Class of 2014 - Colton Moskal | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Colton Moskal

chicagostorm.jpg

updated with the most recent satellite image of the storm...

This is an excellent foreshadowing tweet from Coach Lea
2h
Is that storm heading our way from Chicago?

Lake Zurich is a suburb of Chicago just a little northwest of the city. I have a few cousins there and is a really great mid-western town.

Haven't been there since '95

High school football is insane in the few counties around Chicago. The Napierville teams North and South use to be regulars in the USA Today top 25 teams and a great high school rivalry. 20,000 fans and a long a$$ walk to the stadium.

He and Zaire could be a phenomenal tandem in the near future. LETS GO CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE!! (this might have been that secret Zaire was talking about)
That was my thought watching him. This guy is fast, reads OL as well as any HS LB I've ever seen (which is admittedly quite limited in terms of scouting D1 talent) and he hits like a freight train. Looks like he could be a ST weapon from day one.

Imagine adding the other kid (Sykes? Might be misremembering his name) to those two? Our LBs will be a fun group to watch for quite some time.

Lake Zurich is a suburb of Chicago just a little northwest of the city. I have a few cousins there and is a really great mid-western town.

High school football is insane in the few counties around Chicago. The Napierville teams North and South use to be regulars in the USA Today top 25 teams and a great high school rivalry. 20,000 fans and a long a$$ walk to the stadium.

i noticed on his highlight reel the amount of people at the games. they seem absolutely packed. i'll say again if anybody hasn't watched this highlight reel watch it. he has some of the hardest in game hits throughout the whole reel that i have ever seen.

i noticed on his highlight reel the amount of people at the games. they seem absolutely packed. i'll say again if anybody hasn't watched this highlight reel watch it. he has some of the hardest in game hits throughout the whole reel that i have ever seen.

I was going to ask where the reel was from at first,but dam that was some serious hits he had.

will teel have any years left when he gets here

That highlight reel, it's like watching one of the Hanson Brothers play middle linebacker.

Yeah, our staff was at a disadvantage on that one NC State guys were recruiting home the prior year at N Illinois.

Yeah I know. It's too bad he was a really good looking prospect.

This kid is absurd. Great field vision, hits like a freightliner, wraps up every time, and drives through his tackles. Love this pick up and actually found myself feeling bad for some of the guys on the receiving end of those hits.

Love the speed and the way he shakes blockers. real nose for the ball. Welcome to the 'Cuse, great addition!

This kid is absurd. Great field vision, hits like a freightliner, wraps up every time, and drives through his tackles. Love this pick up and actually found myself feeling bad for some of the guys on the receiving end of those hits.
He is an absolute animal. I think it's a very likely he has a 4* rating next year.

Great start to summer. OLB core looks great with those last 2 pick ups in the14' class. I usually say wait to these kids bulk up a bit, but in this case who has to wait!

He looks great from his film. Not sure about playing immediately, as he is 215 lbs. But if he adds another 10-15 lbs in the next year maybe he could be an immediate impact kind of player.

He looks great from his film. Not sure about playing immediately, as he is 215 lbs. But if he adds another 10-15 lbs in the next year maybe he could be an immediate impact kind of player.
He is already bigger than D. Davis and Kirkland.

Lake Zurich is the town bordering my town, Palatine, in the NW 'burbs of Chicago. LZHS plays each year the HS where my kids graduated from...Fremd HS (school that produced QB Tolzien from Wisconsin and current FBS starters, OT Lombard of ND, OT Konopka of Northwestern and C Bobek of Minnesota) and they are one of the best programs in the state of IL. LZ usually wins or finishes 2nd in group 7A (second largest in state) and this is what the Cuse is getting in Moskal...a WINNER!

I love his style of play and can't wait to see him in person this season and I will be proudly wearing my Syracuse stuff to his games. Great pick-up!!!

Da Bears!!
The Lake Zurich High school bears that is.
My high school, so psyched a Bear will be on the roster.
My class had only a QB that went to Brown of all places.

Welcome Colton, I will be rooting very hard for your success.

Attachments

• logo_bears.jpeg
    logo_bears.jpeg
    15.6 KB · Views: 186
What Colton is going to bring to SU is that next step in the continued talent upgrade. We've seen it progress over the previous few years. Not only are we getting LBs who can break through the LOS, they're shedding blocks better, stopping the play better, wrapping up, as opposed to just simply disrupting. This is a definitely a big get.

I was going to ask where the reel was from at first,but dam that was some serious hits he had.

will teel have any years left when he gets here
He certainly passes "the look test"
I agree his video is impressive but someof those plays the blockers never touched him which makes wonder a bit. I'm not questing his ability only the fact hat you gotta be aware of his competition in these things.

that's one hard hitting highlight reel he has

Glad to get him; he laid a couple of kids out in that reel, especially when blocking on special teams. Looks like a "hardnosed" blue collar kid. But, am I the only one who saw a fair amount of arm tackling too? He does not have the size to get by with that in college.

Great start to summer. OLB core looks great with those last 2 pick ups in the14' class. I usually say wait to these kids bulk up a bit, but in this case who has to wait!

MLB for Colton

That highlight reel, it's like watching one of the Hanson Brothers play middle linebacker.
HARDNOSED I would think is appropriate for this kid.:eek: