College Football Sim League | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

College Football Sim League

RF, what is your old moniker in GD? Have we battled before? I am Displacednyr in GD.

Your info for everyone is top notch !! Kudos to you for sharing !

I am putting this out there now before rumors start swirling...

yes, my team is scared of cusetroops team and declined an ex. game....

Damn, that is hard to admit, smh...

LOL !

Gents, please do not disclose your monetary situation. Other coaches can use that to gain an edge on how you stand in recruiting.
People were trying to get a gauge. I see no harm here. Not like I plan to detail my every move.

RF, what is your old moniker in GD? Have we battled before? I am Displacednyr in GD.

Your info for everyone is top notch !! Kudos to you for sharing !

I'm actually in my last season right now, in Rockne world. I've been playing since season 2, and I think the current season is 91. I think I've been coaching since 2005 or 2006, so I've been a long timer in GD. My handle is "rdawg."

I've really enjoyed the game, I've had fun, and I've gotten pretty good at it. The problem is, every 18 months or so, they completely revise the game engine to change how it runs and you have to re-learn how to play what amounts to a new game. But as with most launches of new software, there are always unintended flaws in how the new game engine runs, so they make minor incremental updates to try to correct the flaw [which usually result in other unintended consequences]. And then after about a year or so, they decide to revamp how the game plays to correct all of the amalgamated bugs. Wash, rinse, repeat.

But don't be discouraged! This is a VERY COOL game, one that I've enjoyed for many years. I've won 7 championships [I think] across multiple levels, including at D1. I just don't have the time or patience to learn a new game yet again when they launch the next version in a few months.

Recruiting is a lot of fun--so enjoy! I hope you all enjoy Gridiron Dynasty as much as I did.

Bring it on! My team beat Union College 16-14. Beware of my...kicker.

lol my kicker was 0-3 on FG. uh oh !! what team are you? I dont know who has who... i just know most of you arent in my conference. maybe next season we can get it full as well.

Ok...for those recruits showing red already...those already considering SIM AI coached teams...should I not waste my time or should it be fairly easy to get them to consider my team?

Ok...for those recruits showing red already...those already considering SIM AI coached teams...should I not waste my time or should it be fairly easy to get them to consider my team?

i hope they are gettable, because 90% of my targets are RED

lol my kicker was 0-3 on FG. uh oh !! what team are you? I dont know who has who... i just know most of you arent in my conference. maybe next season we can get it full as well.
I have Springfield College. They were a D2 school when IC used to play them in the 80's.

It doesn't appear that I can redshirt anyone. For most positions I either have the exact number I need or one additional player. Also, it seems that I have more current seniors than I have scholarships to offer. I would think that number would be at least equal.

It doesn't appear that I can redshirt anyone. For most positions I either have the exact number I need or one additional player. Also, it seems that I have more current seniors than I have scholarships to offer. I would think that number would be at least equal.

wow you must be stacked. title in year 1?? i have 18 schollys open

Not at all. 15 schollies open. I was just concerned that I lose 17 or 18 to graduation, and only bring in 15.

Wait, what??? Whoever you bring in this year will be FROSH, they will be added o your current roster. That will bring you to the total we all get (50 whatever it is...) After this season, when the seniors leave... you wil get that many schollys for next recruiting season. I believe anyways

Wait, what??? Whoever you bring in this year will be FROSH, they will be added o your current roster. That will bring you to the total we all get (50 whatever it is...) After this season, when the seniors leave... you wil get that many schollys for next recruiting season. I believe anyways

pretty sure thats correct. The recruits you are bringing in now, will replace the seniors you lost last season. these recruits will be eligible to play in your first non conference game

pretty sure thats correct. The recruits you are bringing in now, will replace the seniors you lost last season. these recruits will be eligible to play in your first non conference game

This is something I keep forgetting, originally I was wondering how I was going to fill all of my openings but then I keep remembering these recruits are coming in right away. Had to re work how I was going to recruit. Now im just wasting time untill I use up all my money on the next recruiting cycle. Looks like the Worchester tech fans will be calling for my head like im Greg Robinson in a year or two!

This is something I keep forgetting, originally I was wondering how I was going to fill all of my openings but then I keep remembering these recruits are coming in right away. Had to re work how I was going to recruit. Now im just wasting time untill I use up all my money on the next recruiting cycle. Looks like the Worchester tech fans will be calling for my head like im Greg Robinson in a year or two!

Yeah...you are recruiting for the upcoming/this season, not next season.

lol I didnt get fired from my 2-25 basketball team this season, I think you will be alright! I think (and some of the pros can let us know if I'm right or wrong) that its almost impossible to get fired from a D3 school. D2, or D1 it happens