Colgate Game... | Syracusefan.com

Colgate Game...

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Syracuse vs Colgate
Friday, February 7, 2019 | 4:00 p.m.
TV: ACC Network | Jay Alter and Ric Beardsley

1581085178388.png

Both the men's and women's lacrosse games are on as planned. The Ensley Athletic Center Box Office is CLOSED this morning. Fans can purchase tickets to our game at http://Cuse.com/Tickets or at the Dome.

Last edited:
Who's coming by my house with the sled dogs to pick me up today?

Thank you Jesus! Have been checking in nonstop to see if the games were going to get canceled. Glad that they're still on. Happy game day everyone! :cool:

so campus is closed.. roads are almost impassible in most areas.. bus routes all over are closed and the game is still on? and on top of that people are gonna have to set up bball and drive home at midnight in a raging blizzed if the winds pick up as expected

so campus is closed.. roads are almost impassible in most areas.. bus routes all over are closed and the game is still on? and on top of that people are gonna have to set up bball and drive home at midnight in a raging blizzed if the winds pick up as expected

Is it really supposed to be like this? I have to shoot down 88 to Binghamton this evening (leaving from Albany around 8:00).

Edit: Looks like the mess is tapering off in both the Binghamton and Albany areas late this afternoon.

4 PM attendance just dropped from 1000 to maybe 500.

The Women are playing Canisius tonight. Unless they're sleeping over, I feel bad for them on the drive back to Buffalo.

we got 9 inches so far north of ithaca. worst part is supposed to be heavy winds as it snow tapers off.. gonna be white out conditions..

* WHEN...Until midnight EST tonight. * IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult. Blowing snow will significantly reduce visibility this afternoon through evening. Scattered power outages possible this afternoon.

Excited for the first game of the season, and relieved to be watching from home it sounds like.

I watched the first half of the Colgate-UNC game and Colgate did ... not look good. Very sloppy all over the field and seemed to be having trouble just passing the ball. I did not realize just how much they lost on defense from last year (new goalie, new SSDM's and I believe two starting defensemen). It showed last Saturday. UNC faced almost no pressure and seemed to be able to do whatever they pleased. Even the clearing game for Colgate was an adventure.

My one concern is that SU will have seen the scoreline from last week and come into the game not taking Colgate seriously (much as they did last year). That and the weather conditions might really put a damper on the game. But, I think given last year's result, it sounds like this game has really been circled for the Orange. Honestly, I'm usually pretty hesitant to predict a big Orange victory, but I think SU should score around 20 goals this game and win by about 12.

This has to be the most excited I've been for an Orange lacrosse season in sometime (probably 2014 with Staats, Rice, Galasso and what was supposed to be a number 1 ranked recruiting class). Hopefully this one lives up to the hype!

Excited for the first game of the season, and relieved to be watching from home it sounds like.

I watched the first half of the Colgate-UNC game and Colgate did ... not look good. Very sloppy all over the field and seemed to be having trouble just passing the ball. I did not realize just how much they lost on defense from last year (new goalie, new SSDM's and I believe two starting defensemen). It showed last Saturday. UNC faced almost no pressure and seemed to be able to do whatever they pleased. Even the clearing game for Colgate was an adventure.

My one concern is that SU will have seen the scoreline from last week and come into the game not taking Colgate seriously (much as they did last year). That and the weather conditions might really put a damper on the game. But, I think given last year's result, it sounds like this game has really been circled for the Orange. Honestly, I'm usually pretty hesitant to predict a big Orange victory, but I think SU should score around 20 goals this game and win by about 12.

This has to be the most excited I've been for an Orange lacrosse season in sometime (probably 2014 with Staats, Rice, Galasso and what was supposed to be a number 1 ranked recruiting class). Hopefully this one lives up to the hype!
They haven’t forgotten last year. They’ll stomp them.

cornell just posptpned its hockey games vs colgate who was already in town so now both teams have to figure out how to get back to colgate for the game tomorrow and then back to ithaca for sunday

Watched a good portion of the game as well. It's amazing as bad as the score was in the end the offense was somewhat capable of getting open looks early in the game. I feel like that is always the case with colgate, at least in the past three years or so. They are capable of getting open looks but tend not to capitalize (except for last year of course). Our D will still need to be on point. D is only as good as the weakest guy and I worry a little about who will be alongside Peter Dearth at SSDM. But along with the complete gutting of the D as Powellfan mentioned they lost Sam Cleveland, who was easily their biggest threat to score in a 1 v 1 situation last year. I feel fairly confident but wouldn't be surprised if we give up a few goals early or something like that.

Who's coming by my house with the sled dogs to pick me up today?

Looks like you're stuck with me in the game thread today. :(

More snow in the driveway then I care to shovel in the next 45 minutes.

I was even going to wear my new hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom