College Football Sim League | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

College Football Sim League

WHERE WILL I SEE THAT OPTION?
I need to get rid of these scrubs...

I may just start my frosh QB this year and get him ready. Next season i feel good about, i will have a loaded defense.
Exact same place you see the redshirt players option. It will be replaced with Rescind Scholarship at the appropriate time.

I was looking at that this morning. What caught my eye was that it listed players as ILB, S, or CB. I had my own system set up, and his is a little different. I'm going with his lol.

I did the same

http://stagg.gdreports.com/
This guy is the man. After every recruting cycle he breaks down the whole world. Ranks the classes, the players, the conferences.

Can be found in the Stagg forum
http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Topics.aspx?ForumID=51&Timeframe=30
I like his system as a reference point, but if everyone ran his system, the only team in all the world with a competitive advantage would be the creator of the system. I definitely consider his theory as a baseline, but I prefer to have something a little more unique...

Let me know how it works out for you guys.

To be honest, I use his system more for scouting teams than anything else.

I like his system as a reference point, but if everyone ran his system, the only team in all the world with a competitive advantage would be the creator of the system. I definitely consider his theory as a baseline, but I prefer to have something a little more unique...

Let me know how it works out for you guys.

To be honest, I use his system more for scouting teams than anything else.
I completely agree. By his system I had one of the worst teams in D-3 in my first season and was still in the bottom half last year, yet I was able to finish above .500 both years. His stuff is a great jumping of point but in the end its the personal tweaks that can make of break you.

I completely agree. By his system I had one of the worst teams in D-3 in my first season and was still in the bottom half last year, yet I was able to finish above .500 both years. His stuff is a great jumping of point but in the end its the personal tweaks that can make of break you.

Yeah, his system ranks me way low. I finished in the 30s in the WIS in my first year IIRC, and his system had me in the 70s in roster.

Plymouth State, and Fisher are down with the challenge. I didnt bother with the coast guard coach, as it seems he just signed up and walked away lol. Theres no way in hell you cant recruit at least one player haha.

For the FFBC guys, Garmansouth (St John Fisher) was wondering why we were posting in the coaches corner. He thought we all quit lol. I told him to come over here, (Hes a Cuse grad, 88 i think) and that I'd remind you guys about the corner.

We go live tomorrow guys! Get your ducks in a row, and lets get it!

Plymouth State, and Fisher are down with the challenge. I didnt bother with the coast guard coach, as it seems he just signed up and walked away lol. Theres no way in hell you cant recruit at least one player haha.

For the FFBC guys, Garmansouth (St John Fisher) was wondering why we were posting in the coaches corner. He thought we all quit lol. I told him to come over here, (Hes a Cuse grad, 88 i think) and that I'd remind you guys about the corner.

We go live tomorrow guys! Get your ducks in a row, and lets get it!
Ithaca, primed and ready... We will take no prisoners.

This has gotta be the year we take down Plymouth State. I feel it.
I think Ithaca's year will be next year or the year after.. but I am sure as hell going to give him a run for his money... The tough part is he's been around for so long that his recruiting vision is much larger than ours, so he's able to recruit at a higher talent level.. A few more years of sustained success here in Ithaca and there will be a new King of the FFBC... ;)

I think Ithaca's year will be next year or the year after.. but I am sure as hell going to give him a run for his money... The tough part is he's been around for so long that his recruiting vision is much larger than ours, so he's able to recruit at a higher talent level.. A few more years of sustained success here in Ithaca and there will be a new King of the FFBC... ;)

Alfred has some work to do.

Was it you that had a team in a different world also? I'd like to jump on a 2nd team

I do have one in Warner. I am coaching New Jersey over there. I wanted to take a team that I could try to make jumps to higher levels. Made the playoffs in Warner last year and lost to a team that had snuck by me earlier in the year. The team I beat out for the conference championship made it to the 3rd rd of the playoffs. I had a really competitive team there and should have one for the next few seasons before looking for a D2 school.

This has gotta be the year we take down Plymouth State. I feel it.
I like my team a lot this year but next year I'll have 4 guys on the oline that have started every game of there career and a qb who will be heading into his third year of starting. Couple that with an always solid defense and I like my chances!

I like my team a lot this year but next year I'll have 4 guys on the oline that have started every game of there career and a qb who will be heading into his third year of starting. Couple that with an always solid defense and I like my chances!
which team are you?

Does someone have a breakdown of the divisions and who here is the owner? Can't always tell via the GD namesakes.

which team are you?

Does someone have a breakdown of the divisions and who here is the owner? Can't always tell via the GD namesakes.

Just a few that I couldnt remember, If you're the coach of Norwich, Rochester, or Gettysburg, let me know. I'll update the list on page one as well

Freedom Football Conference
East Region
Plymouth State - Keith43 (non sffan.com member)
Coast Guard - Gatordave54 (nonssfan.com member
Merchant Marine - SWFLCUSE
Norwich - jsbutton (ssfan member, just dont remember which one)
Western Connecticut State - BlackKnight76
Worcester Tech - Clev04
West Region
Utica - Finwad32
Alfred - CuseTroop
Hartwick - AirForceOrange
Ithaca - Orangepace
Springfield - SUFaninNJ
St. John Fisher - gamansouth (non ssfan.com member, SU grad)

Centennial Conference
East Region
Franklin & Marshal - Gillyacc (non sffan.com member)
Dickinson - scottleon (non sffan.com member)
Gettysburg - Lddance (syracusefan member, not sure of handle)
Johns Hopkins - OPEN
McDaniel -Billsin01
Muhlenberg- Jekelish
West Region
Hobart - TBCuse11
Rensselaer Tech - OPEN
Rochester - Boomslang1 (sffan member, edowd?)
St. Lawrence - OPEN
Union - JKinPhilly
Ursinus - OPEN

scheduled a scrub for first game to try and build confidence in my bad team... only up 17-13 at the half. A loss, and its time to play the young guys and throw in the towel LOL

I'm up 13-10 on Otterbein at halftime. I'd have thought I'd be up a little more since they've got an average rating of 447, but who knows? I may get upset in my first game ever. At least my kicker drilled a 48 yarder. He should be kicking at a higher level apparently.

Woohoo! Got my first win, 34-20. Offense came alive in the second half, with my RB rushing for 195 yards on 22 carries. My true freshman linebacker led the team with nine tackles, so at least one of my recruits made a big impact.