Concerning comment from HCDB | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Concerning comment from HCDB

My issue with that game is that Nc state team i watched is absolutely horrific. I mean they were bad. They also completed like 4 passes 20 yards down field after being like 1-20 through the season. That was pretty odd.

Yeah, it wasn't a perfect performance by our D. But they did enough to win the game. The O let them down.

Chris Ash is available. :p
We should put out feelers to Schiano, just to watch Piscataway burn in the streets

For those that take things too seriously...I think talk of replacing Dino at this point is absolutely ridiculous. I just have some concerns in my other posts.

another min and our odds of winning go up. probably stall in the red zone like we have all yr.

Not trying to be confrontational or anything, because I am truly curious on how Dino defines his comment, but why would this be a new group? Is it the QB which defines a "new group"? If that is the case, so be it. I only ask because we have a couple OLinemen who started last year, 3 out of 4 of the same running backs, 2 out of 4 of the starting WRs. This comprises 1/2 of your offense returning. Again not trying to be confrontational, im just very curious about the statement.
I think this was said in a pre game press conference...maybe after Maryland or WMU. It caught my attention at the time also. I believe it was in the context of going fast and getting the offense rolling. As in, it isn't happening this year with a new oline and QB..etc. That's my interpretation...lots of coach speak this year, so who knows. I personally think Dino has been dropping hints to this year since the preseason...but what do I know.

I think this was said in a pre game press conference...maybe after Maryland or WMU. It caught my attention at the time also. I believe it was in the context of going fast and getting the offense rolling. As in, it isn't happening this year with a new oline and QB..etc. That's my interpretation...lots of coach speak this year, so who knows. I personally think Dino has been dropping hints to this year since the preseason...but what do I know.
It was said after we showed no tempo against Holy Cross.

I think Dino knew we weren't going to be very good, so he's reaching into his sales bag of tricks for everything he can use to keep interest alive.

Didn't have film on them
Week 4 to 6 it will pop
We'll be faster this week
Year 1 with these guys

If we can beat Pitt, he can keep it alive. If we lose to Pitt, he's probably just going to come out and say we're not very good and the work they need to do to put it back together. There is of course a path to a bowl game if we're 3-4, but it will be apparent that it's an extreme long shot.

It might be a dumb strategy but I hope we throw caution to the wind on Friday. First play, play action, go deep and just THROW it. We can survive an INT. Incompletion makes them think, completion makes them think more. I'd rather try to win than manage a rock fight and hope we can pull it out in the end. Pitt is going to blitz like crazy, throw up more jump balls, let the WRs make a play. I'm certain we'll get a few roughing the passer calls, Narduzzi is going to have them laser focused on his ribs.

It was said after we showed no tempo against Holy Cross.
Yes! Just found it!
“This is Year 1 with our new group,” Babers said after the Holy Cross win. “Then we’ll get to Year 2. Then we’ll get to Year 3. Then it won’t look like there’s paint drying because right now it looks slow to me, but we’ll get it right.”

Senior QB to a Sophmore QB is a huge change regardless of who is coaching them. The coaches don't play the games.
The comment you responded to would actually be comparing a redshirt sophomore qb (Dino's 4th year) to a true sophomore qb (Dino's first year). The offense is running slower this year despite the majority of the team having multiple years in the system compared to Dino's first year with only one offseason.

Not going to get too deep into what I think Dino meant when he says something. I do, however, believe that everything he says is scripted to deliver a certain message to one or more of his constituencies (team, coaches, admin, boosters and fans).

Regarding the offensive line, we will know what Dino thinks in due course regarding the coaching and the quality of the unit. I suspect that a move to grad transfers, jucos and/or the transfer portal will speak volumes as we move forward the 2019-20 season.

a lot of people seem to think losing conway , heckel, and martin didn't hurt us at all, which is nuts.
I think the frustration is with why it has hurt us this much. Two of those guys were seniors that we knew would be gone. There is turnover on every team every year. There should be guys developing behind the seniors that may exhibit a marginal drop off that improves with experience. This year has been more than a marginal drop off. We have assumed Dino has been upgrading the talent level. Have we not recruited the talent to replace the guys that graduated or have we not developed them?

I think the frustration is with why it has hurt us this much. Two of those guys were seniors that we knew would be gone. There is turnover on every team every year. There should be guys developing behind the seniors that may exhibit a marginal drop off that improves with experience. This year has been more than a marginal drop off. We have assumed Dino has been upgrading the talent level. Have we not recruited the talent to replace the guys that graduated or have we not developed them?
That's the thing I don't get. We've recruited guys that had offers suggesting they're legit d-1 talents. Did we whiff that badly that many times?

That's the thing I don't get. We've recruited guys that had offers suggesting they're legit d-1 talents. Did we whiff that badly that many times?

Prob a bunch of things. I mean we got a good OT last year as transfer, so that means someone missed a years worth of experience. Some prob are not ready physically yet. I'm not sure the OL coaching is working out well.

Yes he has been telling everyone for months that the 2019 team isn't the 2018 team. Now I guess everyone can have belief with evidence.

Hmmn.

And now the conference is suddenly “up?”

Not sure that’s widely known.

Our special teams are still good, with the same guys essentially.

Defense is good, except for MD.

Stock answer would have been to question OL, which is legit.

Arguably better RBs, similar WR’s.

But biggest difference is QB.

This can’t be that hard to see, right?

Dude...The team is vastly different right now. Yes there is no dungey, there’s also no Custis or Strickland. The O line is different, and the injuries are affecting us. Our secondary is screwed up without Cisco and Iffy.
Teams we played last year are different.

Eric Dungey didnt win 10 games last year, Syracuse did.

Yes he has been telling everyone for months that the 2019 team isn't the 2018 team. Now I guess everyone can have belief with evidence.
I think many of us understood that we aren't the 2018 team. We just thought we'd be better than the 2016/2017 teams. And that's what hurts. This looks like the worst team in his tenure and it's year 4. That stings and kills off the casuals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom