College Football Sim League | Page 64 | Syracusefan.com

College Football Sim League

GD reports also has a ranking of full rosters, and like it was even a question the Freedom Football Conference has the best avg rating at 43.13 rating. #2- 43.09 (NEFC) #3- 42.16 (Centennial)
FFBC representing!

Nice! Congrats on #9... I was working a recruit right up to the end and was stuck with a walk on, otherwise, I imagine I would have finished top 5... he would have been my second best recruit.

There were two guys I wanted that you had after the first cycle. Can't think of the guys names at the moment

There were two guys I wanted that you had after the first cycle. Can't think of the guys names at the moment
Had to be a DB or TE... those were locked up the fastest. I love the LB I snagged from California.. Guy will redshirt this year and be a beast 4 year starter in Ithaca.

Unfortunately going to have to step down after this season. Looking to save money where I can, and starting a second job soon, so my spare time isn't going to be what it is today. Good luck to the future head coach at WCSU, do my boys proud.

So I'm not going to get into why I'm redshirting my star senior quarterback but I am . Instead, I am playing a freshman quarterback (a very good freshman quarterback mind you). Unfortunately, I didn't do him any favors with my scheduling this year. I'm opening up against Simpson (#8) and he has thrown 6 interceptions all in our own territory. These 6 interceptions have resulted in 27 points. There avg field position on these interceptions is the 25 yard line. If it were not for this, my defense would be close to pitching a shutout. The most inferiorating part is I have not allowed more than 1 first down on any drive.

P.s. Sorry to hear your leaving the game Blacknight

Dominating 50-17 win for Merchant Marine has the fans optimistic about the season. Hopefully the offense keeps the ball rolling!!

Boom! Down goes the #6 team!

I'm getting drunk tonight, yup, drunk tonight!

SWFLCUSE said:
Wow we now have the #1, #2, and #9 team in the conference! It is going to be a dog fight at the top.
wow! Very impressive all!

Unfortunately going to have to step down after this season. Looking to save money where I can, and starting a second job soon, so my spare time isn't going to be what it is today. Good luck to the future head coach at WCSU, do my boys proud.
That's too bad, it's been fun. Best of luck man.

My rFR back up QB threw 2 tds on only 5 pass attempts in a 27-10 victory! When he starts in a few years I will be in good hands.

Edit: I forgot to mention that my win was over the #19 team in the nation, I think I've finally figured out how to game-plan on the offensive side of the ball.

Huge showdown between Orangepace and I tomorrow!! Only one combined loss between the two of use and I am coming off a season best game where I won 67-0 while winning the yardage battle 535 to 102. May the best team win!

SWFLCUSE said:
Huge showdown between Orangepace and I tomorrow!! Only one combined loss between the two of use and I am coming off a season best game where I won 67-0 while winning the yardage battle 535 to 102. May the best team win!

Great game! Looks like Ithaca snuck out with the win.

So I went into this year knowing it was a building year and next year was going to be the year. I had no idea I would struggle this badly however, my freshman qb has been much worse than I anticipated and my defense has been a mess. Next year However, I will be back with a vengeance, and will be competing for a National Championship.

So I went into this year knowing it was a building year and next year was going to be the year. I had no idea I would struggle this badly however, my freshman qb has been much worse than I anticipated and my defense has been a mess. Next year However, I will be back with a vengeance, and will be competing for a National Championship.

I honestly thought it was going to be a rebuilding year too, lost a ton of starters and had 16 fr., but Utica's winning some ball games. The more time I spend on this game the more addicted I get, getting ridiculous.

43zombie said:
Alright fellas, I'm honored for the invite to the Cuse Nation/College Football Sim League smack talk thread. Let the hazing begin...
Keith, welcome aboard. No ill will meant by anything posted regarding Plymouth St previously in this thread. Until last season, beating you was our SuperBowl. But welcome again.

Ahhh, didn't read the past posts, nice. No worries it's all good. Nice to have solid comp every game. Tomorrow's game is no different, another tough one vs. MM.

Ahhh, didn't read the past posts, nice. No worries it's all good. Nice to have solid comp every game. Tomorrow's game is no different, another tough one vs. MM.
Lol... I think they were more along the "david beats goliath" variety. Rarely would we discuss your team with any type of real venom though. More envy at the amount of talent you have accumulated. The conference is quite competitive and seems to only be getting better. I know I for one am not looking to jump anytime soon. Good luck in the last four pack. Hopefully it's me you'll see in the conference championship... :cool:

Alright fellas, I'm honored for the invite to the Cuse Nation/College Football Sim League smack talk thread. Let the hazing begin...

Welcome aboard!!! Still haven't found that right formula to beat you, did get lucky once though. Been fighting up hill all season, next year is the year though. Been a lot to get used to. Have you experienced any difficulty getting accustomed to 3.0? By the looks of it, you have transitioned flawsly.

AFO and I have had nonstop barn burners for as long as I can remember. I've gotten lucky the past 2 but they've been great games. Speaking of AFO, where's he been?

Thanks fellas. I know nothing more than you guys do when it comes to the 3.0 version of this thing. I have done a couple things that seem to be working.
1. Spend practice time on special teams. Never did before but right after the update I got dinged a couple times for TD returns on two punts and a kickoff by teams with much weaker talent. Since I've changed that it hasn't happened since. I've got two teams going, this one and one Heisman, (D3/Lycoming) and both special teams have been solid since.
2. Play your studs more by adjusting stamina times. I've usually relied on my depth and tried to stay fresh but I have noticed that it seems like my studs playing longer has worked and they really haven't seen much decline in their performance once they get tired. Could just be me, but seems to be working.

You guys learn anything new? How about recruiting, any differences?

Few things I've learned...
1) QBs - Lots of us here get really excited by QB recruits and rightfully so, the guy will drive the bus for you... I always redshirt QBs, even if he's the best on your team as a freshman, QB's benefit the most from a RS year.
2) SPT - As 43zombie said, I was burnt last season by this same thing and after adjustment, have been much better.
3) Stamina - Also echo what he said. The only time I have seen fatigue play any issue has been with QBs as I seem to have the primary getting tired on long drives. Otherwise, fatigue has really not had a significant impact on starters playing the whole game.
4) Recruiting - This changed a bit for me, but I found most of my knowledge about this from the forums.. I adjusted significantly how I value certain attributes for certain positions. The most notable change was with technique. Most out there say that other than certain prime positions it's not really a huge factor.. I've gone slightly away from that and expanded on the use of technique with the trench positions. Otherwise, I'm not really certain it's had a significant impact.
5) Defensive game planning has really taken on a new life. I adjusted defenses under v2.0 and it didn't seem to have a significant impact most times, much like TBCuse11 used to elude to. Having the ability to set the depth chart up, I've been able to utilize different defensive personnel which seems to have had a huge impact. What I mean is that when I set my gameplan with relative certainty of run/pass in different situations, I have a different personnel geared towards stopping the run vs. stopping the pass. I haven't been able to realize as much of a difference on offense because there just isn't as much differentiation in the players.
6) In v2.0 it seemed like you couldn't win without going with a 90% pass offense in the playoffs. v3.0 seems to have significantly corrected that, but I'm pretty sure it's mostly because of the defensive changes.

Hopefully this was helpful. I'm always willing to help anyone on here out. Just reach out to me and I can provide as much insight as I'm able considering I cannot see your depth charts and game planning. Well, everyone accept Finwad32 right now because we have quite the showdown coming up!!! ;)

I've been spending a lot more time playing with things in v3.0. Unfortunately, the more time you put in, it seems the better off you are, but I'm addicted for sure. The one thing I will say though is that upsets can and do happen. Sometimes by sheer luck, but most times through competitive game planning.

Hell of a game Finwad32 ! Your defense was stout! After scouting the crap out of you, I lucked out, but it was a nailbiter for me all afternoon. I seriously think you're the team to beat in the conference next season. You don't lose a lot.