Concerning comment from HCDB | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Concerning comment from HCDB

Year 1 "with a new group"...implying we are starting over with this group.

Not trying to be confrontational or anything, because I am truly curious on how Dino defines his comment, but why would this be a new group? Is it the QB which defines a "new group"? If that is the case, so be it. I only ask because we have a couple OLinemen who started last year, 3 out of 4 of the same running backs, 2 out of 4 of the starting WRs. This comprises 1/2 of your offense returning. Again not trying to be confrontational, im just very curious about the statement.

To each his own. For every Va Tech and Clemson I can counter with a Maryland or NC State. IMHO no rebuild should take four years without showing a level of consistency and an identity. What is our identity? Please don't sell me "fast".

NC State and Maryland in the same category for you? And you could argue very easily that we would have been more consistent if ED had been healthy. If you want to fault the staff for not having a good enough backup in years 1 and 2, go ahead.

Given the last 20 years, I'd go with "good at passing, finally"

To each his own. For every Va Tech and Clemson I can counter with a Maryland or NC State. IMHO no rebuild should take four years without showing a level of consistency and an identity. What is our identity? Please don't sell me "fast".

Also, the idea of "for every Va Tech and Clemson I can counter" can be countered with the fact that we hadn't beaten teams like Clemson and Va Tech in back to back years since, 85 and 86 (top 5 one year, top 20 the other)?!

How many 10-3 seasons do we have in our history? 7. In 118 years. 7.

But yeah, I'm wondering if this guy has what it takes.

Also, the idea of "for every Va Tech and Clemson I can counter" can be countered with the fact that we hadn't beaten teams like Clemson and Va Tech in back to back years since, 85 and 86 (top 5 one year, top 20 the other)?!

It really is amazing. He didn't forget how to coach. And I understand that some of the good feelings from last year may be washing away; but he still gets credit for last year.

I wasn’t expecting another 10 - 3 season, but I certainly wasn’t expecting this kind of regression. We may not get to a bowl this year, but Dino has got to get this team to show they belong on the field with the rest of the ACC. So far they haven’t.

I wasn’t expecting another 10 - 3 season, but I certainly wasn’t expecting this kind of regression. We may not get to a bowl this year, but Dino has got to get this team to show they belong on the field with the rest of the ACC. So far they haven’t.

Yeah he needs to get them to improve and grind out a few more wins. Very clear the teams has regressed this year but they have to find something to build on for next year and that a bad year will hopefully be 6-6 SOMEHOW. Tough to see right now but who knows

So if we slog out way to another 4-8! season what should Babers or JW do?

Here's what I see...

This OL stinks and he's doing everything he can to say it nicely that they stink without saying it.

His recruited QB struggles with reads in games, but he will certainly improve given the time. You can say he's been in the system for however long you want, but game minutes matter, and this is his first full season.

Dino & co are looking at the mirror that they need to be better this far in. I believe they'll get there.

I don't care what offense you run, how fast or slow, how big and bad, how run or pass it is... OL play matters more than absolutely anything.

Bogus. Vs NC State a peer team, rated higher than us:

First Downs
Cuse 21, NCST 21

Total Yds
Cuse 324, NCST 364

In a 6 point game.

I've reached the conclusion that we may not ever be a program that can follow up a great year with another. For us to have a great season we need senior leadership and parts to come together. That happened last year.

I can see us winning anywhere from 0-4 more games. And Dino will have to do some work if we don't get to 5 wins. That to me is an acceptable, if disappointing, backslide after a great season. Look at WSU and Kentucky this year for a comparison.
We need to show improvement next year, back to 7+ wins.

You can see us winning anywhere from 0-6 more games. no doubt about that. probably very equal probability of each outcome too.

First Downs
Cuse 21, NCST 21

Total Yds
Cuse 324, NCST 364

In a 6 point game.

on the road.

Also - we belonged on the field vs clemson too.

Our biggest issue starts (and really ends) with the oline.

“This is Year 1 with our new group,” Babers said after the Holy Cross win. “Then we’ll get to Year 2. Then we’ll get to Year 3. Then it won’t look like there’s paint drying because right now it looks slow to me, but we’ll get it right.”

So in context he was talking about tempo? That's a far cry from the OP saying it was overall how well the O would do.

Bring back the gang:

HCPP
DeLeone at OC
Shafer at DC
Gerg at ST/Quality Control.

I’m in under the condition that we hire Perry Patterson as QB coach and his grandma as something. Quality control?

Is Major Applewhite looking for a job?

So in context he was talking about tempo? That's a far cry from the OP saying it was overall how well the O would do.
Sorry you need this explained to you but Dino's offensive success is predicated on the aspect that he runs so many plays per game. It has been explained that tempo is the identity of this offense. When this offense runs slow it doesn't run well. Connect the dots or feel free to walk around with your head in the sand. How is our offensive production this year? How is the tempo? Mutually exclusive? I think not.

First Downs
Cuse 21, NCST 21

Total Yds
Cuse 324, NCST 364

In a 6 point game.
Numbers skewed a bit by 90 yd fourth quarter drive with nc state in prevent

First Downs
Cuse 21, NCST 21

Total Yds
Cuse 324, NCST 364

In a 6 point game.
My issue with that game is that Nc state team i watched is absolutely horrific. I mean they were bad. They also completed like 4 passes 20 yards down field after being like 1-20 through the season. That was pretty odd.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom