College Football Sim League | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

College Football Sim League

Accepted exhibitions with Union and Hartwick, and added Buff State.

There's no way to schedule OOC games if you don't buy an additional season?

Roger, you cant schedule OOC games for next season unless you are already paid for the upcoming season

So i have an exhibition game tomorrow... how do the games themselves work? is the whole game SIMMED and then u get the results via your inbox on the site?

So i have an exhibition game tomorrow... how do the games themselves work? is the whole game SIMMED and then u get the results via your inbox on the site?

In the morning, the first half will be simmed. On your team homepage (office) you will see the score, and be able to check out the box score. In the PM, the 2nd half will be simmed, and you will see the final results.

I'm not sure about the exact times. When I come into work at 7:30, (11:30am east coast) the first half is posted. I believe around either 10, or 2pm my time, the 2nd half is posted.

Man, I spent way too much money on my first cycle. Im in trouble!!!

I'm not sure about the exact times. When I come into work at 7:30, (11:30am east coast) the first half is posted. I believe around either 10, or 2pm my time, the 2nd half is posted.

CAN YOU MAKE IN GAME ADJUSTMENTS AT HALFTIME?

I'm setting custom game plan's, this game is ridiculously intricate.

Exhibition games will SIM all at once. In other words, the entire game takes place overnight [I believe at the 3am EST refresh], and the box score will be available after that.

All other games SIM only the first half at the 3am EST refresh. So, in the morning you'll have a box score of only the first half, and you will be able to make half time adjustments provided you do so before the second half "plays" at the 3pm EST cycle.

I am in the Leahey League and had a question for some of you guys who play this more often. If I switched say a linebacker who has the attributes that would suggest a great QB (Strength, Game-Instinct, Technique) would he turn into a good QB even though that wasnt his position coming from HS?

Spent about 8k of my 36k today. Hit all my recruits at least a bit, took some visits to my primary targets. Hoping to draw out the interests and go from there.

Spent about 8k of my 36k today. Hit all my recruits at least a bit, took some visits to my primary targets. Hoping to draw out the interests and go from there.

How many open schollies, 12?

PS, I'm scouting your players girlfriends right now, John Meyers is gonna get sacked 47 1/2 times tomorrow. ;)

I am in the Leahey League and had a question for some of you guys who play this more often. If I switched say a linebacker who has the attributes that would suggest a great QB (Strength, Game-Instinct, Technique) would he turn into a good QB even though that wasnt his position coming from HS?

NO!

Some positions translate better to others, but this feature is EXTREMELY LIMITED in the current game. It used to be that you could find DBs that would convert into super fast LBs [for example], or LBs that converted to really fast DL.

But this feature has since been significantly de-emphasized to the point where it almost isn't worth it. Using your example from above, let's just say you had a linebacker prospect with all of the right attributes to make a good QB. If you tried converting him, his scores on some of those attributes would drop SIGNIFICANTLY, as the SIM re-baselines what his attributes would be after he converts to QB.

About the only two that work at all anymore are DB to LB, and LB to DE--and even then, both in a very limited capacity. While position changes were once a cool, robust feature of the game, I wouldn't recommend going this route any more.

Edit: the one exception to this is kicker / punter. You can take either position and change them to the other without too much of a dropoff. But with the volume of kickers and punters out there, there really isn't a need to do this ever.

NO!

Some positions translate better to others, but this feature is EXTREMELY LIMITED in the current game. It used to be that you could find DBs that would convert into super fast LBs [for example], or LBs that converted to really fast DL.

But this feature has since been significantly de-emphasized to the point where it almost isn't worth it. Using your example from above, let's just say you had a linebacker prospect with all of the right attributes to make a good QB. If you tried converting him, his scores on some of those attributes would drop SIGNIFICANTLY, as the SIM re-baselines what his attributes would be after he converts to QB.

About the only two that work at all anymore are DB to LB, and LB to DE--and even then, both in a very limited capacity. While position changes were once a cool, robust feature of the game, I wouldn't recommend going this route any more.

Edit: the one exception to this is kicker / punter. You can take either position and change them to the other without too much of a dropoff. But with the volume of kickers and punters out there, there really isn't a need to do this ever.

Good thing I asked, haha. another question if ya don't mind, do the ratings of these players go up relativley quickly? Or is a guy who is rated a 350 never really gonna make it far?

Make the jump to Stagg next season!