College Hoops Sim League Thread | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

College Hoops Sim League Thread

Won the conference tourney for the second season in a row. And for the second season lost to the number one team in the first round of the national tourney. Not sure how i have had to face the number one ranked team as a fifteen seed two seasons in a row... :confused:

Sent from Kindle Fire HD

Somehow my team finished 5-22. I renewed for the next season, because I only have one open scholarship (unless I decide to cut someone), and my team should be pretty strong across the board (four players rated between 522 and 580, plus my rising sophomore PG rated 499 after improving by an insane 73 points over the course of the last season).

Plus, I have the last two conference rookies of the year, so I'm building SOMEthing, anyway.

Recruiting is going to be...different, to say the least, for me. I only have one open scholarship (unless I cut someone, which I doubt I will).

Damnit CuseTroop, we're chasing after the same SG.

It's okay though, I'm also chasing a PG who I would plan to turn into a SG.

eh man, I had a crazy weekend/monday. Woke up in a daze today wondering What happened. Almost forgot to recruit lol. I like this guy, we can either battle for him, or make a deal. No reason to burn through recruiting money,

eh man, I had a crazy weekend/monday. Woke up in a daze today wondering What happened. Almost forgot to recruit lol. I like this guy, we can either battle for him, or make a deal. No reason to burn through recruiting money,
Ha. My other top priority has me listed as his only option, so you can have Lambert as far as I'm concerned. I like Lambert, but my other guy is my #1 target and now that I think I have him basically locked up I'm good, since I only have one open spot on my roster.

Next time we battle for a recruit, you back off though. Ha.

Ha. My other top priority has me listed as his only option, so you can have Lambert as far as I'm concerned. I like Lambert, but my other guy is my #1 target and now that I think I have him basically locked up I'm good, since I only have one open spot on my roster.

Next time we battle for a recruit, you back off though. Ha.
lol deal brotha. might need a reminder

Well, my top target is locked up. I'm assuming he'll sign when the clock strikes 8:01 PM EDT.

My team's average rating is 508 right now. He's a 447 point with the ability to play the 2, and he's got a 67 work ethic so I'm excited and fully expecting him to be over 500 by the end of the season, and probably starting at the 2 for me.

Well, my top target is locked up. I'm assuming he'll sign when the clock strikes 8:01 PM EDT.

My team's average rating is 508 right now. He's a 447 point with the ability to play the 2, and he's got a 67 work ethic so I'm excited and fully expecting him to be over 500 by the end of the season, and probably starting at the 2 for me.

jek, do you use Future Stars Scouting?

I do not. That's an extra thing to pay for, isn't it?
Roger that, I did it the first season, and didnt really understand what I was doing, and didnt do it after. After talking with someone who has played the game for years, he told me that I was an idiot to not atleast do the state that my school is in. He also recommended that I choose a small state cheap (like vermont) to get a 10% discount.
So, without FSS, we are judging how a player is going to develop, pretty much off WE. With FSS I can see where and how much each player in that state was going to develop.
Like that SG we were both going after. All you could see was his numbers now, and that he had 49 WE. With FSS I could see that he had high potential in Speed, ATH and Ball handling. everything else was pretty much low. (Thinking back, I should have let ya have him, lol I thought he had higher potential in passing)

The guy I was talking to says without FSS it is impossible to find diamonds in the rough within your state. He says the players that start out as 420s, and end in the 700s can only be found with FSS.

This is my first season using it again.

I always at least scout my state...

That said, I have 3 open schollies and limited money, so I waited until just now to start recruiting... will let you all know how it goes.

BOOM! Got my guy signed. My roster is ready for the next season.

Yep, I broke out an Excel sheet for my roster.

upload_2013-9-25_19-37-40.png

Last edited:
I just looked up the players who have already signed. Out of all of them, of the non-transfers (so 4 year players) my one guy is the 11th highest rated guy. I'm very happy with that.

I think if I can stick with this for another season, I can put together a damn fine squad when my 6 current juniors are seniors next year. After that...oof. It'll be tough.

spaced out and forgot to add my new players to the depth chart, lol Dropped the first game, but won the 2nd. Fixed (i think) the distro for my freshmen, we should be good to go!

spaced out and forgot to add my new players to the depth chart, lol Dropped the first game, but won the 2nd. Fixed (i think) the distro for my freshmen, we should be good to go!
I had forgotten too... Updated my roster before teh second game and decided to try something new starting tomorrow... can't absorb another 2 win season.

Uh oh! Better strap in boys... Alfred has matched last season's win total after 4 games. On a two game win streak after I made the tweaks yesterday. My boys are ready to lay the wood.

2-2, still making some tweaks.. Next year might be the year for me, after these frosh get some time to grow

I really don't understand how I'm losing. My team has an average rating 30 points higher than CuseTroop's, and I still lost. What the hell? I'm just not getting it, I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom