Colgate Gameday... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Colgate Gameday...

For all the dumb rules complaints in sports the ability to call a clear, a shot, from 50 yds away is pretty dumb..

Even in basketball a shot from half court is not a shot unless it goes in.
It’s all about intent, as the lacrosse rules are written.

Everyone hold on to your kiesters for this game
I'm worried, but some of y'all here explaining the PSU game are making me feel better.

For all the dumb rules complaints in sports the ability to call a clear, a shot, from 50 yds away is pretty dumb..

Even in basketball a shot from half court is not a shot unless it goes in.
if no one is manning the goal, it absolutely is a legitimate "shot" if that's in fact what you're doing, and judged to be.

it's only not considered a shot in basketball for the scoresheet, so players don't get their averages dinged. if a player is fouled in hoops from past half court while shooting, he's going to the line for 3 shots.

'cuse's shot almost went in. ftr, i don't believe they won the backup, but got the call.

The BEST thing to happen for SU is Colgate winning v. PSU. Gate will not sneak up on anyone now. SU is deeper and more talented. The short turn around favors SU in every category (especially given SU's core players only played three quarters and didn't have to travel). I expect SU to win comfortably.

I'm worried, but some of y'all here explaining the PSU game are making me feel better.

SU by 8.5 is high in my mind but I assume the oddsmakers are assuming the next game letdown will come into play and that SU is unlikely to be ambushed after the PSU score and Gate's tendencies now on tape albeit only 1 game.

All that said there are still concerns for this game. I could easily see SU having issues wiht turnovers and the 10 man and this turning into a dog fight for an extended period of time. You can see how if this was an opening game things could spiral like they did for PSU. SU has a lot of veterans on that starting six outside of Joey and Leo and they both already play like upperclassmen. With the PSU game tape and score already out there I will be disappointed if SU isn't prepared for the 10 man and Colgate's O tendencies.

Also, I don't think this year's version of Penn State will be as good as last years. TJ Malone is a great player but they lost a lot of offense and were without their number 1 defenseman -Posey. That said, the Orange cannot take Gate lightly. I expect to see a lot of middies carrying the ball on clears.

Thought the section on Colgate-Penn State was pretty helpful in understanding how the Raiders won. Lots of points already covered here (Coach O needs to have 10-Man Ride tattooed on his forehead), but still helpful. Have to take care of the ball and be prepared for the Colgate goalie to steal a couple. Slide patterns need to be fully understood as well.

concerning the ride also don’t think we do it as much as don’t have usually a ton of speed or size. Don’t get me wrong hiltz had dropped many nasty stick checks to reward us with ball. But overall him , joey n mike now arnt biggest or fastest guys out there. Also with defense being young (tho think have rest of talent in middle of field for a ride) they don’t wanna create more fast breaks for other team or uneven numbers. But so feel should least throw a 10 man once in while specially if ur not known for it can confuse teams.

psu missed a lot of shots. Also as mention matt traynor moved from career at middie to attack along with malone n freshman lehman(looked good) but traynor is more middie then attack. He didn’t go much below wing n was taking outside shots a lot while turning it over a bunch also.

besides cuse psu i watch a lot also as mention in past my dad n family huge psu fans and I even pay for bigten network so my dad and i can watch lax games.

Psu has tendencies to start slow and lose to team prob wouldn’t later in year ! n Totally agree psu goalie was bad he is type if he’s off early on then he’s off rest of game. But when he is on he is very good but gate game he was off n colgate just kept getting under their guys for door step goals. Plus the psu turnovers n offense missing loads of shots def helped. Cuse just plays their game n not down to level of gate they will be fine.

Thought the section on Colgate-Penn State was pretty helpful in understanding how the Raiders won. Lots of points already covered here (Coach O needs to have 10-Man Ride tattooed on his forehead), but still helpful. Have to take care of the ball and be prepared for the Colgate goalie to steal a couple. Slide patterns need to be fully understood as well.

Ya I saw this, this morning, great info on that game.

The BEST thing to happen for SU is Colgate winning v. PSU. Gate will not sneak up on anyone now. SU is deeper and more talented. The short turn around favors SU in every category (especially given SU's core players only played three quarters and didn't have to travel). I expect SU to win comfortably.

I tend to agree with your thoughts here. Clearly Colgate is improved from the last few years but PSU despite 25 turnovers, 8 failed clears, and shaky goaltending still scored 12 goals and probably wins if they don't throw the worst thrown in pass of all time.

I am not expecting SU to win by 10+ but they as you noted have just about every advantage ( more rest, deeper, home game, inability to sneak up etc). It would be a horrific sign for the program and Gait if they somehow lost this game.

I’m thinking of going to the Maryland game, tickets are general admission right and cheapest spot to buy is at the dome box office? Are different games priced differently or are they all a flat rate

I’m thinking of going to the Maryland game, tickets are general admission right and cheapest spot to buy is at the dome box office? Are different games priced differently or are they all a flat rate

SU uses dynamic pricing for games. It was $20 something for Vermont and I think its $20 something for Friday's Manhattan Game It will be $25.00 for Maryland and UVA. The Utah game is like $12.50 a ticket. Usually cheapest is at the Dome directly yes.

I sat about two rows away from the field and the lights are a distraction. Both Vermont and our guys had to adjust to the ball getting lost in the lights.

I sat about two rows away from the field and the lights are a distraction. Both Vermont and our guys had to adjust to the ball getting lost in the lights.
Hundred percent. It was a bigger problem for UVM than it was for us, but that is definitely why Figueras did not catch one of those passes.

colgate has slightly more talent than vermont, but only slightly...i expect another comfortable orange win. i watched the colgate vs. psu replay, psu played as poorly as humanly possible. i did not come away very impressed with colgate but rather very skeptical of tambroni's group...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom