Class of 2014 - Colton Moskal | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Colton Moskal

Mike 1h
Syracuse commit Colton Moskal will be in attendance tonight when the Orange face Northwestern

Moskal is out today with a sprained ankle. Mostly a precaution. No coincidence Lake Zurich gave up their first TD of the season. This kid is a player, and plays in front of packed houses every game.

For anyone who has 10 mins to burn on Watch ESPN (ESPN3 to some) they have the Mt Carmel vs Loyola replay on. Best part of it is at about the 3:45 mark. Chicago Tribune writer is interviewed and discusses state rankings ... points at Lake Zurich at #3 in the rankings and calls out Colton and mentions that he is going to the Cuse ... I can't wait for this kid to get to campus!

http://www.highschoolcubenews.com/news_article/show/308289?referrer_id=599124

"So is the Bears’ defense, which Hononegah (8-3) had no answer for.
For the second straight game, defensive end Dominic McNeil had a pair of sacks. Senior MLB Colton Moskal added one of his own, and was as disruptive as any Lake Zurich player Saturday. As he often does, Moskal downplayed his individual efforts."
“It’s a whole team effort,” Moskal said. “Our coaches, our players, our gameplan. The coaches put us in a position to win every week, and it’s just up to us to do our part. Today, we executed those plays they came up with for us.”

Great get along with Franklin (waiting for Cohen to give his film a grade of D and try to make the kid rethink his commitment..Please don't Cohen that was sarcasm). Would love for the flood gates to break open with a multiple commit week, but I will take quality one at a time vs quantity anyday!

:D
Our usual sequence of obtaining verbals THIS SEASON has been lose the game and then get a verbal. Its only an observation not a condition on the subject. Unless this team has something in them that can knock off argueably the best team in the country this coming Saturday we will lose and themn be looking for some recruiting news. Personally I prfer a win and then silenceon the recruiting front.:blah:

The staff is extremely excited about Moskal next year. Has a chance for serious PT. If he enrolled early, he would've been in the running to start at the Mike. Yep, staff likes him.

The staff is extremely excited about Moskal next year. Has a chance for serious PT. If he enrolled early, he would've been in the running to start at the Mike. Yep, staff likes him.

I thought the staff was very excited about Hoge and had him slated to take over for Spruill next season? The kid didnt redshirt for a reason

I thought the staff was very excited about Hoge and had him slated to take over for Spruill next season? The kid didnt redshirt for a reason
Why would someone saying "a kid could get serious playing time" mean they are not excited about Hodge? The 'Cuse rotates linebackers for packages. Also, frosh linebackers contribute on special teams. I'm excited for this kid (and all the LB recruits), and excited for Hodge to come back. There are plenty of reps to go around for players that earn it...

Why would someone saying "a kid could get serious playing time" mean they are not excited about Hodge? The 'Cuse rotates linebackers for packages. Also, frosh linebackers contribute on special teams. I'm excited for this kid (and all the LB recruits), and excited for Hodge to come back. There are plenty of reps to go around for players that earn it...

The "expect him to start at the Mike" line is more what I was thinking than he can contribute early

offered by Cal last night. We have any reason to be concerned that he may be taking that offer seriously?

offered by Cal last night. We have any reason to be concerned that he may be taking that offer seriously?
I don't think there's anything to worry about with Colton. He's a very solid shade of Orange. Possible 2-deep/starting possibilities from the get-go. No way.

Cal's newly announced DC, Art Kaufman, was the DC/Linebackers coach at Cincinnati last year when they offered him. Think that's the connection. Can't see it going anywhere.

Last edited:
Always nice to puff up the offer list. Let's add this to the recruits and offer list

Probably not smart of Tyler to talk publicly about a high school kid getting into Lucy's. though we all know what happens on these trips

Probably not smart of Tyler to talk publicly about a high school kid getting into Lucy's. though we all know what happens on these trips
Probably not, but most of us would have known had it not been posted out here by someone not involved in the conversation. The twitter thing has been beaten to death out here but do you guys follow these kids like twitter is a police scanner? One of these times this creepy and sad hobby is going to blow up in a bad way. Is it possible to have these kids enjoy their visit - their life - without their every move posted?