College Hoops Sim League Thread | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

College Hoops Sim League Thread

idk what the deal is with Armstrong.. Maybe not enough ATH for a PG? other than that, everything is great. What do you have him set at for 3s?

Johnson should be getting way more touches. Bump his distro up a few notches, it wont effect Armstong, as they wont be in the game at the same time.

bailey is a beast, I need two of him on my team

I have him set at +1 for threes. And yeah, I bumped Johnson up a bit. The unfortunate thing with Bailey is that at 49, he's already pretty much maxed out for low post, unfortunately. Rebounding and shot blocking, however, he's ridiculous and still getting better since he has a 78 work ethic.

also, I'd cut watson next season. With 14 ATH, he isnt gonna be worth a .

Yeah, that was a situation where I literally had no other SG on my roster, and my only guy at that position is a senior so I needed to get SOMEone on my roster at that position. With him having a 69 work ethic I was hoping he could make up for the ATH but he hasn't improved at all in that area yet this year.

This season is out of control for my squad right now.. 0-4 and reeling.. My guards are shooting horribly. I need to figure something out and quick...

It's tough because I'm switching defenses and it's killing me. By midseason, hopefully their knowledge of the defense will be much better. Having 10 So/Fr is definitely not the way to go.

This season is out of control for my squad right now.. 0-4 and reeling.. My guards are shooting horribly. I need to figure something out and quick...

It's tough because I'm switching defenses and it's killing me. By midseason, hopefully their knowledge of the defense will be much better. Having 10 So/Fr is definitely not the way to go.

Those PGs you have with under 15 ATH, are worthless. I've found that anything less then 30 ATH for any position, is garbage. Abbot looks like he is going to be pretty nice tho.

I'd start Holoman at SG, give Miles some time to improve.

I'd put Corrigan in at back up PG, as well as back up SF, see how he handles that stamina wise. Both he and McErlean would be better at PG then any PG you have outside of holoman and Abbot.

I lost the last 3. Sitting at 6-4. Made a few changes, we will see.

Man, I thought I beefed up my OOC sched to get my SoS up... Its worse than last year lol

My experimental season has me at 6-6. I've realized some recruiting mistakes I have made since I've started, and hopefully with my next class I can turn that around. I'm learning a ton more about distro, and how to set my depth charts.

I think I'm going to join another world, using what I know now, and end up at a D2 school. I wanna stay here at Keuka in Phelen tho.

My freaking team is awful. 2-9 and no signs of getting better. No idea what the issue is, honestly.

EDIT: Make that 3-9, and I have my first injury to contend with. My sophomore starting PG is injured, so I inserted my freshman PG and suddenly, after one game in the staring lineup, he's only one rating point shy (456 to 455) of my sophomore. I think my freshman point guard has just won himself the starting gig from here on out, especially since he promptly scored 18 on 6-of-8 shooting in his first ever start.

My freaking team is awful. 2-9 and no signs of getting better. No idea what the issue is, honestly.

EDIT: Make that 3-9, and I have my first injury to contend with. My sophomore starting PG is injured, so I inserted my freshman PG and suddenly, after one game in the staring lineup, he's only one rating point shy (456 to 455) of my sophomore. I think my freshman point guard has just won himself the starting gig from here on out, especially since he promptly scored 18 on 6-of-8 shooting in his first ever start.

knock on wood, but after 4 seasons with football and basketball, I havent had a single injury.

On your 3-9 team, I think we are recruiting all wrong. More on that to come. I have to do a couple hours of work.

Sitting at a nice and pretty 0-13 right now... I hope that records vs. the spread are an indication of how well I'm coaching because I'm sitting at a beautiful 10-3 vs. the spread.

That all said... watch out for my squad next season and the season after... My avg rating increase as of now is 30 pts. Simple math says that after 39 games, my avg player rating will have increased a whopping 67 pts. THAT'S F@CKING INSANE! No team in the conference is even close to that at the moment. My true freshman PG has already seen his rating pop 49 points! You all are in some soon. You heard it here first!

Troop... I know you said you thought I had some shitty players, but if I keep on this improvement as a team, in 2 seasons, I'm looking at a team rating beginning around 560.. That'd be solid!

Abbott up another 5 after Game 1 today... That puts him at +54 at the midpoint of the season... Watch the hell out!

Sitting at a nice and pretty 0-13 right now... I hope that records vs. the spread are an indication of how well I'm coaching because I'm sitting at a beautiful 10-3 vs. the spread.

That all said... watch out for my squad next season and the season after... My avg rating increase as of now is 30 pts. Simple math says that after 39 games, my avg player rating will have increased a whopping 67 pts. THAT'S F@CKING INSANE! No team in the conference is even close to that at the moment. My true freshman PG has already seen his rating pop 49 points! You all are in some soon. You heard it here first!

Troop... I know you said you thought I had some shitty players, but if I keep on this improvement as a team, in 2 seasons, I'm looking at a team rating beginning around 560.. That'd be solid!

I didnt say they were shitty, lol. (I think). I just meant that some of there ATHs that are in the teens and 20s are going to kill them, no matter what their other ratings are.

by the way, my team is 7-8, going down hill fast. I think I have the distro down for this team, just an extreme lack of talent. Some of my players have good numbers, but are worthless in the position they are listed as. I have a senior PG whos a 562, who doesnt have the ball handling or the passing for a PG. He's my starting SF. The closest thing I have to a center is my Soph C 538. But his Speed and Defense is horrible. He has great work ethic, so I think he can grow.

I've got some work to do. I think everything that I have been doing has been pretty much wrong lol.

I didnt say they were shitty, lol. (I think). I just meant that some of there ATHs that are in the teens and 20s are going to kill them, no matter what their other ratings are.
You didn't officially, but I read behind the wording... Most of those guys with bad ATH are from the first season of recruiting... Not much you can really do there because I had like 2 days to figure out how to even recruit. Those guys will slowly be worked out of the system in my best reinactment of Calhoun.

So I'm gonna spend the rest of the day checking these out. I've gone through some of it before. I'm sure some of you guys have already checked it out

They keep saying get yourself a mentor, I recommend it as well. In just a few sitemails with a guy, he looked at my team, totally crushed it, and gave me a few tips on how to make it better. All starts with recruiting next season.

http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=461439
http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=453763&page=1

The last msg I got from the guy helping me out seemed like something that everyone might need.

"The key for every team is to have a mix of players that can do different things. So, even at D3, you want to have a player in the 85+ range in every category. It's not always possible and they may be terrible in a few, but that's the way to build. Here's the quick answer to your question (in order of importance):
PG - BH, P, SPD, PER, FT, ATH
SG - PER, P, BH, SPD, ATH, FT
SF - ATH, SPD, LP, PER, BH
PF - ATH, REB, LP, SB
C - REB, ATH, SB, LP
Note that with guards, you still want ATH + SPD to equal ~120 when fully developed at D3. However, a C could have a 50 ATH and 1 SPD and still be good. It's a little odd that way.
Also, DEF is always important! At D3, every starter on a m2m should be at least 50. However, a zone team can afford to mix in 1 bad DEF rating (maybe 2 as long as they aren't both guards or both forwards) as long as the average of the starters is still in the 40s or 50s."

Just had to check it out... my 1-23 Alfred squad is a remarkable 18-6 vs. spread.

So next season, I think I may cut one of my jrs + walkon + sr pg. That will at least balance the classes a little more. Likely RS one of my fr next year too.. That'll put my classes at 4-4-4-1. Much better distribution than 5-6-0-1. Yikes.. Oh the effort.

Abbott finished the season with improvement of 95 pts. That's one hell of an improvement.

Damn man thats a good looking PG, Gonna be crazy to see where he is at his Senior year

I got 83 out of my frosh PG.
http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=2544162
I expected more out of my frosh SG that I picked up, I'm mainly hoping his Perimeter and passing goes up some more. I think I'll see more out of him next year when he is a starter.
http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=2544163
add in my Soph C, and these 3 are the first blocks in the Keuka rebuilding project.
http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=2516416

Damn man thats a good looking PG, Gonna be crazy to see where he is at his Senior year

I got 83 out of my frosh PG.
http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=2544162
I expected more out of my frosh SG that I picked up, I'm mainly hoping his Perimeter and passing goes up some more. I think I'll see more out of him next year when he is a starter.
http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=2544163
add in my Soph C, and these 3 are the first blocks in the Keuka rebuilding project.
http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=2516416
Love that PG. I'm currently offering bags of cash to your C to transfer.

Love that PG. I'm currently offering bags of cash to your C to transfer.

man, I'd give him my wife, if thats what he needed to stay, lol

I'm determined to make this Keuka team a contender, at least in my own conference lol Hopefully in a few seasons we will have something

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom