Coleman in the Big Mac | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Coleman in the Big Mac

1. I fully want MCW to have a great year and go pro. No reason to downplay his stats to water a second year.
Just let the guy run rampant like Waiters and Flynn. If you got it let it all out.

2. Dajuan has a great dribble to mix with his massive body for someone his size.
No need to initiate charge contact before the dribble when you can seal with a body like his off the dribble.

3. Part of the reason the ACC grabbed Syracuse and Pitt was because of their style of play.
Then let us play our zone as we always have, and let Pitt bring some toughness in the paint.
Bringing different styles to ACC ball will help their excitement factor and marketing in the long run. If everyone plays like Duke or UNC they will remain the 4th best conference due to boredom.

4. This team has what it takes to be a national championship offense.
Isolation ball will be our biggest challenge we lose all three of our iso players.
I believe MCW leading the way will add so much flare and either he will get the assists or someone else will because of him.

this is what I have always liked about the big east, is the variety of styles

Yeah, it feels almost taboo after a 34-3 season to talk about the potential of not next year's team ... but the following year's team ... but I have no shame in exposing my thick and hairy fanhood to hang out there in anticipation of an orgasmic 2013/2014 season.

Wow - wouldn't you say we're really short on guards for 2014? Definitely Cooney, probably Carter-Williams, and then some as-of-yet unknown freshman reserves.

Don't know how recruiting will shake out, but I'm placing my eggs in the 2013 basket.

so what jdubs says about the team is unproven and a stretch but if we get Noel(an uknown) we are a final 4 team?

If you read the entirety of my post I said "I can see us as a Sweet 16 or Elite 8 type of team."

Add Noel to that squad and we may well compete for the NC, that is IF he can develop true #1 recruit skills by season's end. It is my understanding that while he is a tremendous shot-blocker and is very gifted athletically, he is also quite raw offensively. That is quite unlike Anthony Davis, who is fundamentally very sound in all aspects of his game, and can score.

I think BT is too wrapped up in his own head to provide much leadership. If he continues to brood when things don't go his way, he won't be much help in that department. Still, he may step up if he realizes someone has to.
I wish there was a dislike button

Good post, my only thought was in regards to it being a negative that he didn't go all out for rebounds, I'd counter that a McDonalds AA Game is not the situation to accurately judge that on. If there was someone going all out, acting like a wildman for rebounds, he'd look pretty foolish, like a player in an all star game trying a little too hard, know what I mean? From everything I've heard, Coleman is a fantatic area rebounder & owns the boards.

I can agree with that. Let's hope so.

I think the kid has all the skills necessary to be very successful in college. It's now in the coaches' hands to make sure that happens.

I wish there was a dislike button
OE: I'd like to hear your thoughts. I feel like he goes into a shell when he's not playing well and that this would hamper him as a leader. Waddya think?

OE: I'd like to hear your thoughts. I feel like he goes into a shell when he's not playing well and that this would hamper him as a leader. Waddya think?
I think Brandon is too hard on himself. He's a quite kid to begin with. He has had nagging injuries to his hands and this has frustrated his ball handling. I think he sometimes goes too fast and gets into trouble when he tries to make things happen. JB has encouraged him to be aggressive and to shoot more. He is a team player first as were his teammates this year. I think Dion had a skill set Brandon couldn't match and that he tried too hard at times to make up the difference. Hopefully, as a senior and a player with the most playing experience he will settle down, make better decisions and play within himself.

Who says leaders have to be rah rah guys? Leaders lead in the style that suits them best. Those guys have demonstrated work ethic, team first attitude, discipline, maturity. That sounds like the groundwork for leadership to me.

Yah a lot of fans equate rah rah with leadership. Well fans of teams that don't win big anyway.
The QB/coach who doesn't show emotion is always 'lacking leadership' when they lose and 'cool under pressure' when they win.

Yah a lot of fans equate rah rah with leadership. Well fans of teams that don't win big anyway.
The QB/coach who doesn't show emotion is always 'lacking leadership' when they lose and 'cool under pressure' when they win.

Then there is "binocular psychiatry", the art of determining what's in a player's mind and how he relates to his teammates by looking at him when he's sitting on the bench.

Not just when he's on the bench, but when he's on the bench when there happens to be a camera on him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom