Colgate Game... | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Colgate Game...

It would be nice to have him for Army, but hopefully he's back for Hop.

Very true. Interesting that Army and Hobart are both much better offensively then defensively for the first time in a while save for last year for Bart. Would be nice to have him back to matchup with Nictern. Hobart is going to be a battle as well

Hope for the best on Mellen didnt appear to be an ACL but u can never be sure. Wont need him next week but we will the rest of the season. Clary and Page likely to burn their shirts.
Mellen initially was limping but by the end of the game he was walking around with little to no limp and no ice. Hard to say but I’m thankful we don’t have a massively hard schedule in the near future.

Mellen initially was limping but by the end of the game he was walking around with little to no limp and no ice. Hard to say but I’m thankful we don’t have a massively hard schedule in the near future.

Ya didnt seem to be an extremely serious injury but like I said it's always tricky with knees. That said the fact he walked off on his own and wasnt really getting any attention leads you to believe he should be ok. D overall needs a crap ton of work

Well, you're the doctor. :D

On the tv it didn’t look like they were really testing the stability of his knee. Hopefully something else more minor.

at a conference OOT and just getting back thru the storm. any chance of a replay ? just looking at the box and reading fan's comments here gotta say i like the balance on the O side. don't like the mellen news.

Obviously just speculating but maybe a cramp for Mellen? They had the heat way up in the DOme so the snow would melt off the roof. 88 degrees in there, maybe hotter at field level. He dove on the play he got injured on, maybe he just over extended and cramped up

Obviously just speculating but maybe a cramp for Mellen? They had the heat way up in the DOme so the snow would melt off the roof. 88 degrees in there, maybe hotter at field level. He dove on the play he got injured on, maybe he just over extended and cramped up
Don’t think it was a cramp. A little too much limping after the injury for that to be the case. But as I said earlier he was walking around with the team after the game without much of a limp. No ice on it and no extensive supervision. And yes it was a SAUNA in there! Definitely a shock to the senses even as a fan so I can’t imagine what it was like for the players.

Scanlan is #22 for reaL

Quinn, Quin, Quin

Trimboli the quiet assassin

Refhus had a fine game

Offense looked good and will get sharper, few too many drops.

Colgate goalie had good game, especially down low

Gotta rewind tape on D

Porter had a good game

Too many penalties and Man down D poor

Kennedy took over on #11 after his fourth and blanketed him but do miss him up top

Murphy and DiPietro looked fine.

Dearth bounces off people on clears

Varello had a strong game

Bingy chance to iron out kinks but Army gonna be tough in two weeks

A perfect game for me. SU wins but I took Colgate +8.5. So good to see #22 on the field again.

On the downside, I hate the helmet. I understand when Ohio State wears a football themed helmet, but SU lacrosse shouldn't be copying the uniform of another sport. It's like putting a racing stripe on a Lamborghini.

A perfect game for me. SU wins but I took Colgate +8.5. So good to see #22 on the field again.

On the downside, I hate the helmet. I understand when Ohio State wears a football themed helmet, but SU lacrosse shouldn't be copying the uniform of another sport. It's like putting a racing stripe on a Lamborghini.

1581126540510.png

It really kind of looked more like a charley horse to me, but if they were icing it maybe not. I had a massive charlie horse in my abs on Wednesday night and it's still really sore. Granted I'm 48...

Mellen looked slow all game before he went down. His footwork was off. Maybe it was bothering him beforehand

Ha! Well done. You even found an orange one.
All the same, I'll stand by my original post. Putting a racing stripe on a Lamborghini means you would rather be driving a Thunderbird (not that there's anything wrong with a Thunderbird). To quote a wise soul, "A racing stripe doesn't make your car go faster or make your penis bigger." Same goes for lacrosse helmets.

Scanlan is #22 for reaL

Quinn, Quin, Quin

Trimboli the quiet assassin

Refhus had a fine game

Offense looked good and will get sharper, few too many drops.

Colgate goalie had good game, especially down low

Gotta rewind tape on D

Porter had a good game

Too many penalties and Man down D poor

Kennedy took over on #11 after his fourth and blanketed him but do miss him up top

Murphy and DiPietro looked fine.

Dearth bounces off people on clears

Varello had a strong game

Bingy chance to iron out kinks but Army gonna be tough in two weeks

Good post, tried to watch the close defenders but was hard to keep track of everyone. Did Dipetro struggle with 11 initially? Who was Kennedy onto start?

Talk about being late to the game...I got home around 8:00 (9:00 for you east coasters) and, no, I could not stream the game while working. Watching the game on ESPN's replay. Loving what I see, in general. Need to work on the D. This offense is for real and I love the transition game and SU seems to play much better.

Defense could use some work, but when the offense scores so much, the opposition will have their opportunities, so I cannot complain too much.

Scanlon is a good fit. This is a team loaded with guys who can and will score. This should be a fun year in Orange Lacrosse.

After watching a lot of the highlights just wondering... did anybody notice that Aviles got a lot of run? Seemed like he was the third ssdm over Small. Maybe this has to do with Dami's injury... but still says a lot for a true freshman to be trusted with that many minutes at ssdm. IMO its very difficult to ask a young player to learn and play that position year 1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom