Cole Swider Transferring from Nova to Syracuse | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Cole Swider Transferring from Nova to Syracuse

So do I. I have faith Jesse is gonna have a good year. But I think Symir is a significant downgrade from Kadary. I just don’t know about this team. I hope it comes together.

Maybe, but then again maybe not regarding Symir being a significant downgrade.

Much of the love affair with Kadary was based upon his future potential plus the fact that he had actual point guard skills. If you are talking sophomore year Kadary then that is yet to be seen and it may well be a downgrade.

However, if you are comparing Symir to frosh Kadary, if he plays decent D, gives us 6 ppg, and 3 assists on a 2:1 A/TO ratio then he will match what Kadary gave us last year. That isn't climbing Mt. Everest and certainly seems achievable.

Much of the love affair with Kadary was based upon his future potential plus the fact that he had actual point guard skills. If you are talking sophomore year Kadary then that is yet to be seen and it may well be a downgrade.

However, if you are comparing Symir to frosh Kadary, if he plays decent D, gives us 6 ppg, and 3 assists on a 2:1 A/TO ratio then he will match what Kadary gave us last year. That isn't climbing Mt. Everest and certainly seems achievable.

I think many of us saw the ability to go into next year with a PG who could be a 12-6-5 guy and help us get something like a combined 20 pts, 10 ast from the PG position while having a weapon very few others do. So in that sense it's a potential downgrade unless both Joe and Symir play above expectations based on last year's performance. I think the likelihood is we land somewhere in the middle but overall have a better feeling and opinion of the PG position as the season gets going than we did when Kadary left and Symir came in initially.

We will see who ends up being right respective of those who are fairly confident this year will be another frustrating run or those who are more optimistic thinking it's a surefire tourney team with a ceiling to win some tourney games too.

I think many of us saw the ability to go into next year with a PG who could be a 12-6-5 guy and help us get something like a combined 20 pts, 10 ast from the PG position while having a weapon very few others do.

Which is why I said that much of the love affair with Kadary was based upon potential. I also differentiated between frosh Kadary and soph Kadary.

I think many of us saw the ability to go into next year with a PG who could be a 12-6-5 guy and help us get something like a combined 20 pts, 10 ast from the PG position while having a weapon very few others do. So in that sense it's a potential downgrade unless both Joe and Symir play above expectations based on last year's performance. I think the likelihood is we land somewhere in the middle but overall have a better feeling and opinion of the PG position as the season gets going than we did when Kadary left and Symir came in initially.

We will see who ends up being right respective of those who are fairly confident this year will be another frustrating run or those who are more optimistic thinking it's a surefire tourney team with a ceiling to win some tourney games too.
I will gladly pay the 500 dollars for us to be a top 26 team going into the NCAAT.

Torrence will average less MPG than Kadary got last year. I mean let’s be honest. JB gave Joe beyond the benefit of the doubt last year unlike anytime I ever seen. Kadary is so better than Joe and the MPG never reflected it.

I am talking about as a PG before you respond.
Joe is more of a Sg than PG.

I think Kadary and Buddy backed up by Joe, the one guy who could play both positions, would have potentially been the best backcourt in the country, (I haven't seen the other possibilities so I say potentially).

That said, Symir was actually a higher rated recruit than Kadary, FWIW:

Which is why I said that much of the love affair with Kadary was based upon potential. I also differentiated between frosh Kadary and soph Kadary.

Right- my point is most everyone was using sophomore Kadary when making that assessment vs frosh Kadary and was tacking on to your response

I think Kadary and Buddy backed up by Joe, the one guy who could play both positions, would have potentially been the best backcourt in the country, (I haven't seen the other possibilities so I say potentially).

That said, Symir was actually a higher rated recruit than Kadary, FWIW:

This would have required Buddy not play 35+ MPG that was never happening.

If it was KR/BB 30 MPG and JG 20 MPG that could have worked.
It was never going to happen.

Torrence is likely accept the 10 MPG he is likely to get this year.
Buddy is going to be a 36-38 MPG player.
Joe is going to be 25-35 MPG depending on he plays.

To me, Kadary was really the only guy on the roster who could break his man down off the dribble. His crossover and hesitation moves were nasty, among the best we’ve seen in a young Cuse guard in the past decade. When he put his mind to it, Kadary could get into the lane at will. And he had great court vision so he could either dish it or try to score himself. I really think he would have put it together here as a sophomore and have a really big year, especially with the plan to work on improving his outside shot during the off season. I don’t see any of that with Symir. He seems like a slightly better Howard Washington, who I didn’t think was much of a player.

Last edited:
Amazing...I came to get an update on Cole Swider, and when I typed his name, it was actually the first and only time it appeared on the whole page of this thread.
I think we need to move on from discussions regarding Kadary. No discussion of what he might have done is relevant to this season. Well, at least not in this version of the multiverse.

I still think Cole is going to surprise. Kids with sweet jumpers and a voracious work ethic as well as a team first mentality tend to do well. Especially when they started with a ton of talent as HS players.

Cole Benny and Jimmy should make for a really good forward trio. Jesse is on the cusp. It's an incredibly experienced team with mostly upperclassmen. It is ok to be optimistic. It really is. We've got enough in this world to be pessimistic enough that is for sure. Maybe this is something we can at least be a little more positive about?

There is always Shib Coin as a backup.

20A781BA-8EA4-415B-BA17-740126218644.jpeg

Or we can go by his last three seasons and see how slow he is.

Just because someone says something positive doesn’t make it true.

“Jesse Edwards has looked great handling the ball, Kyriesque”.
His responsibilities and techniques in the Boeheim Zone will be different from those in the Wright M-2-M.

(Where did that Edwards quote come from?)

His responsibilities and techniques in the Boeheim Zone will be different from those in the Wright M-2-M.

(Where did that Edwards quote come from?)
Didn’t come from anywhere, I pulled it out of my ass just like the quote saying Swider is a tailored fit for the zone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom