Colgate. Colgate? Seriously…Colgate. Hmmmm. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Colgate. Colgate? Seriously…Colgate. Hmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Points are what count.
If the old Loyal Marymount teams scored 110 in a game, someone shut them down. There is more to the story than just the points on the scoreboard.

We’re going to live and die from the three and we knew this going into the season, we only make 7 and shoot it at 30% they shut down our game plan.

Apologies. I couldn’t watch the game.
But…Colgate?
Question: Was this just a one-off, “rusty after a week”, “unfocused & looking ahead to Atlantis” thingy, or something more ominous?
Serious question.
Discuss.
I didn't expect us to lose, I didn't want us to lose, but good for Colgate; 54 games in a round is enough.

Colgate’s no slouch. They were up 1 on NC State down there with 1 minute to go. They’ve been the best Patriot League team for 3 seasons. They felt they were primed to win at the dome the last couple of seasons but didn’t. They are a tourney team.
They lost to nc st.

Yeah, it's still early enough where it's difficult to fully evaluate the team. I don't see much of a way out with our defense, they just don't look capable of covering enough space to stop anyone that has semi-competent reliable shooting - I assume most teams will rebound against decently enough.

The offense - that one will be more interesting as we see them match up against different styles of defense.
so far, after each of these 3 games, my vision of the team is only growing more cloudy.

one thing is for sure ...the defense doesnt seem capable of not giving up wide open 3s all game. which is really bad. i dont think this was colgate. any capable team can do what colgate just did - probably even better. i think it is ominous.

beoynd that, for me, there were a few factors that really hurt the team this game - Swider had 3 fouls early and a 4th early in the 2nd half - he was basically a no show - and jimmy struggled to score. swider is really key to the team, imo. benny wasnt really contributing much either...so the forwards were a no show basically. the offense all of a sudden became very one dimensional. lots of solo efforts. yeah they scored 85 points but it was a bad 85, imo.

they literally could not stop colgate from wide open look after wide open look. ferguson had his career high vs them and the thing that really sealed the win was the center being unstoppable in the high post.

I dont think the team has the speed and athleticism to really be good enough on d.

jg3 played amazing on offense as a scorer - but him and buddy up top on the zone gave up A LOT. as they always have.

for some reason jesse seemed very off sync today - that could be a one-off ...he was passive and got bodied around a lot. not sure why. maybe just a bad game. but the centers need to be a lot better. maybe bourama will start if he gets healthy.

If the old Loyal Marymount teams scored 110 in a game, someone shut them down. There is more to the story than just the points on the scoreboard.

We’re going to live and die from the three and we knew this going into the season, we only make 7 and shoot it at 30% they shut down our game plan.

We could shoot 10% for all I care. If we score 85ppg we didn’t get shut down. The game is win by the team with the most points.

We could shoot 10% for all I care. If we score 85ppg we didn’t get shut down. The game is win by the team with the most points.
I think you’re just disagreeing to disagree. We’ve been shooting like 50% from three, we shoot 30% and that isn’t shutting us down? I don’t get it.

I think you’re just disagreeing to disagree. We’ve been shooting like 50% from three, we shoot 30% and that isn’t shutting us down? I don’t get it.

Because 3’s aren’t the only way to score. In the end only the points on the scoreboard matter.

Because 3’s aren’t the only way to score. In the end only the points on the scoreboard matter.
It isn’t the only way to score, but we’re not winning games when we don’t shoot well from out there. We’re very well dimensional and aren’t going to win games by attacking the basket. We don’t hit 3s, we don’t win.

A little, but I was playing off the “best team against a zone” or whatever comments.

And that they outscored us by 30 the last 30 minutes of the game and won going away.

I think he meant a team that shoots that many, has multiple players that can make them and passes so well. He didn’t say best either.

We have the most one dimensional team in my lifetime. There are many ways to shut our offense down, which sucks because our defense will not win us one game this year.
I think we’re scoring like 85 points per game

It isn’t the only way to score, but we’re not winning games when we don’t shoot well from out there. We’re very well dimensional and aren’t going to win games by attacking the basket. We don’t hit 3s, we don’t win.

Well we didn’t hit 3’s tonight but it’s not the reason we lost. We scored 85 and that should have been enough to win.

I think we’re scoring like 85 points per game
When your game plan is live and die by the three and you only hit 7 at a 30% clip, I’m not sure how that’s not shutting it down, especially when you’re hitting like 50 percent from out there before this game.

Well we didn’t hit 3’s tonight but it’s not the reason we lost. We scored 85 and that should have been enough to win.
We’re going to lose every game we shoot 30% from three.

When your game plan is live and die by the three and you only hit 7 at a 0% clip, I’m not sure how that’s not shutting it down, especially when you’re hitting like 50 percent from out there before this game.
I’m pretty sure we are the best team in the last 10 years. It’ll be fun to see if I’m right.

Fair enough.

I’m being serious in wondering if Langel will be a candidate though.

This is pretty hot, especially with two final fours in the past 10 years. The 11/12 team was probably the best out of all of them.
Yup. Very hot. Excited to see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors