College Football Sim League | Page 65 | Syracusefan.com

College Football Sim League

Hell of a game Finwad32 ! Your defense was stout! After scouting the crap out of you, I lucked out, but it was a nailbiter for me all afternoon. I seriously think you're the team to beat in the conference next season. You don't lose a lot.
Thank you sir, I think I've only got 8 to replace... That was good stuff, great season for the Bombers! You and Keith should do some real damage in the tourney.

Finwad32 said:
Thank you sir, I think I've only got 8 to replace... That was good stuff, great season for the Bombers! You and Keith should do some real damage in the tourney.
Yeah, I lose 19 after this season, so hopefully a shirt reload type season. I think both Keith and I should make some serious noise in the playoffs and hopefully we stick the recruiting coffers!

Well we rebounded after that swift ass-kicking from Orangepace yesterday. I don't feel so bad after seeing the beating you delivered today in Rd. 1. Wow.

Had a solid second half today and pulled away from a team that was +2.5 favorite vs. us. Next up a tough Nichols squad.

43zombie said:
Well we rebounded after that swift ass-kicking from Orangepace yesterday. I don't feel so bad after seeing the beating you delivered today in Rd. 1. Wow. Had a solid second half today and pulled away from a team that was +2.5 favorite vs. us. Next up a tough Nichols squad.
You stomped those guys! I played Nichols earlier this season if you're looking for a game to scout.

I have a perennially tough Trinity (TX) tomorrow. Little worries about that one.

Ahhh, did not know that, I'll take a look at that game, thanks! Trinity looks tough but you should handle them pretty well.

43zombie said:
Noooooo, #2 is gone. What?
Still fuming over the loss! Up to you to bring it home Keith!

Still fuming over the loss! Up to you to bring it home Keith!

I think we've still got some left in the tank. And honestly, with not having to face you a second time I've got a much better chance of playing in the finals. Was going to do a very different game plan vs. you, we'll have to save that for another meeting...

I think we've still got some left in the tank. And honestly, with not having to face you a second time I've got a much better chance of playing in the finals. Was going to do a very different game plan vs. you, we'll have to save that for another meeting...
Congrats on the Final Four Keith! Keep storming through. Trinity was a tough draw, so I hope you get payback on those bastards for ousting my Ithaca squad.

Thanks! I'll see what we can do to take care of business for both of us. I'll check out your game vs them and see if I can put together a good gameplan, which is not really one of my strengths...

Thanks! I'll see what we can do to take care of business for both of us. I'll check out your game vs them and see if I can put together a good gameplan, which is not really one of my strengths...
Good luck. They were a well rounded team and I almost pulled it out against them. Trinity's defense is loaded with talent, so that was tough to overcome.

yeah, they're a good team. I've got a couple of mismatches I think I can take advantage of. If that works and I can slow down his running game we've got a chance.

yeah, they're a good team. I've got a couple of mismatches I think I can take advantage of. If that works and I can slow down his running game we've got a chance.
Good luck in the championship game!

Well at least one of us made it. I would have bet it would have been you, but this thing is not always that predictable. He's got a good team and awesome D but we'll give it our best shot to hand him his first loss of the season.

Well at least one of us made it. I would have bet it would have been you, but this thing is not always that predictable. He's got a good team and awesome D but we'll give it our best shot to hand him his first loss of the season.
I'm hoping my first shot isn't too far off... next season is a reloading season though with 19 spots to fill. Good luck and earn me some extra recruiting funds!

I'm hoping my first shot isn't too far off... next season is a reloading season though with 19 spots to fill. Good luck and earn me some extra recruiting funds!

Yeah I've got a big reload next season as well. 17 next season and 19 the following one. It's now or wait three seasons to compete again. You guys are going to take it to us the next couple seasons.

I've actually taken a look at it and have a good match vs him. Where he lacks is speed on D in his front 4 and LB's. I'm also much faster than him vs his offense. We'll see what I can do with that. I think he'll get me for another special teams TD, big mismatch there again...

Well we weren't able to complete the run. Stayed with him the first half but he's got too strong a team for us to compete with this season. Good run but now time to get our asses handed to us for two season while we replace almost 40 players.

Well we weren't able to complete the run. Stayed with him the first half but he's got too strong a team for us to compete with this season. Good run but now time to get our asses handed to us for two season while we replace almost 40 players.

Impressive seasons brutha. I got knocked out round one. Anyone with any tips on passing offense? I can't seem to generate many big plays at mcdaniel

Thanks. I'm no expert by any means, but it's mainly about the player you recruit. QB with high strength, WR with good speed and elusiveness, a good OL with high GI and Tech. And then make sure you're recruiting guys who all are as high as possible in the different formation that you want to run. Obviously you're going to have better luck throwing deep with Trips or the gun rather than trying to force it our of the I. And when all that comes together try throwing it deep in less obvious situations. 3 and 10 is clearly a passing down, mix in a little 2 and short.

Hope that helps.

Thanks. I'm no expert by any means, but it's mainly about the player you recruit. QB with high strength, WR with good speed and elusiveness, a good OL with high GI and Tech. And then make sure you're recruiting guys who all are as high as possible in the different formation that you want to run. Obviously you're going to have better luck throwing deep with Trips or the gun rather than trying to force it our of the I. And when all that comes together try throwing it deep in less obvious situations. 3 and 10 is clearly a passing down, mix in a little 2 and short.

Hope that helps.

I've generally paid most attention to STR/BLK for OL and I found in 20 that speed was by far the quality I valued most in WR, but I think ELU is much more important in 3.0 ATH seems much bigger as well.

I've generally paid most attention to STR/BLK for OL and I found in 20 that speed was by far the quality I valued most in WR, but I think ELU is much more important in 3.0 ATH seems much bigger as well.

Few things that I think really improve the passing game...
  • Always need to be starting a Junior/Senior QB. QB's take a long time to develop in this game. I recommend trying for at least one QB every season and redshirting the recruit. The further along in the development, the better overall the passing game. QBs used only in passing need high Str/GI IMO.
  • OL for passing game places a premium on BLK when compared to STR. That said, I'll always go with a 60BLK/50STR over a 70 BLK/40 STR (just for comparison purposes). ATH/GI are my #3 and #4 attributes in passing OL.

Recruiting starts Wednesday... who else is as excited as I am? I've been scouring for recruits because I have 20 slots to fill this season... This is going to be interesting for sure.

I hope I'm ready. I've got 17 guys to get on board. Time to restock the roster. At least we've got a little extra cash to do it with.

It took me 4 seasons but I learned how to recruit much better and more efficiently. Now, like you're saying, it's nice to have some extra cash to recruit with.

How did the last season turn out for everyone? Did anyone pick up Alfred? I hated dropping the team, and hopefully as I fall into my new position I can pick Alfred, or another team back up down the road.