Colgate plays a beautiful brand of basketball | Syracusefan.com

Colgate plays a beautiful brand of basketball

Eric15

Living Legend
Seriously. The ball movement is gorgeous. Every pass has a purpose. It's one cohesive unit working together. Our entire strategy is "let's pray Buddy and Joe get hot."

#55 big man on Colgate. I need someone to explain to me why we can't recruit a player like that (someone with a big body who can calmly back their man down and score on baby hooks) instead of the big men we have year after year who have the coordination of newborn giraffes.

The last time we had any semblance of a big man with a low post game was senior year Rak. That was freaking 6 years ago.

Seriously. The ball movement is gorgeous. Every pass has a purpose. It's one cohesive unit working together. Our entire strategy is "let's pray Buddy and Joe get hot."

#55 big man on Colgate. I need someone to explain to me why we can't recruit a player like that (someone with a big body who can calmly back their man down and score on baby hooks) instead of the big men we have year after year who have the coordination of newborn giraffes.
he can't cover the corner.

The last time we had any semblance of a big man with a low post game was senior year Rak. That was freaking 6 years ago.
I hope this is true, because if not this is going to be a large recurring theme this year where you pass the ball inside, then pass it back out 3 times and all 5 players on our team are chasing the guy who just had the ball while 3 his are constantly wide open.

And if that happens consistently he needs to scrap the zone or call it quits.

The way the game is played now with every team having 3 guys on the court that can hit a 3 pointer, the zone doesn't keep us in games we shouldn't be, it keeps teams in games we should be winning easily.

Dude, don't be fooled. They're not what you just saw.

How much credit is given to our defense to allow them to pass so well? I think a lot.

Against a team who can play even mediocre man to man defense, they couldn’t come close to that performance.

ferguson just had his career high.

how many times in the past few seasons have players hit their career high vs this zone?

its not really that colgate is good as much as it is orange defense is bad.

the zone only works with incredible athletes and even then it still gives up a lot of open shots.

this years team is a sieve.

colgate wasnt really doing anything special. they just passed it inside and that man quxikly moved the ball ...then the defense was on rollerskates...and the next players passed to a wide open man for 3.

any team in the country that watches this tape can do the exact same thing...COLGATE DIDNT DO ANYTHING SPECIAL ...any team with a few 3 point shooters and a big man (which is most teams) will carve this d up unless it gets a lot better.

Against a team who can play even mediocre man to man defense, they couldn’t come close to that performance.
They had a 14 pt lead on Ark in the tournament last year. And they have everyone back. This was always going to be a tougher game than people here thought. If they called themselves a different name, people would have more respect for them.

They had a 14 pt lead on Ark in the tournament last year. And they have everyone back. This was always going to be a tougher game than people here thought. If they called themselves a different name, people would have more respect for them.
Colgate lost to Cornell by double figures four days ago.

ferguson just had his career high.

how many times in the past few seasons have players hit their career high vs this zone?

its not really that colgate is good as much as it is orange defense is bad.

the zone only works with incredible athletes and even then it still gives up a lot of open shots.

this years team is a sieve.

colgate wasnt really doing anything special. they just passed it inside and that man quxikly moved the ball ...then the defense was on rollerskates...and the next players passed to a wide open man for 3.

any team in the country that watches this tape can do the exact same thing...COLGATE DIDNT DO ANYTHING SPECIAL ...any team with a few 3 point shooters and a big man (which is most teams) will carve this d up unless it gets a lot better.
it seemed to me that they shot the lights out. That seems special to me. yes. they moved the ball and are guys were slow covering. But they still made those shots.

Really? I a;ways thought you were smarter than that. At the end of the year, we can find a way to have Lemoyne beating the national champs. Every game is different.

So we’re the 4th best team in New York this year? Maybe 5th since Cornell beat Colgate.

I’m confident this is me over reacting but the fact everything you said is true shows the poor state of the program and how far it’s fallen.

That dude is terrible and can barely walk without falling over .. the only reason he looked semi able is because of the defense we play which allows him 15 minutes to make a completely uncontested decision as to pass , shoot , or dribble .. it’s a very unique opportunity we provide him

Oh, are we doing the “actually Colgate is good”?

We need to acknowledge this is a bad loss.

We knew the D would be bad, but that we would outscore people.

But we should beat Colgate.

The team is what it is. Got to bounce back, but it could get ugly in Atlantis.

It’s one game, but it’s a team that we should beat if the ball was rolled out in a high school gym by a lot.

it seemed to me that they shot the lights out. That seems special to me. yes. they moved the ball and are guys were slow covering. But they still made those shots.
they missed 26 three pointers. thats more than SYRACUSE took...a team which has an offense based on 3 point shooting!

thats not shooting the lights out in my opinion.

17/43 is a good game ...but I have news for you...most teams in NCAA are gonna do something like that on 43 wide open threes.

these are uncontested shots.

the game has changed.

all teams have a few players now who can knock down open 3s.

this zone is about deciding who to leave wide open and that is not gonna work in this era.

unless the zone improves drastically...gonna have to just pray other teams miss. or the entire team gets hot.

but it seems they cracked and reverted to one on one when the pressure got turned up...bad sign as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom