Colgate Gameday... | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Colgate Gameday...

totally random but watching the hopkins / denver game bout 20 mins in b haven’t seen aviles on field once. How he isn’t starter let alone not playing is beyond me. Also why he leave to not play (1game so far yes)? Same with hernandez left to n played in 2 games when was getting loads of time here . Was something just boggled my mind.

From what I read on the Hopkins fanlax page after the game, a couple people asked the same thing and someone said he was dressed but never played. Didn't seem like anyone had an answer but like you said, so far it's just one game.

totally random but watching the hopkins / denver game bout 20 mins in b haven’t seen aviles on field once. How he isn’t starter let alone not playing is beyond me. Also why he leave to not play (1game so far yes)? Same with hernandez left to n played in 2 games when was getting loads of time here . Was something just boggled my mind.
Believe someone said Aviles was in street clothes Saturday vs Denver

gotcha was gonna say that make no sense how he doesn’t touch field. But as said the nice lsm jared hernadez when left to go to hopkins didn’t play much at all. But did not look down sidelines see if aviles was dressed or not

gotcha was gonna say that make no sense how he doesn’t touch field. But as said the nice lsm jared hernadez when left to go to hopkins didn’t play much at all. But did not look down sidelines see if aviles was dressed or not
Fernandez suffered a severe season-ending injury in the preseason prior to his first season at Hopkins that cost him the entire ‘21 season & the majority of the ‘22 season. He played a few minutes in 2 games late in the ‘22 season. He could’ve petitioned for a 6th year but chose not to. Injuries derailed a promising career. He was one of the best ground ball guys I’ve seen at ‘Cuse in the last decade & I think he could’ve eventually been an All-Conference LSM & a terror on the wing had he stayed healthy.

Aviles has been glass since he arrived at Syracuse, not really all that surprising that he is hurt now. Hope for a quick recovery, great kid that is just plagued with nagging injuries.

Last edited:
Believe someone said Aviles was in street clothes Saturday vs Denver

Yup believe he is hurt. Was his Achilles heal here, just couldn't stay healthy consistently. Heck of a player though, he will have some big game for Hop this year.

Good to see that Odierna is not entirely sunshine and roses with the players and was willing to go to the bench when a guy in the unit was screwing up. Caccamo looked good when he came in. Fresh legs can be a good thing too.

Think they have done an excellent job on gbs through two games so not sure I agree there.
I love his sideline demeanor with the players, refs, and even with HCGG.

GFr0GxTXkAAceQK.jpg

Kyle: Caccamo or Borges can move to SSDM. Also mentioned Page and Sageder.

Kyle clearly unaware that Caccamo took over at the third close D spot.

Borges would make some sense but that seem more like a move for next year then expecting him to try and play this year. Sageder and Page make the most sense. I thought Page played some SSDM last year.

Kyle clearly unaware that Caccamo took over at the third close D spot.

Borges would make some sense but that seem more like a move for next year then expecting him to try and play this year. Sageder and Page make the most sense. I thought Page played some SSDM last year.

Page has been playing ssdm for the man down unit. Sageder has been up top with a long pole for the man down unit. Kempney didn’t see much time against Colgate but was in the rotation against Vermont. Jordan Vincent had a short stick against Vermont. Have a hard time believing it will be Borges or Caccamo.

He's got elite speed but ya he's not playing ssdm anytime soon. Really looking forward to his development at midfield, on the 2nd line already as a frosh with this team is impressive.
Hottle reminds me a ton of Sergio Salcido. Smaller build (both 5’7” & Sergio was only listed 6 lbs heavier as a frosh), blazing speed & change of direction with a heavy shot.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom