College Football Sim League | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

College Football Sim League

Thats straight. That will let me use this seasons records and such for seedings.

I'll hit up the other coaches.
I'm full as well, but in for the following season. This is the first season I haven't had a CC on the schedule.

Ithaca here. Going to be a tough season with so many freshman in big roles. That said, I'm not laying down for anyone.

WHAT ARE WE TALKING ABOUT HERE... I MISSED IT.

Centennial vs FFBC challenge. Trying to set one up. Not this upcoming season, but starting it next season. You would have one OOC game a season agains a FFBC school, the conference with the best challenge record wins (awesome trophy name tbd)

any suggestions on how to make this more awesome would be great.

Centennial vs FFBC challenge. Trying to set one up. Not this upcoming season, but starting it next season. You would have one OOC game a season agains a FFBC school, the conference with the best challenge record wins (awesome trophy name tbd)

any suggestions on how to make this more awesome would be great.

ok, like the ACC/Big 10 Challenge... gotcha. So the top guy in each league would play OOC, then the 2nd best, and so on... this is only with people from here right? Not sure Franklin & Marshall would do this LOL.

I say avoid SIM AI teams if at all possible too. We will need a couple more guys to join the Centennial for next season then.

ok, like the ACC/Big 10 Challenge... gotcha. So the top guy in each league would play OOC, then the 2nd best, and so on... this is only with people from here right? Not sure Franklin & Marshall would do this LOL.

I say avoid SIM AI teams if at all possible too. We will need a couple more guys to join the Centennial for next season then.

I'm going to Sitemail the coaches that arent on the board, to see if they are down. I am quite sure that the coach of Plymouth St will be down, he is the FFBC version of F&M. Both were in the final four this year. The only thing they might be worried about, is having a decent chance at a loss, early in the season.

Is that how the acc/big 10 challenge works? #1 seed plays #1 seed, and down?

As for sims, yea, would be great to get a few more in CC, but if we did end up with say, 2 Sim teams in the challenge, I dont think it would be to big of a deal. I would make sure that the FFBC team that played a sim team in the first seasons challenge, didnt play a sim in the next challenge. And hell, we arent good enough coaches to say that a sim team is an automatic win haha.

Let me know your thoughts

I'm going to Sitemail the coaches that arent on the board, to see if they are down. I am quite sure that the coach of Plymouth St will be down, he is the FFBC version of F&M. Both were in the final four this year. The only thing they might be worried about, is having a decent chance at a loss, early in the season.

As for sims, yea, would be great to get a few more in CC, but if we did end up with say, 2 Sim teams in the challenge, I dont think it would be to big of a deal. I would make sure that the FFBC team that played a sim team in the first seasons challenge, didnt play a sim in the next challenge. And hell, we arent good enough coaches to say that a sim team is an automatic win haha.

I think it should be #1 vs #1, #2 vs #2, etc.

Also, I would be for including sims...I can lose to them just as easy...

I dont think its officially the 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, etc... but they certainly stick close to that. the only problem with 1 vs 1 is that Plymouth will play F&M every year lol. Maybe have 1CC vs 2 FF, 1FF vs 2CC, 3CC vs 4FF, 3FF vs 4CC, etc...

good idea though. Will be fun. also, make sure you designate which week of the OOC will be this game each year. My vote would be week 3 or 4.

and what season will be base the matchups on? For instance, this season hasnt even started and we have all of our OOC for NEXT season. When this season concludes, we will use these standings for the Challenge (two seasons away?)

I dont think we can use the season just before a Challenge because you have to pick OOC very early in this SIM league.

I dont think its officially the 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, etc... but they certainly stick close to that. the only problem with 1 vs 1 is that Plymouth will play F&M every year lol. Maybe have 1CC vs 2 FF, 1FF vs 2CC, 3CC vs 4FF, 3FF vs 4CC, etc...

good idea though. Will be fun. also, make sure you designate which week of the OOC will be this game each year. My vote would be week 3 or 4.
and what season will be base the matchups on? For instance, this season hasnt even started and we have all of our OOC for NEXT season. When this season concludes, we will use these standings for the Challenge (two seasons away?)

I dont think we can use the season just before a Challenge because you have to pick OOC very early in this SIM league.

I think week 3 or 4 would be perfect, give us a few games to dial in.

We have until the post season ends to schedule OOC games.
Figure seedings could be made up after the regular season ends, and that will give us enough time to fight about seeds, lol and get our games scheduled

gonna be a looooooong year for Hobart. 4 walk-ons. Had two great recruiting years but this one got away from me.

so i have to cut them AFTER this season, correct? i dont have to redshirt them or anything do i?

gonna be a looooooong year for Hobart. 4 walk-ons. Had two great recruiting years but this one got away from me.

so i have to cut them AFTER this season, correct? i dont have to redshirt them or anything do i?

TBC: Yes...you would have to cut them after this season, before recruiting starts next season...one of the others who have cut players could probably give you specifics. I wouldn't use redshirts on walkons...unless you want to keep them.

TBC: Yes...you would have to cut them after this season, before recruiting starts next season...one of the others who have cut players could probably give you specifics. I wouldn't use redshirts on walkons...unless you want to keep them.

Nope, certainly dont... they are all 325 or less. I find that to be a glitch in this SIM game. Of course i should have had money left over to visit the 4 kids that got away, but they didnt sign anywhere. there is ZERO chance that in the real world a kid would pass up a scholly if it was his only offer. oh well.

got my QB at least. and whoever finishes last in the FFC.. watch out. i will own you in the FCC/CC challenge.

You have a few days after the final four is played out, in the coaching change periods I believe, but maybe before, to "rescind scholarship" for any player on your team. I don't think it's a long period and may only be in the Apply for new jobs phase. Monitor it closely once the season ends.

You have a few days after the final four is played out, in the coaching change periods I believe, but maybe before, to "rescind scholarship" for any player on your team. I don't think it's a long period and may only be in the Apply for new jobs phase. Monitor it closely once the season ends.

WHERE WILL I SEE THAT OPTION?
I need to get rid of these scrubs...

I may just start my frosh QB this year and get him ready. Next season i feel good about, i will have a loaded defense.

I'm nervous about my defense. My secondary looks to be good, and my DL should be okay, but my LBs are pretty weak. The two frosh I brought in are already two of the top four rated guys in the bunch, with two of the returning players in the mid to high 300s, which is just awful.

EDIT: Actually, my 2nd and 3rd highest rated LBs are true frosh. Screw it, I'm starting them both to speed up their improvement. One is a 462 rating, the other is 450. Combined with a returning guy who is 513, that's not a TERRIBLE trio of linebackers, I suppose.

I had six walk ons, terrible work by me. That being said, two of the Walton's are rated 420+, and when I looked at their core attributes they weren't bad at all. Like 37ish WIS ranking. I was dumbfounded.

I'm nervous about my defense. My secondary looks to be good, and my DL should be okay, but my LBs are pretty weak. The two frosh I brought in are already two of the top four rated guys in the bunch, with two of the returning players in the mid to high 300s, which is just awful.

EDIT: Actually, my 2nd and 3rd highest rated LBs are true frosh. Screw it, I'm starting them both to speed up their improvement. One is a 462 rating, the other is 450. Combined with a returning guy who is 513, that's not a TERRIBLE trio of linebackers, I suppose.

im happy with anyone over 500. at this level, its best we can hope for until we get established. i just cant seem to get any OL or DL to play for me.

Question:

Once you redshirt a kid, before games start, can you un-redshirt him and use that redshirt on someone else?

Does anyone else do their depth chart based on the GUESS stuff? Just took a look at it, and some of my players are rated a lot differently there than on their normal points rating. Is it supposed to be much more accurate?

Does anyone else do their depth chart based on the GUESS stuff? Just took a look at it, and some of my players are rated a lot differently there than on their normal points rating. Is it supposed to be much more accurate?

I was looking at that this morning. What caught my eye was that it listed players as ILB, S, or CB. I had my own system set up, and his is a little different. I'm going with his lol.