Colorado fires Karl Dorrell / hires Deion Sanders | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Colorado fires Karl Dorrell / hires Deion Sanders

Transparency and social media engagement. It’s not the 90s anymore and Gen Z is into social media and building their brand. Fans also want the inside look at what’s going on behind the scenes. That drives eyeballs and money. Deion is transformative but it’s not like you cannot apply much of what he does to your own team.
That’s not Dino. He shouldn’t try to be something he is not.

Rick And Morty Dont Hate The Player GIF

Narduzzi is a bit of a tool. But he’s 100% right here. And I’m glad he said it. I wish more coaches, sportswriters, fans, administrators would say it.
I believe the rule says you can replace as many players that portal out.

Wait Prime can’t do what guys like Lincoln Riley and Cristobal has done to flip rosters? Is it because he is doing it better? The way they fire coaches these days you have to flip the team as fast as you can. They were 1-11.

Last edited:
Wait Prime can’t do what guys like Lincoln Riley Cristobal has done to flip rosters? Is it because he is doing it better? The way they fire coaches these days you have to flip the team as fast as you can. They were 1-11.
I don’t think Narduzzi will defend Riley ;)

Wait Prime can’t do what guys like Lincoln Riley Cristobal has done to flip rosters? Is it because he is doing it better? The way they fire coaches these days you have to flip the team as fast as you can. They were 1-11.
Yeah, it’s unfortunate that everyone is up in arms over this when a treasure trove of top end coaches have done similar things. I wonder what’s different this time hmmmmm….

Yeah, it’s unfortunate that everyone is up in arms over this when a treasure trove of top end coaches have done similar things. I wonder what’s different this time hmmmmm….
That he's up front about it?

Narduzzi is a bit of a tool. But he’s 100% right here. And I’m glad he said it. I wish more coaches, sportswriters, fans, administrators would say it.

Why? No one was complaining when Texas San Antonio won 11 games a couple years with 10 out of 11 players on their defense and well over 30 players coming from the transfer portal. They were a darling of the 2021 season. It's a tool like any other tool now.

Why? No one was complaining when Texas San Antonio won 11 games a couple years with 10 out of 11 players on their defense and well over 30 players coming from the transfer portal. They were a darling of the 2021 season. It's a tool like any other tool now.
Well I wasn’t aware of that. So no chance to complain. But I maintain the portal was not intended to bring in an entire new roster, cutting 50 players loose, and bringing in a new roster of mercenaries. I’m not sure why people try to make this something it isn’t. It’s criticism of a system that allows this.

Well I wasn’t aware of that. So no chance to complain. But I maintain the portal was not intended to bring in an entire new roster, cutting 50 players loose, and bringing in a new roster of mercenaries. I’m not sure why people try to make this something it isn’t. It’s criticism of a system that allows this.

So, players are mercenaries now. lol. I know, I know, stop being pedantic. That said, what should the cutoff be? 5, 10, 15 transfer players per school?

I’m not critical of bringing guys in. I’m critical of kicking guys out. I think that’s what Narduzzi was speaking to. And on that part, I think he’s right. Personally, I don’t want Syracuse doing it or anyone else. The program recruited a player. If that player wants to stay for four years, you coach them. If they want to leave on their own, fine. I don’t agree with “cutting” a roster.

I’m not critical of bringing guys in. I’m critical of kicking guys out. I think that’s what Narduzzi was speaking to. And on that part, I think he’s right. Personally, I don’t want Syracuse doing it or anyone else. The program recruited a player. If that player wants to stay for four years, you coach them. If they want to leave on their own, fine. I don’t agree with “cutting” a roster.

Babers may or may not be cutting players. However, Babers certainly is telling players what to expect in the coming Fall and some of those players aren't going to like what they hear and end up leaving. It's essentially the same thing without saying "Hey, we're cutting you".

So, players are mercenaries now. lol. I know, I know, stop being pedantic. That said, what should the cutoff be? 5, 10, 15 transfer players per school?
I don’t have an answer. I’m not smart enough. But I’m smart enough to know the current system is screwed up and it’s being abused, and not for the good of the players - which was the original purpose.

Babers may or may not be cutting players. However, Babers certainly is telling players what to expect in the coming Fall and some of those players aren't going to like what they hear and end up leaving. It's essentially the same thing without saying "Hey, we're cutting you".
What should a head coach do lie and tell a player you might play?
Better to be honest and tell someone you won't play here.
Let them decide to stay or leave.
Of course most of the factories will force you to leave.

This has been happening forever. There still is an 85-scholarship limit and since schools have been signing 25 players a year (not counting transfers) somebody has to leave.

There two differences between the past and now - with the Portal, we know more about who is and how many are leaving because it's all over the internet, and the removal of the requirement to sit out a year has made it easier for those who would have been on the fence to decide in favor of transferring.

This works both ways. Coaches always had "the talk" with players. Its just easier to quit on each other now. The new rules allows the players to leave as soon as they hear something they don't like. Its also allows the coaches to bring in guys that will buy into their culture. We are at a point where we are not surprised that people are taking advantage of this system. Its gonna be used to flip a roster. I know players Marrone Shafer and Dino pushed out. They all do it.

It would be interesting to know how the talk goes with Deion. When 50 guys leave, they're not all being told there's no chance you're going to see the field because more than 35 guys are making the two deep. The numbers add up more logically when you've got 5 or 10 being told they're 3rd or 4th string. I'm not saying I have a huge problem with it. So many players have wanted to be treated like pros for a while now. This is part of it.

I don’t have an answer. I’m not smart enough. But I’m smart enough to know the current system is screwed up and it’s being abused, and not for the good of the players - which was the original purpose.

All4SU, I'm not trying to be dense or push hard, but how is this not for the good of the players? I'm specifically talking about allowing them to move to another team, even in large numbers? Why have free transfers never been an issue all the other sports, but it is for football/basketball? Is it all and only about the money?

All4SU, I'm not trying to be dense or push hard, but how is this not for the good of the players? I'm specifically talking about allowing them to move to another team, even in large numbers? Why have free transfers never been an issue all the other sports, but it is for football/basketball? Is it all and only about the money?
Take a look at the numbers of portal kids who don’t land anywhere. It’s my opinion that the portal is allowing coaches to ramp up their efforts for roster turnover - to a greater extent than ever before. Pushing kids out. Trying to upgrade a position at the expense of a kid who might just be a backup and nothing more.

I don’t think Prime is doing anything unusual. Doug Marrone cleared out GRob's roster by having a talk with all players. I think he laid it out straight with them if he thought they could contribute or not according to his evaluations. Many decided after those talks that they would be better off pursuing football elsewhere. That's all Prime is doing here I believe.

I don’t think Prime is doing anything unusual. Doug Marrone cleared out GRob's roster by having a talk with all players. I think he laid it out straight with them if he thought they could contribute or not according to his evaluations. Many decided after those talks that they would be better off pursuing football elsewhere. That's all Prime is doing here I believe.

Marrone told 9 players to leave. 8 did, 1 refused.