Class of 2025 - Colin Zeller, M, Greenwich HS (CT)/Eclipse | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 Colin Zeller, M, Greenwich HS (CT)/Eclipse

I have a naive question for the HS recruiting evaluators on this board.

Based on the tape, what do you think of the kid? Is he high D1 material?

Tough to say without knowing the level of competition and some other intangibles.

That said he has the size (6'2 200) that colleges are looking for and a Lefty middie cannon is something teams would love to add. I thought I saw one shot right handed on the highlights, he should continue to work on developing a right hand shot. Ability to shoot with either hand is critical at this level if your gonna be a D1 middie.

Hard to tell on tape but he didn't look overly quick. Now again its a highlight reel but didn't notice that quickness you normally see for a D1 recruit. Working on increasing his foot speed should be a priority. A decent amount of looks were time and room but showed an ability to dodge and did finish the time and room looks. He should try and get out to some showcases this summer and get some feedback from coaches and evaluators.

Tough to say without knowing the level of competition and some other intangibles.

That said he has the size (6'2 200) that colleges are looking for and a Lefty middie cannon is something teams would love to add. I thought I saw one shot right handed on the highlights, he should continue to work on developing a right hand shot. Ability to shoot with either hand is critical at this level if your gonna be a D1 middie.

Hard to tell on tape but he didn't look overly quick. Now again its a highlight reel but didn't notice that quickness you normally see for a D1 recruit. Working on increasing his foot speed should be a priority. A decent amount of looks were time and room but showed an ability to dodge and did finish the time and room looks. He should try and get out to some showcases this summer and get some feedback from coaches and evaluators.
you are a keen analyst of talent. I agree with your profile. I watched the videos twice. For a very young big guy, he moves very well, not quick but agile around the goal. He does seem smooth and coordinated, not gawky like some big kids. I think he might be the kind of player Kurst was for SU. Hard to move off his line, able to take on a double. I am optimistic about him.

you are a keen analyst of talent. I agree with your profile. I watched the videos twice. For a very young big guy, he moves very well, not quick but agile around the goal. He does seem smooth and coordinated, not gawky like some big kids. I think he might be the kind of player Kurst was for SU. Hard to move off his line, able to take on a double. I am optimistic about him.

Definitely seems like a player who has the intangibles and skillset to be a high end D1 player. Does seem to move well for his size and is more of a physical dodger then a Curry or Salcido type. A little bit like Mariano. Definitely a guy to keep an eye on, interested to see how he does this summer assuming he attends camps/showcases.

Definitely seems like a player who has the intangibles and skillset to be a high end D1 player. Does seem to move well for his size and is more of a physical dodger then a Curry or Salcido type. A little bit like Mariano. Definitely a guy to keep an eye on, interested to see how he does this summer assuming he attends camps/showcases.
You guys rock.

FWIW, his Dad was second-team AA at Maryland.

You guys rock.

FWIW, his Dad was second-team AA at Maryland.

Has the bloodlines for sure and that also explains why he's comfortable around contact.

This is spot on. Also did like that one play where strips the ball out and clears.

He had two goals against Darien’s first line today.

He’s legit (I believe.)

A lot to like: sees the field well and passes effectively, shoots hard with both hands and with range and accuracy, seems like he might take defense seriously as well. I think he will have lots of offers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom