College Football Sim League | Page 67 | Syracusefan.com

College Football Sim League

Ah hell, shutout in the 2nd half! Are you kidding me?!? OP you got me again, nicely done. Actually if you count your boys taking it to ND - my alma mater, last week you've basically owned me this year. We'll see if we can't meet up again in the semis. Good luck to you and Fin.

Ah hell, shutout in the 2nd half! Are you kidding me?!? OP you got me again, nicely done. Actually if you count your boys taking it to ND - my alma mater, last week you've basically owned me this year. We'll see if we can't meet up again in the semis. Good luck to you and Fin.
Thanks man. Your offense shredded me in the first half, so I went back to the drawing board in the second. My defense responded really well and my offense got off their asses in the second half. Great game man! Let's represent our conference well boys!

Halftime looking good for you boys... I don't know that Dawgnutz and Lake Forest do a ton of scouting, I'm optimistic going into the 2nd Half... GET IT!!!

Utica with the big win in 2OT! Great game! Sorry to see Plymouth bow out in the first round. Good luck next season Keith.

Looks like I'm the underdog to Texas Lutheran in this next game! Never made it out of the 2nd round of the tournament, so I'm looking to write the record books here in Ithaca.

Well, had my a$$ handed to me by UWP. Tough team. Will exact revenge on that guy in a few seasons for sure. Time to gear up for the offseason.

Been out of the loop, havent been on since the end of last season. How did the season end up for everyone? Anyone know how Worchester Tech finished up? Im sure they didnt fair so well with all computer recruits.

Anyone interested in jumping to D2? The following conferences have openings (with number of openings each):
  • D2 - Central - 8 - Not very competitive. 1 Juggernaut.
  • D2 - Great Lakes - 8 - Very competitive. 2 Juggernauts and one above average.
  • D2 - Gulf South - 8 - Not very competitive. 1 Juggernaut.
  • D2 - Lone Star - 8 - Very competitive. 2-3 very competitive to Juggernaut status.
  • D2 - Mid-America - 8 - Very competitive. 2 Juggernauts.
  • D2 - North Central - 8 - Very competitive. 2 Juggernauts.
  • D2 - Northeast - 8 - Most competitive. 3 Juggernauts.
  • D2 - Northern Sun - 7 - Very competitive. 2 Juggernauts. Very active on message board league.
  • D2 - Pennsylvania St - 8 - Uber competitive. 3 Juggernauts.
  • D2 - Rocky Mountain - 8 - Very competitive. 2 Juggernauts.
  • D2 - South Atlantic - 8 - Competitive. 1 Juggernaut.
  • D2 - Southern Intercollegiate - 9 - Competitive. 1 Juggernaut.
Central looks the easiest with Gulf South not far behind. Northeast, Lonestar and Pennsylvania look really tough. Northern Sun was definitely the most active the last few weeks on the message board. Once interesting thing to note.. There are 19 conferences in D3, allowing for 13 at large bids to the NT. There are 12 conferences in D2, allowing for 20 at large bids. So turnarounds should be able to happen quicker at the D2 level.

What do you guys think? Should we try to move?

I'm down with the move... Just need to decide which conference
Which squad are you?

If the other guys are in, I'll go. If not, I'll finish out this season and then consider the jump then.

gmancuse said:
Finally Found this Thread! This is garmansouth! lets move up!
welcome man! I definitely want to move. Just trying to figure out timing.

Btw... The Hoops Dynasty thread is a few below this one in the same forum.

I'm in for the move next season. Sorry I didn't get back to you guys sooner but at least now we have some time to better plan for the jump!

Looks like some good competition at the higher levels. I'm fine with making the jump as well. Dislike the idea of having to turn another program around, but I'll survive. Lol.

43zombie said:
How's recruiting going for everyone? 16 down, one more guy to go, but pulled a pretty fair class.
same here. 1 to go. Not my best class ever, but pretty high up there.

Now we're done. Didn't get the DII LB I was battling for but I added a little more quality depth at DB which I desperately need.

Still trying to wrap up myself. Hopefully after this next cycle.

Fair class here. I had some extra funds so went after a couple D-II guys with my last spot but didn't want to put as much into the battle as I would've had to.

Actually looking back, I still have that one position open but am out of cash. Have 1 schollie left on the table, so hopefully the guy accepts and wraps this up. That said, I think I actually had a very good class. This class should be top 15. I have at least 9 D2 type guys that I can tell from the scouting reports.

I'd love a move to DII if everyone is into that for next job change period. Recruiting was solid at McDaniel. Should be an interesting season but I'm going to have to work some magic to contend for a playoff bid I would think.

I'd love a move to DII if everyone is into that for next job change period. Recruiting was solid at McDaniel. Should be an interesting season but I'm going to have to work some magic to contend for a playoff bid I would think.
I think most of us in FFBC are making the move as well. I'm on board.