College Hoops Sim League Thread | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

College Hoops Sim League Thread

Here we go boys... this season could be crazier than last, but Alfred should be in the top 20 come season's end. Good luck to you both.

Thanks to the new app, I didn't get a notification about your boy... Son of a...
Ha, shame, too. He didn't wind up signing anywhere, so I may go after him next year as a JUCO transfer.

On another note, I'm 1-1 to start the year. Lost by 12 to the #14 (they were favored by 23, so hey, it's a small victory) and then beat a team by 38 (after being favored by 4). In the second game, my boy KJ went for 23 and 10 dimes. My season will rise or fall on his play, I've discovered.

Also, my sophomore transfer PF had 14 and 8 in the win...and has already improved by 9 overall points. That's solid. He should be up over a 500 rating well before conference play starts.

Off to a 5-1 start! Just knocked off the #6 team in the nation, handing them their first loss. My loss was to some dope team, so I cannot brag yet, but Alfred is off to the races!

CuseTroop - You had a heck of a start, but two tough losses today. Keep your chin up lad.
jekelish - You had a tough schedule to start, but I expected better than 2-4 from Kevin Johnson!

Off to a 5-1 start! Just knocked off the #6 team in the nation, handing them their first loss. My loss was to some dope team, so I cannot brag yet, but Alfred is off to the races!

CuseTroop - You had a heck of a start, but two tough losses today. Keep your chin up lad.
jekelish - You had a tough schedule to start, but I expected better than 2-4 from Kevin Johnson!
Make that 2-5, as I just played another tough team. I've played three teams ranked in the top 25 along with a couple others that all have average player ratings of well over 500, so it's definitely been a brutal early season schedule. Hopefully we'll right the ship second half of the non-conference season.

Well, non-conference portion of the schedule is over. I'm sitting at 5-5, which isn't bad all things considered (and since I apparently had the 29th hardest schedule in the country).

I've also locked onto the freshman who I think will wind up being my next stud, as he's improved by 20 points through 10 games despite not getting a lot of run as a backup small forward, only getting 12.8 minutes per game. He's up to 469, hoping he'll surpass 500 by the end of the season.

CuseTroop said:
Alright, vaca is over. Lets do this shiz.
I'm going to apply at some higher schools. May still return though.

I'm going to apply at some higher schools. May still return though.

Let me know what you find.

I think I am going to drop football for a month or so. I start my new job soon, and dont know if I will have the same free time that I have with my current job, lol.

I signed up for another season, though it may be a step down from a season that was already a bit disappointing, what with the loss of my two best players.

Let me know what you find.

I think I am going to drop football for a month or so. I start my new job soon, and dont know if I will have the same free time that I have with my current job, lol.
No worries. Will let you know. I'm going to stick with football, but drop my second team there... No need to keep that team.. Ithaca is fun to dominate with though now that I've gotten my roster built out over there.

Congrats on the new gig!

I signed up for another season, though it may be a step down from a season that was already a bit disappointing, what with the loss of my two best players.
Same here... To stay with my current team I'd have 8 open schollies for next season at Alfred... That would be some serious regression next season.

Same here... To stay with my current team I'd have 8 open schollies for next season at Alfred... That would be some serious regression next season.

Did you jump?

CuseTroop said:
Jek and I applied for teams in your conference. YOU CANT SHAKE US!! Lol I took north Alabama
love it!!!

CuseTroop said:
Jek and I applied for teams in your conference. YOU CANT SHAKE US!! Lol I took north Alabama

Congrats! You both made it in! I tried to get in D1, but not good enough yet. I'm planning a long run at this level.

I'm a little annoyed though. I applied to two, I didn't realize they would just automatically assign me one of them, since they gave me the one I didn't really want. Ah well.

I'm a little annoyed though. I applied to two, I didn't realize they would just automatically assign me one of them, since they gave me the one I didn't really want. Ah well.

Which one did you apply to first? I was wondering how that would work.. I only applied to one, but started to worry about not getting it, and being stuck at Keuka another season

Which one did you apply to first? I was wondering how that would work.. I only applied to one, but started to worry about not getting it, and being stuck at Keuka another season
I applied to the one I got first and then added a second school. I assumed they would let me choose. Oh well.

Here we go... recruiting will be intense this go around.

I may have to join the world you guys are in I've always wanted to coach basketball so this would be a good start.

I've got one of my targets locked up, and I'm working on the other. My budget was crap to begin with, though. I didn't have any open scholies so I cut two weak players, but realized they didn't give me any more for my budget so it's shoestring.

jekelish said:
I've got one of my targets locked up, and I'm working on the other. My budget was crap to begin with, though. I didn't have any open scholies so I cut two weak players, but realized they didn't give me any more for my budget so it's shoestring.

Well if you can't get anyone, just let it take two walk ons and the money will be there next year when the walkons cycle out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom