better.

Looks to me like Joe’s overall play mattered which is why he didn’t see as many minutes as he did as a freshman.

This narrative that Joe is allowed to play unfettered from The GOAT’s hook is just not an accurate one.
You aren’t getting the point.
If being a poor defender doesn’t prevent Joe from starting.
Then it shouldn’t affect Benny who is more athletic and has more upside.

Why are you fretting about hypotheticals?

Benny is going to play. He’ll be the most big time, perceived-to-be-ready-made, recruit to make it to campus since... Donte? I dunno, I’m just throwing that name out there cuz it seems to be right.

He will play.

Cole looks in great shape. He was a bit heavy in 19-20 in my opinion. He looked more agile this year and from these workout picks definitely looks good. I know there are doubts given the numbers at Nova- this kid is good and can really ball. Much like folks were all about Woody once they saw him on the court and what he brings- chalk Cole up to that and more.

He has two years left, but if I am Cole I am working my ass off to really come in and drop some jaws and make a case to be a legit pro prospect. He is a great teammate and hard worker. He and Buddy as I mentioned before are an excellent pairing to play off one another using the screen.

I don’t think that how coaches see this kind of thing. Every player brings a mix of +/- offensively and defensively and they all operate within the framework of the team and system - all while trying to get better. Standards are different by position and responsibility and experience.

If you treated every player the same you’d be doing everyone a disservice. The challenge for the coaching staff is explaining *why* they are different.

I don’t think that how coaches see this kind of thing. Every player brings a mix of +/- offensively and defensively and they all operate within the framework of the team and system - all while trying to get better. Standards are different by position and responsibility and experience.

If you treated every player the same you’d be doing everyone a disservice. The challenge for the coaching staff is explaining *why* they are different.
This post what a spin job. C’mon man.
If anything the defense should matter more at the top than on the wings.

mrw-my-boyfriend-asks-if-i-changed-my-mind-about-trying-anal-95057.gif

Joe's frosh vs. soph minutes compares different scenarios regarding available PG options.
Minutes are based on both performance, and the available backups.

Joe's frosh vs. soph minutes compares different scenarios regarding available PG options.
Minutes are based on both performance, and the available backups.
Every version of a college basketball team has different rosters, yes I’m aware, thanks.

Doesn’t change the fact that Joe was substituted for more consistently this year than last. If he was lighting it up, he’s not coming out. He would have averaged Buddy minutes.

So the point remains that Joe gets hooked by The GOAT and anyone disputing that is pushing a false narrative.

Why are you fretting about hypotheticals?

Benny is going to play. He’ll be the most big time, perceived-to-be-ready-made, recruit to make it to campus since... Donte? I dunno, I’m just throwing that name out there cuz it seems to be right.

He will play.
Exactly. We need Benny to get all the D-1 experience he can, so he is ready for our DEEP tourney run.

This post what a spin job. C’mon man.
If anything the defense should matter more at the top than on the wings.

mrw-my-boyfriend-asks-if-i-changed-my-mind-about-trying-anal-95057.gif
Lol

So you think the coaching staff doesn’t balance a bunch of factors into playing time including but not limited to, defense

That’s what he does. It’s pretty incredible.
Is that what we’re settling on as a response to opinions you disagree with? Lol.

I’m just asking for a well reasoned argument back. If you can’t, you can’t.

Is that what we’re settling on as a response to opinions you disagree with? Lol.

I’m just asking for a well reasoned argument back. If you can’t, you can’t.
I shouldn’t have said anything because I’m really not all that interested anymore and I don’t want to jam up the thread with BS.

But you seem to defend every single decision JB makes as if it’s infallible. I probably did the same thing to an extent...when we were 34-3 and people were bitching about MCW’s playing time. Not so much when we’re 19-14 every year and the be...nope. No more Kadary talk.

back on topic, I wonder if Swider brings back the Tyler Lydon pick and pop element to the offense? You know who I’d love to be seeing getting some high screens? Oops, I’m doing it again.

Looking forward to seeing Swider in Orange after hearing about him for years.

I shouldn’t have said anything because I’m really not all that interested anymore and I don’t want to jam up the thread with BS.

But you seem to defend every single decision JB makes as if it’s infallible. I probably did the same thing to an extent...when we were 34-3 and people were bitching about MCW’s playing time. Not so much when we’re 19-14 every year and the be...nope. No more Kadary talk.

back on topic, I wonder if Swider brings back the Tyler Lydon pick and pop element to the offense? You know who I’d love to be seeing getting some high screens? Oops, I’m doing it again.
I didn’t post much on the basketball side before because I think it’s largely not super interesting. JB does what he does, he’s earned the right to, and while *a cranky arse and not as good as he was 10 years ago* he’s still maintaining a reasonable level of success.

I think the reasons people were using to explain Kadary and Joe PT to be lacking any real depth and people had kind of bought this lame reasoning. The lack of real response now is telling.

Truth is I don’t think we’ll ever know the full story. It’s probably nuanced and reasonable.

Not even close to the same. Joe played against mediocre competition in high school and i was always suspect about his handling. In which i was right because im the greatest talent evaluator to ever walk the earth .

And Benny is 6’8”/6’9” and plays against good competition and stands out while doing so.

I didn’t post much on the basketball side before because I think it’s largely not super interesting. JB does what he does, he’s earned the right to, and while *a cranky arse and not as good as he was 10 years ago* he’s still maintaining a reasonable level of success.

I think the reasons people were using to explain Kadary and Joe PT to be lacking any real depth and people had kind of bought this lame reasoning. The lack of real response now is telling.

Truth is I don’t think we’ll ever know the full story. It’s probably nuanced and reasonable.
The statistics on how the team played with certain guys on the court are what they are.

I hope Coach pushes all the right buttons and hits all the right notes, in a distraction and disruption free season next year.

And that Swider maintains that 40% from 3 on greater volume.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom